Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My s14a Project

Rides

My s14a Project

Right guys i thought id start a project thread as it will be good to see my car to go through its stages.

Being a student and 19 i saved up alot of money since i was 16 with full intentions of by a 14a. luckily for me the month before my insurance ran out(when id be getting a 200) one popped up in the local paper 1 mile away GREAT. i went and looked at it and it was a minter. here's the spec:

64K 1999 T reg.
    One owner from new (the guy is in his 60's)
    100% standard
    Excellent condition in and out escpecially body work.
    full nissan history including brand new front calipers a month before me buying and 4 new tyres.

£3000

i got it for £2800 and was chuffed as has saved 4 grand with intention of not even gettin one in such good nick as this.

here is the pic i took the day i bought it back in october.

whilst waiting a month before i could drive it due to insurance i ordered myself an apexi induction kit from apex and also a HKS SSQV from sumo. (yes i no dump valves make the car run crap but i didnt know this until after it was fitted)

November the 11th and i got to drive it. went to give it stick and feel what i had been waiting for since i was 16 and judder judder judder.BOOST LEAK

after geting a second hand WMIC i couldn't be bothered and got on the end of Dan@DB-power's group buy for the FMIC kit. a month later i got my intercooler, a few days later i got a pm saying the pipes were the wrong angle and had to be corrected. so in december now and still no boost what so ever

January and ive got all the bits to fit the cooler. went to take the front bumper off but all the screws crumbled apart and couldnt get it off. So with the help of my mate and his drive and the knowledge of Clouder_sx we fitted it without trimming and bumper and without taking it off. must be a first time.

took it for a blast and ........ BOOOOOST

3 months later and i felt the power of the beast

Rides
    That looks like it was a bit of a bargain!

I know the feeling. I had the fun of a leaking WMIC when I bought mine too. Then after several hours of holesawing to fit the FMIC, at 1am I took it out for a test run and...

Rides
    whilst on sxoc one night i came accross a defi link BF boost guage and controler 2 both brand new for 190 recored posted. snapped them up from the guy called Paranoid. who had then to me the next day. great bloke and reccomend dealing with him. i then got myself a GReddy single pillar pod and fitted it in. real pleased and look the mutz nutz.

i also got myself a kouki rear bumper and genuine rear kouki spats . from bluedanny85. hope he will see them on my car at japfest this year as it will be on the stand. however i havent got them on yet but today took them to Audiosport to be primed up sprayed and fitted.

I then got my self a monstrocity of a wiring kit from caraudiosecurity.com 0 gauge full of goodies for 50 bob. i also got myself a even beefier battery 110 AMP hour and well you can see for yourself in the pics.

as you can see its held in by the spare wheel bit. doesnt it look small next to the collosal battery

with the help of my mate lee2475. (he worked at the nissan garage my car had been pampered by and had looked after it.)

we routed the cable through the interior, cut the battery terminal off and used a splitter block in the engine bay to join all the power to the main cable.

as you can see Lee and I did a good job and it looks almost as if it was done in a factory.

i then had a local fiberglass company to make me up a battery box in my boot. today i picked it up and fitted it and its great cost 120 quid including fitting. the company is called Audiosport located in redruth and i recommend them to anyone. did a top job and found out the guy who made it is after an s13.

as you can see the box went really well and i have got the buy doing my bumper for me.

he will also be modding the front bumper for me to get more air to the cooler.

