Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S13 Stainless Dump Pipe Group Buy

Rides
    Originally posted by Kev
    and fook havin a paddle when the organic copes ok so far.................
    Kiss of death mate
    guys would there be sommat we could add in to the turbo to seperate up to the flange line, maybe sommat that could be bolted in...........

Hold up, is this what Matt means?
    Yeh think so.

Matt what is the flange at the turbo end like is it 1 big hole or 2 seperate ones

Rides
    Originally posted by dobergoose
    Kiss of death mate

Yeh think so.

Matt what is the flange at the turbo end like is it 1 big hole or 2 seperate ones
    i imagine its two separate holes, because it has two separate pipes i only have the pics from the first two pipes

Rides
    Ive got another question matt.

You say that the dump pipe is 3". Can you check this because having measured the back of my T28 I cant see how it can be. The main pipe could only be a maximum of 50mm and the wastegate pipe a max of 35mm. There just isnt room to get any bigger pipe than this.

Me
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Mefinks poor Matt
    Member no. 31 Project Purplyness
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    I'll just add to say that I know you are only going on the info given to you Matt, having not seen the thing in the flesh.

Just wondering.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!

Rides
    Originally posted by SteveCarter200
    Ive got another question matt.

You say that the dump pipe is 3". Can you check this because having measured the back of my T28 I cant see how it can be. The main pipe could only be a maximum of 50mm and the wastegate pipe a max of 35mm. There just isnt room to get any bigger pipe than this.

Me
    sigh this is something i obviously havent a clue about, i havent seen one, i just wanted one, dano makes em. I know you are only asking quessies steve but as i havent seen them before its impossible for me to know, alls i know is the new one will be better than my old one, i was told 3inch dump pipe and thats all i have repeated, suggest you PM dano and get detailed info. from him. I can see your point tho it would be interesting to see what dano has to say bout it.

Rides
    Originally posted by matt_j
    sigh this is something i obviously havent a clue about, i havent seen one, i just wanted one, dano makes em. I know you are only asking quessies steve but as i havent seen them before its impossible for me to know, alls i know is the new one will be better than my old one, i was told 3inch dump pipe and thats all i have repeated, suggest you PM dano and get detailed info. from him. I can see your point tho it would be interesting to see what dano has to say bout it.
    Will do old chum.

Rides
    Well, Danos replied to my PM and the pipes arent 3" but 2". But, take ito account that that is only the main pipe, the wastegate pipe is another 1" or so in diameter so that equates to a 2.2" pipe if you work out the areas of both pipes.

Rides
    hi, what i was thinking of doing was to have a flat plate fitted to the top, that fitted tight to the turbo, i could prob get something made like the hks 's' bit on the top but may take a bit longer to sort out.

the main pipe is 50mm and the second i think is about 30mm. when i get one back i will confirm.

if you all want screamer pipes i will put the time in on the development, but the first one back will be a sealed pipe, this will need to be test fitted for me.

regards

Daniel

Rides
    Where would the screamer pipe go Martin/Matt/Steve?
    Would it just go straight down 6" and stop or would u have to add sommat else on?
    Member no. 31 Project Purplyness
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Most of the ones I've seen pics of go about 6 inches.

I was wondering about flames from screamer pipe? Burned paintwork underneath or not enough flame?

Rides
    Interested - i shall await the outcome of the many questions though.
    What exactly is meant by screamer pipe anyway???

Rides
    Its a gay dump pipe

Rides
    If you look at the pics I posted earlier in this thread, the ones with a pipe venting to atmosphere instead of back into exhaust, called screamer pipes cause at high rpm when your wastegate is regulating boost its being vented and makes a loud noise, also gives you a louder wastegate chattering noise, yummy

Rides
    Originally posted by SteveCarter200
    the pipes arent 3" but 2". But, take ito account that that is only the main pipe, the wastegate pipe is another 1" or so in diameter so that equates to a 2.2" pipe if you work out the areas of both pipes.
    I cant see the point in these without the screamer pipe, as the exhaust flange is surely still going to be the bottleneck?

I would be very interested in buying one as a screamer pipe, but otherwise cant see a great deal of benefit. Please correct and flame me at will

Rides
    it makes a difference, i was sceptical before i fitted mine but had an instant grin on my face after fitting, and thats without a seperator.

its about the turbulance where the exhaust and wastegate gasses meet and having a smooth inside to the pipe.

i wouldnt want a screamer pipe fitted to my car but thats choice,

i have spoken to the factory today who are going to make one of each - ie, one screamer and one sealed, but then need to sort the seperators.

phatty has fitted the hks one and raves about it, this one is sealed too.

regards

Daniel

Rides
    do you s13 guy's need lambda bosses fitted?

Rides
    Originally posted by dano
    do you s13 guy's need lambda bosses fitted?
    If you are selling to facelift S13s then yes, they will have to have a lambda boss.

Rides
    i dont dano mate, the one i sent you was mine, i dont need no lambda probe boss

Rides
    I need a lambda boss on mine ta