Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing S15 / work in progress never ender

Rides

Ongoing S15 / work in progress never ender

My old thread seems to have got lost in the ether as I didn't really update it much. It's as good a time as any to get it going again as I've been pretty busy making myself poor by buying bits for the Silvia so I'll condense it all into here.

I bought this car in June 2013, it's a jap spec-s automatic, that had an SR20DET 5-sped manual conversion before it landed on Uk shores. All I know is that it's an S14 lump and box.

My overall plans for the car at the moment are to sort out the rough edges, and make it into a capable fast road car and a nice looker. I doubt it wil see any skid or track action for the time being anyway as it is my daily as well and I can't afford to be smashing it around.

Anyway, this is how it was when I bought it.

Standard engine, cat-back, fmic, vertex body kit, work rims, standard interior.

The first port of call was to change the wheels and ditch the spoiler as I wasn't keen on the works and the spoiler wasn't to my taste. Got a set of 3SDM 0.01 in 18x8.5 and 18x9.5, the boot lid was welded up, smoothed and resprayed.

Had to get the rear arches rolled flat to get them to fit without rubbing.

Next I ordered a set of D-Max rear lights, to make the back end look a bit more up to date.

Couple of interior changes, got a carbon fibre centre console thing, and some EVO 9 Recaro seats, wasn't keen on them and sold them on.

To replace the Recaros, picked up a set of S15 leathers. These only lasted a few months in the car - sweaty in the summer, freezing in the winter, back to cloth then.

While all this was going on, I was starting to do a few small bits in the engine bay as well. A few easy bits to start. Strut brace, catch tank, oil cap, carbon cooling panel and torque damper.

After this came a few power changes, chucked the oem elbow, downpipe and cat, fitted a japspeed elbow, HSD dual downpipe and a flexi decat, mated up to the kakimoto catback.

Bought a Profec B-spec 2 and a set of Nismo 555s and headed off to see Jez at H-Dev. Came back with 306 bhp, 320 ft/lb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEVthWMNz_Q

However long later, I decided I wanted some rims with a bit of dish, so the 3SDM's went up for sale in October, ordered a set of SSR Koenigs from JDM Distro / Japanese Performance, and it sat looking a bit sorry for itself on standard S14 rims and works for a while until they arrived.

I couldn't drive it at this point as the head gasket was seeming a bit leaky, the compression figures were ok but it was losing coolant so I took this as a sign to change it and futureproof it a bit, so fitted a cosworth gasket, head studs, and changed the turbo for another T28R as I wasn't convinced that the turbo I had was good for much longer. Took the opportunity to fir braided coolant / oil lines, and get the H-Dev manifold that I'd bught previously fitted at the same time.

December came, the Koenigs turned up, and I wasn't 100% happy with the condition so I sent them back, and ordered a replacement set in slightly wider sizes. I needed to drive the car so bought a set of Veilside Andrew wheels off a local lad.
    The veilsides were leaking air so I spent the xmas week stripping them, removing old sealant, cleaning them up and resealing and rebuilding them.

Koenigs on the back.

Veilside rebuilding, and fitted.

To replace the S15 leathers I got hold of a pair of Juran super low rails, pretty much the same as Bride, and a pair of Corbeau Sportline RXR recliners.

Since then I've done a few other bits of trivia, removed the battery and am now using a yellowtop battery in the boot, blue rocker cover, carbon ABS heat shield, and a mate had a pair of Origin +20mm front wings in his shed that were fooked, so he fixed them up and painted them at a good price and on they went.

...and today the replacement set of SSR's arrived, straight into the garage to trial fit them. Only going to need to reduce the spacer size on the front by 5mm (25 down to 20mm) and get one of the rear lips straightened then they will be good to go.

Currently waiting on an Origin roof spoiler and Vertex Lang boot lip / spoiler that I've ordered through limitless imports to arrive, hoping it will all be ready in time for Japfest.

Some impending jobs that need doing; square away a bit of rust that's started to come through on the front turret seams and under the wing mounts, same for the right rear arch, start saving for a respray. That's all for now.
    Last edited by parky820; 23-05-2014 at 17:13.

Rides
    Those seats look awesome, how low are they compared to standard?

Rides
    Properly gorgeous seats!

Rides
    They're pretty much the same as standard height on the low rails Ben, if they are any higher I'd say it's only a matter of a few millimetres

Rides
    Looking awesome mate. Love the wheels. Look forward to seeing it at japfest!

Rides
    Cheers buddy, hopefully I'll be able to get everything done that I'm hoping for in time for Japfest, totally skinted myself this month buying bits already so would be a bit crap if it didn't work out in time!

Rides
    Looks so much better on the new wheels, makes me want to get a 15!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Looks so much better on the new wheels, makes me want to get a 15!
    Me too.Really good looking car.

Rides
    Picked up the repaired wheel, got all the tyres swapped around today, and the new rims are on. Still need to put the smaller 20mm spacers on but I'll do that next week.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    That's properly stunning mate
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    very, very nice.

Rides
    Spoilers have arrived from Japland, won't be fitted in time for Japfest but hopefully get them sorted in the next couple of weeks. Never thought I'd be excited about a couple bits of FRP but they are going to make that back end look awesome...

And a couple of nice photos from this weekend.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Its sad ain't it. I've still got all my jdm kit to get sprayed, can't wait for it to be done though
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Liking the look of this, recognise some of the pics of the wheel fitment from jdm distro's Facebook page.

Just picked up a s15 myself a few weeks ago, should probably put a thread up too.

Keep up the good work.

Rides
    Cheers bud! Yeah get a thread up, always keen to see what's going on with other people's 15s

Parcelfarce brought some goodies today, straight to the bodyshop for painting and they will be fitted next week all being well!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Happy days

Wish I could get my stuff painted as quickly.

Rides
    Don't want to teach you to suck eggs but all you have to do is put it in your car and take it to a paint shop bud haha

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha ha true, my normal painter is the rare combination of cheap yet very good though

Rides
    What are you waiting for then!!

Rides
    With those RXR seats,how wide are they? Do they fit in all ok not rubbing anywhere in car etc?