Rides
    Originally posted by Kev
    looking good Beaver
    Last time I used those 3 words together I got a slap

Rides
    Originally posted by Dragon
    And how is it?

Tell us now !
    I dunno yet coz i cant fill the car with oil yet until i get my gauge plate back from mickstreet (said it would be here today.....) coz i have to feed my oil temp sensor which is permanently attached to the back of my gauge through this plate before i can route it to the engine and into my sandwich plate. Thats all im waiting on....

The beav.

Rides
    nice one, whats the clearance like. will it fit with the turbo in place?

regards

Daniel

Rides
    sorry mate ?
    u mean can the pipe be fitted with tubby in place? - if so i doubt it - you can see 3 of the nuts/bolts in the pic but the other two are v dificult to get to - think someone might hav done it with a bent spanner or somethin though.

Tuesdays the day hopefully (assuming my gauge plate comes of course :P)

Rides
    yep, i fitted mine to my s14 with the turbo in place, just really fiddly as you can only turn the nuts a small amount each time.

just curious

Rides
    Update.

Sorry bout the delay - all finished but went to screw my oil filter on to my new sandwich plate and it aint right

Ill have to go to think automotive (twickenham) tomorow with it and see if they got one that actually fits

More updates tomorow....

Rides

Final Report....

Ok me cars back on the road yeeha
    Anyway the dano dump pipe is on and working very well. I put a t28 on at the same time. It holds 15psi easily to 7000rpm now .
    You can hear a little bit more of the turbo spool now which is nice.

Very very nice mid range / top end now and im sure the dump pipe has helped a lot.

Its a good bit of kit Buy one now! Speak to dano.

Had cpl of issues of the flange not being absolutely flat, which i got machined flat, and after machining flat cpl of the bolts holes are ever so slightly out (prob because of of warped flange) but 2 mins with a drill and they are fine.
    I think dano has had a word about the flange flatness with the manufacturers. cue-dano...

Anyway it gets

and after my latest spin to the optimax garage

P.s. as to fitting with turbo in place - mine was out anyway so i dont know how hard it is but i believe it has been done by someone on the board - kev?, someone? with bent spanner etc but to be honest takin the tubby off isnt that hard if you keep it all in one piece.

Nice one Dano - ive pm`d u m8.
    Last edited by beavertron; 08-06-2003 at 20:13.

Rides

Re: Final Report....

oops dbl post im so excited lol

Rides
    Beavertron, I'm not doubting the performance gains you got but I would be interested how you can possibly account any gain to the dump pipe seeing as you fitted a T28 at the same time. Any T28 equipped S13 will hold 15psi to the redline, thats one of the main reasons for using them.

Its like saying "this new exhaust I fitted is great, gave me 500bhp. Oh, fitted an F1 engine at the same time."

I'm not knocking the dump pipe or its potential gains but it just seems a pointless post as it wasnt the only mod you fitted and therefore the benefits are unquantifiable.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Originally posted by SteveCarter200
    Beavertron, I'm not doubting the performance gains you got but I would be interested how you can possibly account any gain to the dump pipe seeing as you fitted a T28 at the same time. Any T28 equipped S13 will hold 15psi to the redline, thats one of the main reasons for using them.

Its like saying "this new exhaust I fitted is great, gave me 500bhp. Oh, fitted an F1 engine at the same time."

I'm not knocking the dump pipe or its potential gains but it just seems a pointless post as it wasnt the only mod you fitted and therefore the benefits are unquantifiable.
    Agreed, a T28 will increase the mid-range and top end greatly, I think we need someone to get a power graph without a new dump pipe and with one fitted to see any gains on the same spec.

Rides
    Me me me.

Think Kev is second test monkey

Rides
    Originally posted by Paul_s13
    Agreed, a T28 will increase the mid-range and top end greatly, I think we need someone to get a power graph without a new dump pipe and with one fitted to see any gains on the same spec.
    Heh, going by another of Beavertrons posts he also fitted a chip as well.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Ok fair enough, The t28 would make plenty of difference. I was never going to do a before and after on the dyno type test. Just to check it fits properley and works ok which it does. Its thinner metal so gives you a bit more sound of the turbo definately. As for actual exact performance gains then someone will have to do a before and after on the dyno.

Sorry if i implied otherwise make up your own minds but it seems good to me.

and the chip was fitted a few weeks b4 i changed the tubby.

Rides
    maybe cant use ur power gains mate, but at least we now know what the issues are regarding fitment, and hopefully dano will address and resolve these asap.

Dano, if ur looking mate, i plan to take the engine out in bout 2 weeks mate so if u have another dump pipe ready, with a divider, ill be waiting to test it out and report any power gains.

Kev

Rides
    i should be getting 2 pipes this week, its then just getting the divider sorted.. should be ok for two weeks

the fitment probs was because the factory forgot to drill out the holes to 9mm after fabrication, simple error but still should not happen, they have also been told about the warped flanges.

regards

Daniel

andyf
    I'm interested but I don't notice any prices yet :| Can't commit

Rides
    they will be £100 fella.