Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING - Scammer Operating On These Forums

Rides

WARNING - Scammer Operating On These Forums

This is a warning to everyone about a scammer who continuously creates accounts to rip people off

Accounts used so far is

Skyludeboy
    Affy
    Nicklovin
    180sx Slider
    doridori
    gubbar
    bluestar
    bbor

The user is from the West London/Berks area and generally uses hotmail accounts.

Be very weary of any noob selling parts and make sure they are genuine. Also remember to get as many details as possible include home address and a landline number

We cannot guarantee any sale undertaken on the board and can only remove users if proved to be untrustworthy.

Please try and be more vigilant and less impulsive to get 'dibs'

Please read the advice and guidelines here as well

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/announcement.php?f=12&a=6
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Ive been PM'ed with some further information regarding our friend/friends listed above:

"I would like to wite my story about trading with user „nicklovin”.
    A few weeks ago I posted my buying offer on traders forum. I wanted to buy a turbo. After a couple of days, “nicklovin” offered me one for not much money. I was in need, co I accepted his weird conditions of shipping (he didn’t accept my courier arranging). Two days later, I sent him my money on his paypal account. A day after that, he reported me, that he received the money and he is going to send turbo in two days. That was his last message he has sent. I was sending him messages on two of his mails – no reply. Photos of turbo, that he shown me turned out to be not his. After contacting other people that were trying to make a deal with him, I known that he has two (at least) paypal accounts: nicklovin@hotmail.co.uk and silvia79@live.co.uk (one of them is to cheat, I guess).
    Now I know, that I have been cheated by this guy and I would be very grateful for any info of this man. Probably his real name is Nick Lorsa and he’s from Reading Area.
    I wrote that post to warn others of that guy because he’s cheat."

I can only add that despite the chaps mentioned at the top pleading innocence, in ten years Ive only ever used one account on here and funnily enough Im the only person to have ever logged into it. Take care folks
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I have bought a power stearing pipe from bluestar.
    He told me he shipped it on the 22-1-09 but nothing received
    Now i want to send him a pm and he has turned of the option to receive pm's
    He used deniz_ekrem@hotmail.com as paypal account
    In my case it was only £30

Rides
    bluestar has been banned along with the other usernames gisje - Ill add it to the list we will speak to him about though

Ill leave this open for now, but please dont post unless you think you might have been scammed by these guys.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    i bought a S14a instrument cluster from bluestar it came and was as describe i guess i was lucky.

Rides
    there the same person on driftworks.... and theres two off them-brothers buy the way. one in a 13 and the other allegedly has a 15!!

I have there address if anyones interested??
    Was guna get something off them, turned up and was totally NOT as described even though it was free, just left it there and went home.

Rides
    I got a set of wheels off the guy with no problems.. not saying he's not a scammer but as I've had dealings with him thought I better post up and say they went fine.

Rides
    It is not realy posible to visit him since i am from holland.
    Lets hope the part will turn up some day.
    I have also noticed that the uk post is not the fasted int he world

Rides
    I payed 70£ for a exidy clutch from Blustar..! and have not reseved it yet..!
    i payed by paypal...!
    So if any one goes and visit him. that will be greate..!
    50£ for the clutch and 20£ for postage..!

I will help the best that i cant..!

Regards Dj Dan

Rides
    blustar used thid paypal acount. Sent to:
    mohammed ghafoor
    Email:
    bluestar_trading_co@hotmail.co.uk

Lets get him guys...!

Rides
    nicklovin sold me some coilovers then changed his mind 3 days later i was lucky he refunded my money even though i had the ballache of not being able to touch it in my paypal for 9 days nice bloke also when i asked for a contact number nicklovin said he didnt own a phone

Rides
    For those that paid via Paypal, personally I would approach Paypal and see what they advise. For verified Paypal members you shouldn't have any issue getting the money back by opening a dispute etc. Non-verified members may have some issues, though as I said above I would speak to Paypal and see what they say, maybe point them in the direction of this thread.

Rides
    I got a crank pulley from him. Load of shit, rusty as **** and damaged to boot. Here are the contact details he gave me - name of "Asim"

asim hussain 63 longhill road catford se6 1tz tel 07756066098

If he is a scammer, go get the ****er and string him from the rafters. He took 2 weeks to send the package and only sent it because I ripped it out of him on the phone.

Rides
    Right, Ive cleaned the thread a little - can we please keep this to people who have had dealings with one of the people listed above.

You'll notice that a couple of quotes Ive left are from people who have had good experiences, and that underlines my point of view - I want to see those who have problems get them sorted out. This is not a witch hunt and the ideal end game for me is that everone gets their stuff and the lads listed above clear their names

As I say, if you have a problem with one of the above listed users then stick the details here. If not, then please leave the thread alone

Rides
    I opened a dispute with paypal but you have to wait for some time before thay do something

Rides
    he got me 2, i put in the wanted section that i needed a rear caliper sure enough bluestar had one, i payed through pay pal £35 i have tried sending him pm's but it wont let me, he used the paypal address deniz_ekrem@hotmail.com
    he told me to send the money as a gift so i did i now know that this was so i could not dispute it on paypal

Rides
    Paypal are great with e-bay disputes as they are a sister company of e-bay. For non e-bay purchases you will struggle.....as I recently found out when I was fleeced by Gaz moose.

Rides
    just wondering if there is anyway of creating some kind of feedback scoring? or at least a way of checking how many previous sales or buys somone has made.
    I personally check previous posts from the seller to try and get a idea of what they're like. I haven't been fleeced yet, but did wait 6 weeks for a emanage off a guy on driftworks.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout View Post
    asim hussain 63 longhill road catford se6 1tz tel 07756066098
    Asim is definitely Skyludeboy's brother

Unfortunately, as a club there is very little we can do to try and regain the money - Driftworks have decided that despite skyludeboy and affy (who may or may not be bluestar/nicklovin) being active on that board, no-one from there has been scammed so they will not re-open the thread as I had hoped so they can explain themselves.

The feedback idea has been discussed before but its been decided it will be a lot more hassle than its worth to try and keep accurate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Asim is definitely Skyludeboy's brother

Unfortunately, as a club there is very little we can do to try and regain the money - Driftworks have decided that despite skyludeboy and affy (who may or may not be bluestar/nicklovin) being active on that board, no-one from there has been scammed so they will not re-open the thread as I had hoped so they can explain themselves.

The feedback idea has been discussed before but its been decided it will be a lot more hassle than its worth to try and keep accurate
    There are forum add-ins that can do the job with very little hassle.