Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1149

Thread: Let's Laugh At Manchester United !!

Rides
    I think all the sensible Liverpool fans I know all thought that the League would only become realistic if Chelsea were beaten at Anfield, the matches against City and Chelsea where the deciders and only after them could you make a realistic case for winning, City always had too many "easy" games in hand, at home.

Saying that the way this season has gone I bet the top three drop more points before the fat lady sings
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    The Liverpool fans I knew were certain the League was yours after the City game and given Gerarrds very public huddle after it I think he was too. We've had a crap season and as soon as we appointed Moyes I was prepared for disaster and winning sod all which is what has happened But to get so close to your Holy Grail and have it within your grasp and then to let it slip away, that has to hurt. Not for me though I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Saying that the way this season has gone I bet the top three drop more points before the fat lady sings
    I'd stab at that, too. Man City have been held by Blackburn, Norwich and Sunderland, beaten by Wigan, Sunderland, Villa and Cardiff all in just this season - so it's not unforeseeable that they'd slip again. Whether the Scousers have the heart for the fight though - well.....

Personally, as much as I don't really want to say it, I think Chelsea had the best shot at it when they were playing well. Let's be honest, they screwed Man City twice this year and made them look stupid. Beaten Liverpool twice too. Smashed ten goals past Arsenal and Spurs in 2 games. In fact come to think of it I think Chelsea have a pretty much flawless record against all teams down to at least 10th. If only they'd win against teams that park the bus

Rides
    I think all the sensible Liverpool fans I know all thought that the League would only become realistic if Chelsea were beaten at Anfield, the matches against City and Chelsea where the deciders and only after them could you make a realistic case for winning, City always had too many "easy" games in hand, at home.

Yep, the defeat at home to Chelsea was one nail in the coffin. Drawing to Crystal Palace was quite a few more nails hammered in. If City win tonight then that's as good as over, but as you say, the way this season has gone, nothing would surprise me and, regardless of tonight, it still all comes down to what happens on Sunday .

If we win this year, fantastic, if we don't, I'll still look at it as the best season we've had in a long while .

Rides
    Top of the league with one game to go and playing the most entertaining football in the league. I'd have taken that at the end of January when I thought our chances of CL had evaporated thanks to no signings. And I'd certainly have taken that start of the season when I had no expectations at all.

And theres a chance we can still win the league even if we lose our last game anyway

Rides
    Just checked - Chelsea have only dropped 2 points against the current top ten all season; drew with Arsenal

That's a phenomenal thing to do and not win the league imo

Rides
    Chelsea should have won the league, I think they would have been better to keep Rafa over Moaniniho. Not sure whether signing a better striker would have made much difference, what is the point in having a world class conductor if you just park the bus Jose is frustrating the best players Chelsea have instead of letting them play.

City and Liverpool play similar style, albeit City have far superior budget, and also a far better squad. As long as one of these wins over Jose I am a happy man

If anyone has thrown away the league this year it's Chelsea with loses to bottom teams after beating the top teams as Arry says.

Liverpool have played superb, and pushed City and Chelsea who are unfortunately in a different class when it comes to budget. What Liverpool have done is join the party, you need to be disappointed to lose sometimes to make yourself more determined, and build resilience and experience. The flip side is CL and making Liverpool a top level attraction for the best players we need, starting with some central defenders...ha ha

The most amusing thing written above is Man U fans trying to laugh at Liverpool. Erm lads, look at the table please

One things for sure, next season there are potentially 7 teams (City Pool Chelski Arse ManU Spurs Everton) who could qualify for the CL, and it's going to make it a hell of a season!

Rides
    I think Spurs are a year off at least; I just don't expect them to bounce back that quickly. I'll be surprised if Man United to either TBH, but there's more to play around with there.

Rides
    Spurs have a lot of good players, I think the correct manager is critical to how next season goes.

Same with Man U really, the squad is not that bad, and 3 quality additions could make a heck of a difference with the right manager. I'd be more afraid if they got Ancelotti, Van Gaal is good but combustible and will make for good entertainment.

I'm interested to see what pulling power Utd has this summer, and Van Gaal will prefer RVP over Rooney, so he might have his nose put out a bit. The Utd squad has got about 10 players just not good enough at the moment.

Rides
    Spurs have annoyed the shit out of me this year (even more than usual ) some serious schooloy errors from the back 4 have cost us a lot of points. Eriksson has been the only decent signing out of the Bale money, Rose and Naughton are terrible at times and although Ade has been top drawer at times we still need a first class striker with proven premier league ability.

