Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: gtir oil pump

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by OdEssA View Post
    Dont know the partnumber but i bought my S15 oil pump from this seller LINK
    But... what if it's not an S15 pump, and just an overpriced S14 pump ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2770 View Post
    But... what if it's not an S15 pump, and just an overpriced S14 pump ?
    Eric is not a scam artist

I have bought most of my internals with him and other parts for mates etc.

He knows his SR's and will make sure you get what you want.

I started dealing with him on ebay but these days i simply email and buy outside of ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    okay! just a little paranoid when it comes to Ebay...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDAL BABBOON View Post

I started dealing with him on ebay but these days i simply email and buy outside of ebay
    I do the same, when i need something i just e-mail him

Flamethrower
    Rides
    S14/S15 oil pumps are virtually the same. Honestly we have never had a pump fail even on our 1000hp S14 which ran a stock oil pump and never had any issues.

Although we have found the VE pumps are much stouter in design,thicker. We've been using these lately on some of our newer builds

Btw we stock tons of oil pumps, water pumps and other OEM Nissan parts at all times since we build quite a bit of motors here.
    Injector Dynamics Injectors. We are your #1 source! Best injectors on the market, PERIOD!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=489952

Mazworx SR 91mm & 92mm stroker crank and stroker kits now available!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=437005

Mazworx "Street Series Top Mount Manifolds! Starting @ 799.00!USD! Full GT3076R Turbo Kit 3299.00USD SHIPPED! Both available NOW!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...36#post4725436

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=435546

www.mazworx.com
    Email/Paypal address sales@mazworx.com AIM: mazworxsales MSN:sales@mazworx.com

Rides
    Any of you guy get caught my mr tax man when getting stuff from the states? Thats my biggest concern as some of the parts for my rebuild will come from there.

Rides
    Do you mean by design or flow? Or both? lol.
    I was intending to get order an s15 one but would rather replace my s14 rotors if its the same as an s15 one anyway.

Cheers Aj

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by thedazman67 View Post
    Any of you guy get caught my mr tax man when getting stuff from the states? Thats my biggest concern as some of the parts for my rebuild will come from there.
    Will be able to tell you soon as iv just ordered about £1500's worth of valvetrain goodies from mazworx!

Cheers Aj

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj82 View Post
    Do you mean by design or flow? Or both? lol.
    I was intending to get order an s15 one but would rather replace my s14 rotors if its the same as an s15 one anyway.

Cheers Aj
    The design of the pump is the same. Flow should be the same. The 2 motors are almost identical to except for a few lil things here and there.
    Injector Dynamics Injectors. We are your #1 source! Best injectors on the market, PERIOD!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=489952

Mazworx SR 91mm & 92mm stroker crank and stroker kits now available!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=437005

Mazworx "Street Series Top Mount Manifolds! Starting @ 799.00!USD! Full GT3076R Turbo Kit 3299.00USD SHIPPED! Both available NOW!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...36#post4725436

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=435546

www.mazworx.com
    Email/Paypal address sales@mazworx.com AIM: mazworxsales MSN:sales@mazworx.com

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by thedazman67 View Post
    Yes i have been taxed once or twice BUT it's not extortionate amounts of money and still works out to be a bargain.

Certain people will send items as gifts for you or will reduce the price of the item to a below tax price if asked nicely though

I don't just buy from Eric, i have bought from many different US suppliers and with every one of them the service has been better than dealing with UK companies.

If you have a search on the site you will find that many of us buy from outside of the UK and you will be able to get information on many US based companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    So there is no real gain to be had from fitting an s15 pump then?? Does the GTI-R pump offer a benefit then?
    I was going to get an s15 pump but dont think i will bother now and just change the rotors on my standard pump.
    Is it possible to modify the pump to improve flow etc?

Cheers Aj

Rides
    The GTir pump could fit a S14 block but there is some modifying needed.The timing pointer is in a different position to that of a vvt oil pump casing and the crank pulley is also different but if you can get hold of a gtir pulley, that problem should be solved. The other problem is that the front left hand (n/s) head bolt (10 mm spanner size) wont line up with the bolt hole on the pump,and the top right hand oil pump housing bolt wont line up with the block bolt hole because the vvt block was modified with an oil feed to the vvt sprocket and so the block bolt hole was moved to one side for clearance.The GTir pump rotors are both larger in diameter and about 12 to 13 mm thick compared to the vvt rotors which are 10 mm thick.It would be a good upgrade.I al most fitted one to my vvt engine but the modification that I had to do to the crank pulley lead to the possibility of front crankshaft oil seal leaks.

Rides
    I don't think you can modify a standard S14 oil pump.
    Last edited by marksdad; 05-06-2009 at 21:13. Reason: bad editing

Rides
    Maybe the pump its only 'slighty' better, but the S15 oil pump cost only 30€ more then a S14 oil pump. What is 30€ when you do a complete engine rebiuld like i did when i bought the S15 pump

Rides
    But if the s15 pump offers no benefit over the s14 pump then your paying that extra 30 for nothing?

Cheers Aj

Rides
    But if the s15 pump offers no benefit over the s14 pump then your paying that extra 30 for nothing?

Cheers Aj

But when i did my rebuild i got only information from people like Ben Taylor and some other experience members that the oil pump IS better. Mazworx say this about the S15 oilpump, 'The 2 motors are almost identical to except for a few lil things here and there'
    Well for my 30€ more on a 7000€ engine rebuild i have a slighty different oil pump

Rides
    Fairpoint mate. I think i am going to have a wee word with mazworx and see what they think is the best direction to go. Its not that i dont believe you or ben taylor etc but if mazworx use s14 pumps on their drag engines then im sure i could save myself over £100 and just stick with my s14a pump,albeit with new rotors etc.

Cheers Aj

Rides
    S14 and S15 are the exact same part numbers according to FAST, 13500-69F00, the only differences are DE vs DET. A friend just got his new front cover from - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-S...205|240%3A1318

Rides
    Fairpoint mate. I think i am going to have a wee word with mazworx and see what they think is the best direction to go. Its not that i dont believe you or ben taylor etc but if mazworx use s14 pumps on their drag engines then im sure i could save myself over £100 and just stick with my s14a pump,albeit with new rotors etc.

Cheers Aj
    I believe Mazworx about the oilpump, they know everything about SR20 engines If i need a new oil pump again i dont buy the expensiver S15 oilpump anymore
    I only want to point out that i dont regret that i bought the S15 oilpump with my rebuild a few years ago

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    S14 and S15 are the exact same part numbers according to FAST, 13500-69F00, the only differences are DE vs DET.
    I think the 'original' S14 oilpump is discontinued and Nissan only sell the "newer/better" S15 oilpump.