Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: to scoob or not to scoob!

Banned
    Rides

to scoob or not to scoob!

Right it looks like the 200 will be staying as it's not going to sell on time, so it's off the road with it and time for a very serious engine build, still keeping the sr20 in it, but it will be built from the sump up with the very best of aeroplane bits!

Intended power figure will be increased from my original 450bhp to 500bhp, not a digit less!!

However in the meantime i'll need new transport, the vectra just doesn't cut it, so will it be an imprezza or an evo 2-3 or 4?

Going to meet a guy in Carlisle tomorrow to look at a scooby.

Just not sure what to expect from a scoobaru, so any input would be valued!!

Rides
    imprezas are tacky now.. get a legacy turbo wagon or a saloon if you can find one! remember mcrae rippin it up it the rothmans legacy.. damn he used to fly back then ..

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt View Post
    remember mcrae rippin it up it the rothmans legacy.. damn he used to fly back then ..
    Bit of a close ouch choice of phrase

They do suffer from ****adidi owners and are as common as arseholoes, but are they good drives?

Rides
    expect a horrible noise coming from the exhaust them boxer lumps used to sound cool when they wernt common but now its just annoying, and being inside is even worse.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    Bit of a close ouch choice of phrase

They do suffer from ****adidi owners and are as common as arseholoes, but are they good drives?

would never joke about stuff like that !! + he was the man !! i will never forget watching the highs and lows of his career when i was younger.. i remember him in a privateer cossie

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    expect a horrible noise coming from the exhaust them boxer lumps used to sound cool when they wernt common but now its just annoying, and being inside is even worse.
    the only thing i enjoy about being in my mates car is that it is less extreme than mine and you dont have to watch the road directly in front of you for leaves or small potholes.. dont like the noise tho .. i got him a blitz bov tho so it sounds a bit better .. he gets annoyed when i laugh at the little dumps

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt View Post
    the only thing i enjoy about being in my mates car is that it is less extreme than mine and you dont have to watch the road directly in front of you for leaves or small potholes.. dont like the noise tho .. i got him a blitz bov tho so it sounds a bit better .. he gets annoyed when i laugh at the little dumps

Rides
    Used to have a scooby bout 3 years back, was very quick off the mark, but not so at higher speeds. High rise boot spoiler got on my nreves, kept thinking someone was right up my arse when i i cought it out th corner of my eye i the RVM.

Rides
    I'd look at Evo's. Evo II's are cheap as chips these days, insurance will probably be more as they are all imports though. You'll probably end up modifying it and neglecting the 200sx though.

Why not just buy a cheap piece of crap thats good on fuel that you can rag the arse off? 306 DTurbo springs to mind

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    Used to have a scooby bout 3 years back, was very quick off the mark, but not so at higher speeds. High rise boot spoiler got on my nreves, kept thinking someone was right up my arse when i i cought it out th corner of my eye i the RVM.
    How did it handle?

I've a multitude of narrow twisty short dash type roads round me, and want something grippy as opposed to the 200 which can be a handfull when pushed on these twisty's.

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'd look at Evo's. Evo II's are cheap as chips these days, insurance will probably be more as they are all imports though. You'll probably end up modifying it and neglecting the 200sx though.

Why not just buy a cheap piece of crap thats good on fuel that you can rag the arse off? 306 DTurbo springs to mind
    I'd rather cut my balls off with a blunt piece of broken glass than own a French car!

Cheap and fuel isn't an issue, fun is!

200 is going to have one hell of a spec in a few months once it's finished

but need to replace the vectra as it's as exciting as teletubbies, plus a 4 door car is required to taxi the young un's!

Rides
    Trying to kill a french car sounds like fun to me

Rides
    Steaga ??

Sounds just the ticket up there similar roads to round here

RB 25 4x4 4 door plus a rear that could house a ship

Banned
    Rides
    Here's what i'm looking at, it's mainly for her, but obviously i'll pilot when we are going somewhere with the kids, instead of cramming into the 200!

Rides
    Twisty roads and runabout.

306 Rallye springs to mind. After going for a drive in one, tell me you dont want a french car

If you want a decent drive stick to the 200sx principles of light, simple, and interesting when abused.

Rides
    I drove an evo 9 on a track day and i wasnt that impressed.

After all the hype over evo's and scoobys it turned out to be quite a let down.

If you want fun a 4 doors get an accord type r vvvvvv

Rides
    Early scoobies had much more grip than handling, ie when they ran out of grip they tended not to discuss the situation with you and dumped you upside down in a field...I think the modern ones are better though.
    Big difference from the sx that has wank grip but better handling and is more progressive on the limit at least to me.

Remember grip,traction and handling are all very very different things....

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Twisty roads and runabout.

306 Rallye springs to mind. After going for a drive in one, tell me you dont want a french car

If you want a decent drive stick to the 200sx principles of light, simple, and interesting when abused.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... ................it's French!

Onion's and Eating Horse, that's all they've contributed to the world.

Rides
    Three of my mates have scoobies as does my brother. In terms of maintenance they're similar to an s14 i.e something breaks or needs replacing every 2 - 3 months lol

Personally I don't really like driving them. Can't get used to the weird understeery drive when driving at a normal pace, just doesn't fill me with the confidence to push harder, even though I know they're very capable cars and have witnessed them cornering at much higher speeds. I will say this though, in the right hands they will happily out perform a 200 around tight twisties - they simply corner much quicker than we can.

Couple of things for you to look out for are radiators and the expansion tanks. All 4 cars that I know have had to have these replaced and all are around 1995/6 age so if the car you're going to see hasn't already had these, it will almost certainly be needing them soon

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Early scoobies had much more grip than handling, ie when they ran out of grip they tended not to discuss the situation with you and dumped you upside down in a field...I think the modern ones are better though.
    Big difference from the sx that has wank grip but better handling and is more progressive on the limit at least to me.

Remember grip,traction and handling are all very very different things....
    True, so the up-shot a 96, scoob = ok family car, or complete fail?

It's tubby so will produce

It's 4wd so should be like shit on a shoe?

and there is always room for mods