Rides
    i will get some pics of the boost guage up this week end but need to get some of it first .

this afternoon i decided my car was filthy so i gave it the best clean it has ever had. 2 washes, then polished twice. all glass cleaned in and out. hoover and polished inside.

i also fitted a jap plate on the front and removed the sx badge on the back as it had gone horrible and the chrome was comming off. its now gleaming and all the neighbours were out having a gander.

i also got some no more nails doublesided tape and fitted my JDM deflectors

however since fitting the boost gauge and getting used to the car i noticed then the front mount kit i have is real laggy mainly due to the length of the hotpipe side of things.

ive also painted my brakes with a tin of hamerite but i think it looks poo. when ive got the time i am going to take all the calipers off and spray them all properly.

my next mods between now and easter are the following.

clear my ovedraft.
    get an apex fmic pipe kit. not the core but all the rest including shiny hot pipe.
    an apex stainless elephant trunk
    some of the recirc pipe for my bov to make it look like its having colonic irrigation.
    walbro pump
    HKS grade 7 plugs

will get some more pics up and keep you all updated. it may move slow as i have a budget of 250 a month for mods on the car
    Last edited by crouchy; 13-03-2009 at 19:07.

Rides
    forgot to mention that i fitted my new JVC headunit its all black and suits the dash a treat.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    What double sided tape did you use on the deflectors. I got some like the stuff off of ebay that you had but it doesn't seem particually solid Cars looking good
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    What double sided tape did you use on the deflectors. I got some like the stuff off of ebay that you had but it doesn't seem particually solid Cars looking good
    i had some off the bay and it was crap also. its called no more nails extreme hold or somthing. said its for outdoor use and 1m can hold 50kg . i got it in wilkinsons and cost me £4.79 but i had to get 2 packs (one for each side) not there is no movement in them and although the tape was expensive it fcuking good stuff.

Rides
    Hi crouch car is looking good mate. Looks like you have made a good start already

Rides
    thanks mate. i plan on going to stage 1a but using the finest jap branded parts possbile so it might take some time.

i mainly want the car to be set up to handle really well so alot of money is going to be spent underneath the car

Rides
    Stage 1a is what i am going for to.

Rides
    These just turned up in the post.

some HKS silicone hosing from Sumo power.

and i got a handheld dyson for keep the inside clean. (so mother doesnt nag me for getting her hoover dirty lol) will also use it on those lonely nights

Rides
    Heres my Headunit and Defi Link Controller II all fitted in. not best happy about the controller and might tape it under the steering wheel. been experimenting as to where is best and what works at the moment. think ill put my HKS EVC 6 in the ash tray slot.

The Guage with GReddy pod holder. for some reason the needle doesnt sit at exactly 0 even with just the ignition on. is there an easy fix of is if fubard?

And my final discovery .................. RUST

the shell itself isn't bad bar the bit on the spare wheel bit right on the seeem.

the rear and front subframes have seen beter days. when the weather gets good ill have it jacked up grinding and undersealing, fun fun

not that bad for a 10 year old car thats lived next to the sea its entire life

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by crouch-21 View Post
    i had some off the bay and it was crap also. its called no more nails extreme hold or somthing. said its for outdoor use and 1m can hold 50kg . i got it in wilkinsons and cost me £4.79 but i had to get 2 packs (one for each side) not there is no movement in them and although the tape was expensive it fcuking good stuff.
    Cheers mate. looks like I will be paying a vist to wilkinsons then
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    nice start and yay another person from the southest of west and more of us youngn's gettin 200's now oh nd looking foward to seein it in the future and finally Welcome

Rides
    You got a good deal on the car,

Were did you fix the fuse on the positive side off the battery feed when you moved it ?

Rides
    jack that nice lookin motor up asap (now the decent weather is here) & give it a scruf with a wire brush & paint your underside with a brush & some decent paint, hammerite is good but follow what the tin says!!!!!!!!!!!!!

other than that it looks good! keep it up!

Rides
    love your jvc head unit.can you pm me how much it was?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by barney rubble View Post
    love your jvc head unit.can you pm me how much it was?
    £120 from www.caraudiosecurity.com

Rides
    today i found my boot full of water even tho it hasnt rained (very confused) and by the sounds of things my turbo gaskets have taken a poo poo

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo View Post
    You got a good deal on the car,

Were did you fix the fuse on the positive side off the battery feed when you moved it ?
    its just behind the battery. however i blew the fuse trying to start the car in gear lol. so now i dont have one