Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Got my 1st 200sx s14

Banned
    Rides
    exatly this aint barryboys.com and you must have a sad life to come and find me on here just to start arguing becaus eyou got nothing better to do
    have you got a wife/life?

Rides
    Who wants popcorn?

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dene220 View Post
    Whats peoples problem with young drivers. Saying because he's young he's gonna end up crashing it due to bad weather is a bit of a bold generalisation up to him what he wants to do! and its about time young people started being able to purchase cars they want rather than what a insurance company allows them. At the end of the day this is a car enthusiast forum about cars, age and what people choose to do with there cars and insurance is there business!
    thank you atleast someone understands
    just because im 18 its as if i cant enjoy my cars without some nob criticising me for the cars i own sorry but everyone has different tastes not everyone is the same

Rides
    I agreed with you right up to the point that you wrote this;
    what people choose to do with there cars and insurance is there business!
    Max is committing insurance fraud. That impacts upon all of us, either through higher premiums (that's bad, mmkay) or worse as a victim of one.
    According to askmid the car is insured, but as Max is the main driver he should be named on the policy as such. By his own admission, he is using the third party extension from his Rover policy to cover him on a car he owns, this is not legal. As an aside, many insurers don't offer third party extensions to young drivers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M4XDU View Post
    That car looks like some kind of automotive abortion

Banned
    Rides
    infact i am insured so ha
    my mum is the registered keeper and insurance holder and because im with quinne and i have read my policy and im third party driving my 200 so can carry on with the uninsured thing but i am
    Last edited by M4XDU; 10-11-2008 at 23:32.

Rides
    well, i dont no wether he's insured or not, and i dont care. but i do agree uninsured drivers are annoying, and there rising our premiems.

Banned
    Rides
    i only wanted to say i got a 200 as every1 else has dint expect a massive debate

Rides
    what people choose to do with there cars and insurance is there business!
    so never been knocked by an uninsured driver then

dont think the guys are being age-ist at all,its just the way his coming across

Banned
    Rides
    i didnt even kick off till barryboys started

Banned
    Rides
    thread done with im bored of arguing

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    1) Please dont use text speak or i will have to kill you
    2) Please dont mod the 200 in the same way as the Rover or again I will have to kill you
    3) Please get it insured properly or dont drive it until you can. I don hope you are not insured with Flux or Sky as they have a very active presence on here and will probably kill you

I'm liking the new, relaxed, chilled out Mark

Max, if you are legally isured, properly, then good, enjoy your car. Things "kicked off" as soon as you posted up that you may not be properly insured

BlazeBro - Barryboys and SXOC are two completely different clubs with different agendas. Please keep the two separate

Rides
    Dude, you're the one that said "yeah it's kind of like insurance fraud lol"

If someone reads this on a higher level you will get raped!!!

The reason 18 year olds should not have 200's has been made clear many times......

Performance car needs experience which after 12 months of driving you don't have.....

Old jap cars require a load of care and attention and a whole heap of cash to make them legal before so.....

If you have the money to insure it(though whats the point having a £1500 car and paying more insurance a year than the cars worth in its lifetime!!) then do what you want but GET IT DONE!!!

If you are going to garage the car over winter then its probably a good idea but I think you will have a shock when not only you tell you're insurance company you have a 200, but that its heavily modified as well!! Quite a few companies won't touch people under 21-25.

Don't have a go at us for your approach to jap car ownership and your admittance to illegal motoring!

Rides
    i only wanted to say i got a 200 as every1 else has dint expect a massive debate
    Right just to make this absolutely clear with out a shadow of a doubt

(1) Do not continue to use text speak, Mark has given you a friendly request to stop using text speak, it's annoying for the folk who don't use it and it's even worse for the foreign board users trying to work out what your saying.

(2) If it can be proven that you have put a car in another persons name to use it as you have ie cheap way of getting cover, the insurance company can and will pull your cover, they are aware that this is becoming and increasing problem with young drivers.

(3) Please do not insult other board users.

Rides
    as you can see from my post count i dont post very often the reason being i dont know nearly as much as 99% of the people on here. what i do know about is manners and yours suck. i would not dream of coming on here and talking to people the way you have.

however i would like to say people are not on you case just because your young, its because your young and have massive chip on your shoulder. your young with an attitude which i think is worse than young with no experience.

if you cant take it, dont post. everyone can have an opinion, its how you deal with it that shows maturity.
    your not taking anything that has been said on, your just getting defensive and behaving like a proper child. this is why people seem to be having a go at you.

not going to comment on the insurance thing other than saying i waited until i was 26 before i could afford to run and insure a 200. its a massive leap from something like a mg. it is going catch you out i can assure you.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by vam View Post
    as you can see from my post count i dont post very often
    You should do

Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Have you got a picture of your 200?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by karl elwell View Post
    kenny don't look happy.
    can you blame him?

as for the hole young driver thing i dont think this is a problem, i had an s13 at 18 and now have a stage 3a s14a at 22. just take it easy dont show off in it or it WILL end in tears just get to grips with it. spend the money on some decent tyres and shocks dont make it faster as its going to take alot more then a week to get used to it as im sure many of the veteran owners on here will tell you!

and FFS insure it properly if not for the reasons already stressed by others think about if you crash and cause your passenger to be paralized they may well not get a penny from your "insurer"

im done!

Rides
    infact i am insured so ha
    my mum is the registered keeper and insurance holder and because im with quinne and i have read my policy and im third party driving my 200 so can carry on with the uninsured thing but i am
    Is that not fronting? Or did I forget something...

Rides
    what an interestig thread

the mg- well..made me feel sick

Im 20, and would die for a 200. However insurance laughed at me which is why i went the sensible route- and bought an mr2 n/a- my first RWD car.

No where near as powerful as the s14a i lust over (my parnters) however ina year or so- when ive got a good year/2 of rwd experience- i will make the step up and purchase one.

I see first hand how twitchy these cars are in the wet/winter conditions- and i only hope for your benefit you dont crash-involving anyone else!

Maybe look into your insurance abit and grow some b4lls rather than jumping the gun and trying to be the big man.

Theres alot of people on here with great driving experience and knowledge who could help you- i think you have insulted alot. I know if i got hit by someone like you- you wouldnt have any knee caps left to be able to drive again ( that was not a personal threat by the way) Because its people who arnt insured and crash there car injuring others- that prolong good people like me a route to being able to drive their dream car.