Thread: COD Modern warfare 2 teaser trailer

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Yes see above...
    Almost unplayable (PC)
    Most games for me too. I'm on the ps3.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PISSY PANTS!! View Post
    Till I get claymores I'm resorting to noob tubing on the new maps, hate it when I dont know the layouts
    People always camp on the new maps too. It's highly annoying.
    Nothing better than tonking someone with a nubetoob round point blank
    I got another headshot with one yesterday, it was randomly fired over a Caravan in Trailer park. Shame it wasn't on the final killcam.

Rides
    I've been back on a fair bit this week after a couple of months of next to no playing time. Is it just me or have people got crap!? I expected to have my arse handed to me but I end up top of the pile in just about every game. I've started to like free-for-all as well having never really got on with it before. It just seems like easy kills?
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing well, but just wondered if anyone elso had noticed a drop in the general skill of players?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Grr View Post
    I've been back on a fair bit this week after a couple of months of next to no playing time. Is it just me or have people got crap!? I expected to have my arse handed to me but I end up top of the pile in just about every game. I've started to like free-for-all as well having never really got on with it before. It just seems like easy kills?
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing well, but just wondered if anyone elso had noticed a drop in the general skill of players?
    It's luck of the drawer.
    9 out 10 times I play I'm top though

Rides
    I think its all to do with your connection relative to the people your playing with.

I have mental TDM games were I'm getting +40 kills to a couple of deaths and the flip side is i'll have another game where it takes the best part of a clip to take someone down - and these games my k/d ratio isnt so good.

Rides
    Its all down to the connection, lag and all that.
    This makes a massive difference to the game, you can be the best player in the world and struggle against an average opponent if you connection to the host aint as good.
    All the skills in the universe wont stop you from being shot first.

Rides
    Its all down to the connection, lag and all that.
    This makes a massive difference to the game, you can be the best player in the world and struggle against an average opponent if you connection to the host aint as good.
    All the skills in the universe wont stop you from being shot first.
    And this is where you have to learn when to cut your losses and leave.
    My win ratio is terrible at 0.98 because I quit games with any lag.
    But my KD ratio is quite good at 1.82 because I only get a neg if I'm messing around with friends (try unlocking the FAL on bad connection ), or if I quit at 2 deaths to nil kills.

Accuracy is suffering due to laggy games though at about 19.7% But it's still quite high on my friends list. (Apart from Maccy D who only used a shotgun when he played).

I've been playing for 17 days

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by McRearout View Post
    And this is where you have to learn when to cut your losses and leave.
    My win ratio is terrible at 0.98 because I quit games with any lag.
    But my KD ratio is quite good at 1.82 because I only get a neg if I'm messing around with friends (try unlocking the FAL on bad connection ), or if I quit at 2 deaths to nil kills.

Accuracy is suffering due to laggy games though at about 19.7% But it's still quite high on my friends list. (Apart from Maccy D who only used a shotgun when he played).

I've been playing for 17 days
    So you're a quitter, when things don't go you way?

Yes we all know MaccyD only uses a shotgun and his accuracy shows the same. He is proud of it but that's fine, we let him have his victory.

I am first to admit that i'm rubbish at this game, mostly because 95% of the time i am far less than sober when i play......who gives a **** i hear you mumble.

Actually no-one does.........

This thread is full of people (not directly pointing at you) proclaiming at how awesome they are at playing a stupid fcking game......I will play and be bad tonight once again....

Sorry for the rant, it will be forgotton tomorrow along with the outstanding ratios

Peace love and all that!
    Last edited by danny-mac; 10-07-2010 at 11:56.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-mac View Post
    I'm a quitter when lag ruins my fun.
    What's the point continuing if you empty an entire clip into someone and they don't die?
    It's not worth the stress.

Maccy D uses his shotgun a lot, but he's a good player using any weapon when I've played with him.
    I don't think that anyone on here thinks that they're a skillzor l33t player
    When I refer to my stats, I'm trying to point out how sad I am. I've also pointed out in this thread that I've missed more targets with my bullets than anyone else by a long shot

I am first to admit that i'm rubbish at this game, mostly because 95% of the time i am far less than sober when i play......who gives a **** i hear you mumble.
    Do you enjoy it when you play? Obviously, if you keep on playing...

That's the name of the game I thought - having fun.

I fail to see the point of your rant
    Last edited by McRearout; 10-07-2010 at 17:48.

Rides
    Got to agree with McRanty above, when i get into a game and i am at a serious disadvantage with lag then i will pull out no questions.
    I also hate being dumped into a game half way through and will pull out 9 times out of 10 with that.

