Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1149

Thread: Let's Laugh At Manchester United !!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Terrible.

Still, the title will go to the team with the cheating little Uruguayan up front....
    As oppose to any other team 'with the cheating (insert Nationality) up front ...' then . He's no saint (or Greavsie ), but he's one hell of a player .

As for David Moyes, I'm really not surprised, especially given that United might not now even qualify for Europe at all next season. He appeared to do very well at Everton, but it remains to be seen whether Martinez has had a real effect or whether it's a 'blip' (Everton finished 4th a few years back under Moyes). A bit like Liverpool really. I'd like to think that in both cases it isn't just a blip, but great teams are made of more than just one season so we'll wait and see what next year brings.

In the meantime, I'm going to wait until we've won the title before I really start celebrating. In the meantime, I'll just keep smiling .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    As oppose to any other team 'with the cheating (insert Nationality) up front ...' then . He's no saint (or Greavsie ), but he's one hell of a player .

As for David Moyes, I'm really not surprised, especially given that United might not now even qualify for Europe at all next season. He appeared to do very well at Everton, but it remains to be seen whether Martinez has had a real effect or whether it's a 'blip' (Everton finished 4th a few years back under Moyes). A bit like Liverpool really. I'd like to think that in both cases it isn't just a blip, but great teams are made of more than just one season so we'll wait and see what next year brings.

In the meantime, I'm going to wait until we've won the title before I really start celebrating. In the meantime, I'll just keep smiling .
    Managers are just not given enough time anymore, what if Liverpool had sacked Rodgers at the end of last season? Bet you wouldnt have been where you are today Whats to say Moyes couldnt have done the same next season? I think they should have let him reshape the team over the summer then give him 5 or 6 games next season ans see what happens. Its the same at Spurs, Sherwood is given a team that AVB formed more or less then because he hasnt worked miricles with it he will be given the boot in the summer. Chairmen and owners all seem like spoilt kids at the moment in the top 5 or 6 teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    As soon as 4th was impossible he was bound to be gotten rid of, the £5m payoff suggests his contract was performance related thank God it was too. Personally I never wanted him but once the choice is made you need to see how it goes, at any other top job in European football he'd have been gone by Christmas and I think the reason he had so long was partly due to the media. They've been clamoring for a British manager to get a top job for a while now and if they'd pounced on Moyes the way they did AVB then it would have been admitting that United should have gone foreign, that and the tightarse Glazers not wanting to pay his contract up if he was sacked before failing to meet a target. As for him getting more time there was no reason why he should, he's had 9 months to show us his style or his vision of what he was going to do at United. Look at Everton, Martinez has transformed them from a tough to beat team into a good footballing side with a genuine shot at CL football all in the space of 9 months. All Moyes has done is alienate key squad members, rip out any kind of winning mentality and replace it with his doubting, dour pessimism and have us playing the kind of lifeless anaemic football you'd expect of a Sunday league team still pissed from the night before.

Nice to see all the 'pool fans crawling out from the woodwork too now they're having a good season All we need now is the crisis in Ukraine to escalate into WW3 and destroy the world before the season is over

Rides
    That's all true (especially the 'crawling out of the woodwork' bit ), but you also have to factor in Moyes being handed a poisoned chalice. The masterful tactician that Ferguson was, as ever, he knew when to get out . I have no love for 'sir' Alex, but I will always admire his ability as a tactician. With the squad that United have had, they were destined for a top four finish at best, but certainly nowhere near title challengers. I think everybody at the start of the season expected Man City or Chelsea to walk it this year, instead they've just done what Liverpool do most years, lose to the crappy little teams, the ones that should be an easy 3 points.

As for '9 months to show us his style', I'd have thought most people would have known his style from watching him manage Everton for so long. Also, what did Sir Alex do in his first 9 months in charge? I mean, not in terms of success (we all know that his first season wasn't exactly brilliant), but in terms of what he brought to United? It's a genuine question as I have no idea, I don't follow football in detail, I just like to watch my team play (and, invariably in seasons past, lose!) .

Rides
    The job that Fergie inherited and the one Moyes did are on different planets. Moyes inherited the Champions and has spent £65m and made us have our worst season since before the PL started Yeah the squad isn't great in terms of European football but it's better than Evertons, better than Spuds and I dare say better than Liverpools and Arsenals too the problem being Moyes didn't have a clue how to use them. 51 games 51 different starting 11's. Insisting on playing Tony V and Ashley Young when they're hopelessly out of form. Insisting on playing Smalling/Jones at RB when they clearly cant play there effectively. Selling Fabio and leaving us Evra (whose legs have gone) and Buttner who is possibly the worst defender I've ever seen at United and I remember William Prunier Noticing a gaping hole in Midfield and spending £27.5m(!!!!!) on an oversized bog brush who's best talent is elbowing people in the face and passing the ball 4 yards to the opposition. His constant negative comments and baffling pressers. The worst of his crimes though is Rooney, he simply wont drop the guy even when he clearly isn't fit and is in poor form. This season has been so depressing and 99% is down to the manager.

