Thread: hydraulic handbrake

Rides

hydraulic handbrake

looking to do this on s13 anyone done this before have the handbrake got. looking to know the best way to plumb it in
    Last edited by torqueni; 12-11-2008 at 21:24.

Rides
    just remove the brake pipe from the t-piece at the rear that runs to either abs or bmc depending on your setup then run a new pipe from t piece to the front connection on your hydro and then from the rear connection of the hydro to your abs/bmc.

Rides
    sorry mate find the question quite difficult to read, not sure if its fitting or placement ur asking about?

anyway the way iv'e done it is basically remove the rear brake pipe connection from the block mounted at the rear of the engine bay , drivers side, bolted to the chassis leg.
    plug in your input hose for the hydro here, run it through the bulkhead, or along the transmission tunnel and pop it up where u have the hydro.
    i put it in the standard handbrake posituion, and moved the standard handbrake to the pass side of the tunnel so they are now side by side.

Then take the output hose from the hydro and take it to the back of the rear footwell, or back along the transmission tunnel, and undo the rear tee piece input connection for the back brakes (its just infront of the start of the rear subframe) and plug in your exit hose.

then just bleed the rear brakes and your done

hopefully thats answered your question
    Member no. 31 Project Purplyness
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    how well does the hydro work if being used in sync with the brake pedal i.e if like how i do it where im using the hand brake which normally would have been the cable but went hydro an left foot brake into the corner what would the braking feeling be like? any different than using the standard setup?

Rides
    foot brake tends to force hydro back down.
    think thats maybe just a ksport thing though.
    Kierans car btw not mine yet, maybe best to ask him on stuff like that David.
    Member no. 31 Project Purplyness
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Dont know from experience but i've heard a lot of people say it makes the pedal go very hard. I like to brake when handbraking as well so im hoping there's a way round it but if its just pedal feel i dont see why the brakes wouldn't still work as normal, just feel a bit funny.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    foot brake tends to force hydro back down.
    think thats maybe just a ksport thing though.
    Kierans car btw not mine yet, maybe best to ask him on stuff like that David.
    not heard that one yet, i bet that would be a pain in the arse.

Rides
    i guess if whatever it does is consistant i could be something that you can get the hang of but if it feels like an elastic band im going to rip it out! the only reason i'm having one is just a back-up to the cable only if that snaps will i go onto the hydro.

Rides
    infact now i think about it I was using the hydro on ryans car at the crail day and I dont remeber it affecting the pedal feel any. Any thoughts as to where your going to mount it roacher if your keeping both very useable?

Rides
    still being fully decided but stock one where it is as have a vertical hydro an didnt want that in the way of the gear changes so the hydro will be on the tunnel at maybe 11 o'clock angle pulling towards obviously