Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: to scoob or not to scoob!

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobystu View Post
    Start Maddog BUY MINE!!!!!!

Scoobs are cool i had my type ra for 4 years
    2 things went wrong
    Water hose split from the rad(£20 fitted )
    And the MAS went (£60 fitted)
    and that was it!!
    i used to get about 300km out of a full tank, sensible driving a little thrash here and there and mostly town jurneys
    on the motorway (sensible driving) i drove to London and back in the current impreza and did it in half a tank(when i say sensible sticking at 70 or below)
    So 120 miles roughly and £20 of fuel
    They run perfectly and are hassle free if you look after them, eg simple service every 3000k or 6 months let them warm up and let them cool down

Handling grippy as a train in the dry(tyres depending)
    Fun in the wet, can be tail happy(but easy-ish to correct)

above all SCOOB any day over a EVO!(and thats not just because im a owner)

and just incase you for got mine

LOL
    Swap you my s14 for it

Rides
    type RA's are very special I can't see your roof flap in the pic? I know the classics come with them, does yours not? Or is it just the pic?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf200sx View Post
    type RA's are very special I can't see your roof flap in the pic? I know the classics come with them, does yours not? Or is it just the pic?
    That isnt the ra!
    This is

Made a perfect wedding car to should of seen the Looks as the wife rolled up to the church in this!!lol

Rides
    Ha ha ha ha!! Class!

Rides
    Ha ha ha ha!! Class!
    certanly is one of the best if not THE BEST car ive owned done me proud that baby!! 340bhp and stuck like superglue!
    still is in good care now seen it 4 months ago still garaged up in sunny CY, gets driven like once a month.

Rides
    i would nt do that .. you would break some of your ally bottom end first

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt View Post
    i would nt do that .. you would break some of your ally bottom end first
    ??? what??

Banned
    Rides
    What is a type RA, an STi, a WRX a sport etc what do these specs mean?

Just want to find out a bit more about them before getting one!

Rides
    think type ra is a jap import, has variable centre diffs, adjustability on front/rear power split etc

Rides
    Deffp recommend a stagea - 4wd, RB25det,- Maddog, I would recommend one of these if you change your mind about a scoobydoo
    Last edited by Brian Griffin; 19-01-2009 at 03:49.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
    think type ra is a jap import, has variable centre diffs, adjustability on front/rear power split etc
    You're right, they're an import but there is a UK equivalent and no, I can't remember the name It also has really short gears and lightweight body panels all leading to a ridiculous 0 - 60 time of sub 5 seconds. They're savage cars (still sound broken though lol).

A wrx is around 240 bhp standard, wrx sti is around 270 ish but some come with the same gearbox as the ra. There's also a type r but I don't know much about them.

The range is pretty complex and people have spent years trying to piece together the exact specs for each model - some cars get closed deck blocks, others get lightweight suspension components. Seems subaru do a few 'special' edition cars made from " bits wot we found in that corner"

Scoobynet is full of info

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Heres our new family wagon - 4wd, RB25det, upgraded turbo and downpipe, coilovers, FMIC, walbro, splitfire coilpacks, apexi air filter, decat, stainless exhaust - hoping to get it mapped soon as just bought an Apexi ecu for it - Maddog, I would recommend one of these if you change your mind about a scoobydoo
    I actually like the look of that.
    I've just bought an accident damaged 14a so it will be getting the treatment of a pukka engine build, silly turbo, fuly stripped and caged.....and still road legal

So it's a scooby and a discovery i'm after now, hopefully swap my s14 for a discovery.
    You're right, they're an import but there is a UK equivalent and no, I can't remember the name It also has really short gears and lightweight body panels all leading to a ridiculous 0 - 60 time of sub 5 seconds. They're savage cars (still sound broken though lol).

A wrx is around 240 bhp standard, wrx sti is around 270 ish but some come with the same gearbox as the ra. There's also a type r but I don't know much about them.

The range is pretty complex and people have spent years trying to piece together the exact specs for each model - some cars get closed deck blocks, others get lightweight suspension components. Seems subaru do a few 'special' edition cars made from " bits wot we found in that corner"

I'll go have a look on Scoobynet, never been on it.

Rides

Pretty much bang on.
    the type R is a 3 door varius different models(555, wrc v limited ect ect)
    ra 5 door
    both jap imports close ratio box light wieght body pannels forged pistons close block. my old ra used to do 0-60 in 4.3 my mates type R did it in 4.6
    most jap sti's are equivelent to P1s
    most have DCCD(diff control splits the power from rear wheels to full 4wd)
    all good cars Jap imports are better normally better quality with more toys

And they never sound broken unless its a dick driving them! lol
    Flat four =

Rides
    only the type R and Ra sti have the DCCD

i went from a 200sx to a impreza miss the arse end out fun but with out roads and weather the scoob is more fun most of the time

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream_ian View Post
    only the type R and Ra sti have the DCCD

i went from a 200sx to a impreza miss the arse end out fun but with out roads and weather the scoob is more fun most of the time
    Well, after much ado, typical of me.....the one pictured a few posts ago is the one i'm getting, i pick the car up on saturday morning, as soon as i finish work. To be honest i'm really looking forward to it, and to the fact i can also have a true project car, which is the 14a i've just bought.

Really looking forward to getting it, driving it....and yep, modifying it!

Rides
    mine is off having a full engine build at the moment and when it gets back its being treated to a simtek with anti lag and launch control

Banned
    Rides
    I'm still left with the 200 for sale though, getting to the to many cars again stage.

I recently re-built a p1 engine and tbh it was ok to work on, which is one of my reasons for it as opposed to an evo.

What are the first sort of up-grades recomended for them?

Rides
    whats it got at the moment?

its pretty much the same as you would a 200sx exhuast the down pipe is so badly designed its up real with just a exhuast and filter you should gain 40hp but worth getting a fuel pump as well as fueling kills these cars get it checked on the RR as well

Banned
    Rides
    as far as i know it's standard apart from an exhaust, and induction kit.

What FMIC's are recomended for them?
    How far can i go before it's engine out and re-build time?

Rides
    depends how much power you want from it what model is it as i havent red it all?

get on scooby net there is loads of info on there. engine shold be good for 360/380 but its the gear boxs that take a bashing