Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S13 Stainless Dump Pipe Group Buy

Rides

S13 Stainless Dump Pipe Group Buy

Yes i seem to be organising another one

I got speaking to dano after he made a bunch of s14 dump pipes, anyone who has looked at their standard dump pipe after removing it from the tubby has probably not loved the design and remarked at its high flow, especially those who have 3inch systems and are lookin at 300bhp. The dump pipe is the first part of the exhaust in combining exhaust and wastegate gases, if you want a 3inch all the way through system this is what dano is making...

Its basically a Greddy/HKS copy of a dump pipe with a separate pipe from the wastegate blending into the main pipe in an effort to reduce the turbulence of the separate flows meeting. With it being stainless its also smoother flow rather than the cast item, and with it being 3 inch it should flow better for higher power cars.

I sent my dump pipe to dano over 2 weeks ago, he is near to having a prototype made which will have to be tested. The dump pipe has the same flange mating to the turbo as the s14 items ie. T28 fitting. This is because of the dump pipe being beneficial at higher power which isnt something the T25 is capable of. However it is fine to slot out the T28 hole slightly to make it fit a T25 if needs be, just like upgrading to a T28 turbo would require slotting of the standard dump pipe.

Feedback has been very good from the s14 owners and this is a good opportunity to get a well made dump pipe without being shafted by big name Jap tuners and import costs.

5 needed for a group buy, i am one, anyone else? Please post any questions below and reply if you are serious about getting one, piccies in attachments

THE LIST!

1)Matt_j
    2)Kev
    3)Dobergoose
    4)....
    5).....
    Last edited by Kev; 20-05-2003 at 01:29.

Rides
    second pic

Rides
    a plice pwease matteeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

oh and with it being 3" and the goose being 2+1/4 will that mean the flanges wont mate up?
    Member no. 31 Project Purplyness
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Originally posted by Kev
    a plice pwease matteeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

oh and with it being 3" and the goose being 2+1/4 will that mean the flanges wont mate up?
    I have been told 100 quid mate plus any postage, the flanges will be as the standard dump pipe triangle shaped one so i understand....

Rides
    bloody fcuking bollox, I want one, but certainly won't fit a T34.

Shiny!!!

Rides
    Will it have the divider between the 2 pipes?
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Originally posted by SteveCarter200
    Will it have the divider between the 2 pipes?
    couldnt tell you honestly like i had already mailed dano to ask if he did, but if you use the button you would know a bit more, here i did it for you LOL pml:d

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...Dano+dump+pipe

Rides
    ROTFPML

Absolute class Matt!

Steve, did u not read Paul_s13's sticky post at the top of S13 tech?
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Originally posted by matt_j
    couldnt tell you honestly like i had already mailed dano to ask if he did, but if you use the button you would know a bit more, here i did it for you LOL pml:d

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...Dano+dump+pipe

Pfffft, I asked about the S13 dump pipes, not S14 dump pipes. They may be different designs, I dont know if I dont ask.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!

Rides
    What about one like this, I wanna make more noise

Rides
    yeah yeah stev use your head

dobergoose i was the same but they dont seem to be a possibilty, these are just to reduce to reduce turbulence and increase flow, noise is a bi-product, goin fast is your aim, you want some noise dump the exhaust altogether

Rides
    Just love the extra wastegate noise from a screamer pipe, and i've no need for an external one. Although I'm always moaning about the racket from my Hiper.
    When will these be ready or more to the point when will you be looking for cash? As i'm skint, though I'll still manage the manifold.

Rides
    Just read the post about the S14 ones and bollocks I have no self control when it comes to cars, put me down for one if they'll have a lambda fitting.
    Last edited by dobergoose; 03-05-2003 at 21:33.

Rides
    Originally posted by dobergoose
    Just read the post about the S14 ones and bollocks I have no self control when it comes to cars, put me down for one if they'll have a lambda fitting.
    haha,good man
    i wanted a screamer pipe as well but not possible for flow as far as i know anyway so this is as good as i want

cool

Rides
    Originally posted by matt_j

i wanted a screamer pipe as well but not possible for flow

What do you mean Matt? I dont understand. I would want a screamer pipe as well.

I asked about the divider because IMO they are pretty useless without them and therefore wouldnt be interested.

Rides
    From the s14 posts id say that dano is not keen on fitting a divider, would have to say i can kinda see his point about it leaking, and how would u cure that?
    Since we are looking at min 5 orders i gotta assume this is to cover design as well as build, so should it not be made to our specs?
    Not meaning to be arsey, but if they are still to be built then surely this can be added.

Martin, look u keep this up and im gonna end up getting a rollerbearing from Bren, im tellin u!
    Stop bloody copying my purchases!!!!!
    (btw, cc company just upped my limit by 1100 )

Matteeeeeewwwwwwwwww, i see nout about thickness of the pipes, seen as it was an issue with da manifolds.

Kev
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    hello guy's, i am going to get a tongue fitted to the top of the flange to split the outlets, but cannot guarantee a complete seal, hense not doing screamer pipes. if there is 5 people wanting them as screamer pipes i will look into doing them.

the bottom flange is as per the standard one but with a bigger pipe entering.

the min order is because the factory charges to make the jig that they are made from, they then keep it for me. this alone costs £75.

i will confirm pipe thickness but i have one on my car without the turbo support bracket with no probs.

the one fitted to my car does not have a divider and made loads of difference to its performance.

regards

Daniel

Rides
    Originally posted by Kev
    Martin, look u keep this up and im gonna end up getting a rollerbearing from Bren, im tellin u!
    Stop bloody copying my purchases!!!!!
    (btw, cc company just upped my limit by 1100
    You started me modding my 200, and you know I've always went on about screamer pipes well this is the nearest I can get

Maybe I'll order some AGX's now

You'll just have to get a paddle clutch lightened flywheel and engine mounts. And you DO keep mentioning big jap back boxes.

Rides
    Originally posted by SteveCarter200
    What do you mean Matt? I dont understand. I would want a screamer pipe as well.

I asked about the divider because IMO they are pretty useless without them and therefore wouldnt be interested.
    its that tight seal between wastegate and exhaust pipes dano is referring to up here, have you read that s14 thread yet steve? I also wanted the bolt in S type separator inside that Greddy and HKS units come with

Rides
    Originally posted by dobergoose
    You'll just have to get a paddle clutch lightened flywheel and engine mounts. And you DO keep mentioning big jap back boxes.
    Haa haa no chance ive felt how much shakin u get with those mounts, and fook havin a paddle when the organic copes ok so far.................

And Jap box, i mentioned it once, and only cos i wanted it free!
    i just wanted it for the flames

guys would there be sommat we could add in to the turbo to seperate up to the flange line, maybe sommat that could be bolted in...........

Hold up, is this what Matt means?
    CA19.5DET 390BHP