The pc doesnt have a KD ratio but my deaths are at something like 19700 and kills 2000 less, mainly due to different weapon testing, exceptionally poor connections and me being a rusher
    I dont care though, dont play the game for stats.

Rides
    I'm the same, when it's to laggy I'll leave
    what's the point of playing when your at a disadvantage
    I can't wait for the new one as they've royaly ****ed this one up and don't seem bother about fixing it

Rides
    I wait until the game picks a new host.

Yesterday i was 5 behind, came back and ended 5 infront after the host changed.

Yeah I do enjoy the game, win, lose or draw but it isn't because of stats. They aren't important in my view. It's having a laugh with your mates that makes it for me.

I acknowledge that we are all different though.

Rides
    I wait until the game picks a new host.
    Thats not likely to happen a lot (at least on the pc version)
    Most times if you start with a shit host it will hold onto it unless the host pulls or changes name.
    So you basically go nowhere.

There are some very real differences between the console and pc versions, we get a really shit matchmaking system and poor communication. However when its working right it looks epic.

Rides
    Thats not likely to happen a lot (at least on the pc version)
    Most times if you start with a shit host it will hold onto it unless the host pulls or changes name.
    So you basically go nowhere.

There are some very real differences between the console and pc versions, we get a really shit matchmaking system and poor communication. However when its working right it looks epic.
    Before someone at Infinity Ward fiddled with it, bad hosts used to get kicked. That no longer happens anymore.

You either have to put up with it or leave.
    I'm more of a range player (a lot of my hills are longshots with RPD/M16/ACR so I need a good host or it ruins my game.

If I'm the host it's all good - everyone has a solid 4 bars.
    When you have a bad host - they tend to have 4 bar connection and everyone else will be on 3, with the odd person on 2. You might as well leave unless you want a one sided game with one bloke on 30+ kills and everyone else on 5 because they're shooting at thin air.

Anyone tried the barebones game type? I thought I would be terrible without my AC130's but actually surprised myself It was a breath of fresh air not having to run indoors every 2 minutes because of a predator/Pavelow etc

Rides
    Finally got the new maps after a couple of months not playing. They're not that bad although it amazing how shite you get when you haven't played for a while Started to get my eye in a bit and had some fun (and pretty equal) games.
    The joypad nearly got destroyed after a lot of games with crap hosts

Did my first prestige too
    Last edited by lil ben; 17-07-2010 at 15:36.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lil ben View Post

Did my first prestige too
    Geek.

I'm about to do my 8th

Rides
    If I'm the host it's all good - everyone has a solid 4 bars.
    When you have a bad host - they tend to have 4 bar connection and everyone else will be on 3, with the odd person on 2. You might as well leave unless you want a one sided game with one bloke on 30+ kills and everyone else on 5 because they're shooting at thin air.

I know what you are saying, I was playing this last night and walked out of a door behind another player and empied a the last half of my clip into him only for him to turn and kill me.. I was like how the fcuk did they do that!!!!.. after the game I noticed I only had one little red bar..... mosy other had 3 or 4

Is there any way of knowing the connection at the start of the game?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    Is there any way of knowing the connection at the start of the game?
    Press select as the game is starting and you'll find the host, the corrected signals don't stabilize until the game starts though.

I quit from a really bad laggy game last night in a huff only to find out I was the host.
    That's never happened before. I couldn't shoot anyone and it was giving me a REALLY sandy fanny. There was a fellow SXOC'er (Craptin Bag) in the game too.

I have a solid 10meg Fibre optic BB connection with good ping so I don't understand why there was so much lag.

I'm not sure that the host is always to blame, they have seriously fckued something up at Infinity Ward with one of the past updates

Rides
    A lot of the time the host isnt to blame.
    A lot of it is down to how your ISP peers with the hosts ISP, shit connection up there and it will feck it up big style.
    I am currently on a 1mb ip profile as my shitbox homehubs been dropping connections left right and centre (i have replaced it now with a draytek 2800), and its yet to re-establish at a decent speed.
    However even at 1mb its ok to play cod, bandwidth generally isnt the issue, its latency.

Also the recent pc update has fukt things even worse.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by McRearout View Post
    I have a solid 10meg Fibre optic BB connection with good ping so I don't understand why there was so much lag.
    I dont understand the basis on which they find hosts. Sometimes it makes me the host when i have a 1.2meg connection!! Its just laggy as hell, then when it finds a new host it boots me out for good measure, thanks.

Also, what happened to you yesterday?