Although the fact we could have Bergcamp on the coaching staff next season and watching the Gooners all self implode with rage and dispair is going to be most amusing
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Spurs have annoyed the shit out of me this year (even more than usual ) some serious schooloy errors from the back 4 have cost us a lot of points. Eriksson has been the only decent signing out of the Bale money, Rose and Naughton are terrible at times and although Ade has been top drawer at times we still need a first class striker with proven premier league ability.
    Yip, and yet sometimes they showed real flashes of what they're capable of. That's the frustrating thing.

Soldado just needs another year and a bit of confidence otherwise he'll do a Torres.
    Chiriches has been hit and miss - not sold on him.
    Paulinho generally speaking has been pretty good - I think he'll get better with a more stable team around him.
    Lamela has great talent but is too weak and it's yet to be seen if he can cope in the PL. If he does a Ronaldo and toughens up then maybe....
    Chadli is alright, but not amazing.
    Capoue got ruined by injury early on. Not seen much from him in the handful of games he's had.

Of the rest:
    Bentaleb I just don't understand why he's playing
    Dawson - what's he doing half the time?!
    Vertonghen has made some really untimely and unforced errors this year that looks just like a confidence thing - he doesn't trust those around him any more. Quality player though and will come good.
    Naughton is garbage - get rid
    Kaboul looks a shadow of his former self - confidence thing again? Maybe he doesn't trust those around him either, but he's no good at marshalling so he needs to be replaced
    Townsend and Lennon have both had their chances but I think there must be someone in the Spurs coaching squad that teaches these boys how to run and they send a howler of a cross to the next corner flag or shoot into row Z.
    Dembele is a tough nut with the ball at his feet, quite like him but he may not be the missing link
    Sigurdsson I'd take over Townsend / Lennon any day personally
    Adabaarrndoor still popping up with the goods but how well would he do across a season I'm not sure
    Harry Kane looks promising.

Still missing a top notch centre back, a full back, and a class striker at least for me.

Rides
    The most amusing thing written above is Man U fans trying to laugh at Liverpool. Erm lads, look at the table please
    A famous man once said "first is first, second is nowhere" I blame Wenger for people thinking qualifying for the Champions League in the 2nd-4th spots is some sort of achievement. Ask any player and I bet 99% of them would rather win a Trophy than finish 2nd 3rd or 4th every year, why do you think Arsenal can't hang onto their best players? They want to leave to win things not play in a competition every season with no chance of winning it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_S13 View Post
    A famous man once said "first is first, second is nowhere"
    So, making the leap for you; is 7th therefore no worse than 2nd?

Rides
    A famous man once said "first is first, second is nowhere"
    What did he say about 7th?

So what do you reckon for Utd next year, who should they keep, who should go, what targets can they realisticly get?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    So, making the leap for you; is 7th therefore no worse than 2nd?
    They are both losers although, in 10 years time no one will remember who can second ... where as the world will still remember when Man-U came 7th

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They are both losers although, in 10 years time no one will remember who can second ... where as the world will still remember when Man-U came 7th
    Ah, good old dependable Johnny

Rides
    Liverpool were seventh last year, who cares about that though

Regarding United we need to start with a good manager and good coaches. Rodgers has shown what good coaching can do and improved the players he has in the space of a year. We need a LB, CB, 2 midfielders and possibly a left winger and I think under the right manager we will challenge again next season. Who should go? Not enough space in the thread
    Last edited by Carl_S13; 07-05-2014 at 15:07.

Rides
    I blame Wenger for people thinking qualifying for the Champions League in the 2nd-4th spots is some sort of achievement. Ask any player and I bet 99% of them would rather win a Trophy than finish 2nd 3rd or 4th every year, why do you think Arsenal can't hang onto their best players? They want to leave to win things not play in a competition every season with no chance of winning it.
    This

Gooners love banging on about CL qualification but i have said time and time again in 20 years time no one will remember the time Arsenal played in the CL and kept going out in the quarters
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Fair play to Tim, win % wise he's right up there - but he can't hide the capitulations behind blind statistics; Spurs have been properly poor, in far too many games this season under his charge. I don't think he'd have made the top four

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27367771

I did like this bit though:
    With Sunday's game safe in the second half, Sherwood invited a Spurs fan into the dugout.
    He said: "This guy sits up there every week, shouting 'get him off Tim, get him on Tim'. He is the proper manager, so it was his chance to have a go. Football is about the fans. It's only friendly banter and we should have more in the game."
    Asked if the fan was in the running for the job, Sherwood joked: "No, he's English."

Rides
    lol

Man U are probably favourites for the title next season, a few decent buys and the right man in the job along with no European footy to worry about they will be right up there again

Spurs destroyed Villa in the first half, just a shame we havent played like that a bit more often
    Mark is right.