I saw somewhere that when Fergie took over at United they were more likely to win a drinking contest than a football one he overhauled not only the first team but the entire club from top to bottom and it needed doing. It didn't when Moyes took over he could spend his time identifying transfer targets and imprinting his style and ethos onto the squad and improving our football which has become more effective than exciting in the last 2 or 3 years. Both of which he has failed miserably at doing, he's made our football even worse while making the results even worse on top of it and to cap it all he's looked lost and scared. The job was too big for him unfortunately. Just think of it as Hodgson at Liverpool, a likeable manager, good at what he does but completely out of his depth. i always though Liverpool had treated him harshly but this season has made me look at it differently.

Rides

Like I said, I don't really follow the game enough to appear anything other than an ill-informed armchair pundit (and a crap one at that ).

Good analogy re. Roy Hodgson too . He comes across as a really nice guy and I wanted him to do well when he came to Liverpool, but like you say, he was out of his depth and had to go. United certainly deserve better, it's just that I wonder whether it was a cruel joke by Ferguson or whether he really did believe that Moyes was up to the job. If he did believe Moyes capable then perhaps it was best he retired as he's clearly gone totally gaga .

Rides
    I think Fergie saw something of himself in Moyes and genuinely thought he could make the step up. Unfortunatley, for him and us, it wasnt to be. Its telling that the only people sad to see him go are oppo fans Another way to look at it is Fergie getting one back on the Glazers for refusing to give him transfer money

Missed the bit about Fergies first 9 months, he took over a side struggling in the table and took them to mid table at the end of the season and finished second the next season. It all went a bit wrong after that and the team were hugely inconsistent throughout but from all accounts Edwards saw what he was doing behind the scenes and gave him time. Whether that's using hindsight to make himself look better is anyones guess but the 1990 FA Cup win was the start of Fergies success in England and we all know what happened after that.
    Last edited by Carl_S13; 22-04-2014 at 10:24.

Rides
    Maybe Moyes will go to Spurs

Fergie left big boots to fill and anyone other than maybe half a dozen really top flight managers with proven records were going to struggle IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Giggs now in charge of team affairs... well nowt like experience is there

Rides
    So is it too early to start a '' Lets laugh at Liverpool '' thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by japmadlad View Post
    So is it too early to start a '' Lets laugh at Liverpool '' thread?
    So how did Man U do over the weekend?
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Our season is long over. Just enjoy seeing liverpool cry

Rides
    Not crying and won't even if we don't win the final game - which is what it all comes down to, irrespective of what Man City do tomorrow. Last night was indeed painful to listen to, but remind me again, where are we in the league? Oh yes, at the top. And guaranteed European football next season (it's still theoretically possible that we will need to pre-qualify for the Champion's League if we crap ourselves against Newcastle this weekend ). And as Scottie says, Man U didn't exactly have a weekend to crow about. To be fair to Crystal Palace, they kept going when a lot of teams (and better ones than them) would have rolled over and given up and fair play to them for that .

And if you want to start a new thread, go for it .

Rides
    U may not b crying m8 but Suarez was doing a fairly good job of washing his kit on the pitch without taking it off 1st

Rides
    Probably tears of joy at winning another 'player of the year' award .

Unless you're talking about diving. In which case that's a pointless argument, we can all point at players that go down easily as apparently "it's all part of the modern game" or some such cobblers . Suarez has got nothing on Drogba, a man built like a brick shithouse that curiously could fall over as soon as somebody so much as breathed on him!
    Last edited by Cluck; 06-05-2014 at 15:07.

Rides
    For once he wasn't diving but with all the tears of joy he shead last nite he could fill an olympic swimming pool to break his fall lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Probably tears of joy at winning another 'player of the year' award .

Unless you're talking about diving. In which case that's a pointless argument, we can all point at players that go down easily as apparently "it's all part of the modern game" or some such cobblers . Suarez has got nothing on Drogba, a man built like a brick shithouse that curiously could fall over as soon as somebody so much as breathed on him!

Oo I think they're both on a par. Imo he shouldn't have been awarded POTY for play acting alone. He's a dirty little cheating scummy bastard and no amount of being an amazing player can get him into my good books until he improves his behavior. It's shocking and disgraceful

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/04...erious-injury/

Rides

Rides
    Charity shield over CL qualification. Hahahahahaha

Rides
    Open top bus parade in Liverpool displaying the CL qualification trophy Suarez crying and the thought of all the Liverpool fans who have been so sure of themselves doing the same has made my week