Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another 1% of BoE base rate

Rides
    I've just come off a fixed rate and even before todays announcement my mortgage had reduced by £35 a month

The last interest free payment for my sofas goes out this month, my mortgage has reduced, and I start a new job for more money next month. As of January I'm going to be about £250 a month better off - credit crunch? what credit crunch

Rides
    good to see all the usual ill informed opinions trotted out quite quickly.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    Wouldn't your post be more useful if it contained the better informed opinions, if you are so much in the know?

Rides
    after my post last week about my mortgage mine should go downanother £100 or so quid if Alliance and Leicester honour it which they have always done. It went down to £342 with last reduction it should be another £100 or so off which is crazy. I was paying £670 last year!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Wouldn't your post be more useful if it contained the better informed opinions, if you are so much in the know?
    oh i'm firmly in the "why bother" camp on here now. quite obviously a little information is a dangerous thing to some people as they suddenly become profts of doom to make themselves feel better about there own problems and lack of stimulus to do anything productive

Rides
    But they are being productive doom prophets

Rides
    fantastic news for me if the banks reflect the cut in thier mortgage deals as i need to switch feb 1st - but after the last cut when i checked the fixed rates deals had gone up in rates

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesS14200 View Post
    ****ing ****s
    Quote Originally Posted by Alany View Post
    Accept when its used to offset your mortgage.
    Whats the problem

Mines offset too, remember its tax free so you are effectively getting a higher interest rate. If its not offset in the true sense, shop around, I just opened a savings account that reaps 4.15% interest! Then there are Cash ISA's and the like.

For savers there is loads of choice, you just need to move your money every year to get a good deal, just like you do with everything else!

Rides
    Mucho happy for me, I was getting sick of paying my mortgage from my weak ass dollar! Now I can actually make 40 quid a month on renting the place out.

Rides
    Your weakass Dollar? Have you seen the pound recently

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Your weakass Dollar? Have you seen the pound recently
    Well yes, good point sir. But still, i'm happy that my slighltly less weak ass dollar is now less spent on my fricking mortgage than it was a month ago. However due to the rich people now taking less risks and keeping their money under their mattress, my stock portfolio is now diving so fast it will be with the Titanic.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by yeager View Post
    Well yes, good point sir. But still, i'm happy that my slighltly less weak ass dollar is now less spent on my fricking mortgage than it was a month ago. However due to the rich people now taking less risks and keeping their money under their mattress, my stock portfolio is now diving so fast it will be with the Titanic.
    Speak English boy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Speak English boy
    My god, i've only been in the US 2 years and you poor boys have totally lost the preverbial plot. What I mean is that becaused all the toffy nosed gits who own 99% of the worlds resources are no longer playing the money games, my damn investments have suffered. But hey, who cares? I'm getting married tomorrow and i've got a 7 month old son who is GOING to be a race driver... daddy is going to make sure of it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    What's upsetting you? That people are suggesting the housing market will continue to fall for a while?