Thread: Stage 3a power problem

Rides

Stage 3a power problem

Hi, i have just fitted the stage 3a 2 weeks ago,have test the car and have noticied a loose of power between 5k rpm and up. The car push hard but when it comes to 5k it dont rev up as quick as it have to do

I had boost crew problems and i solve them restricting a little bit my 3" exhaust, can it be that?

Maybe fuel pump? or maybe the fuel pressure regulator? give me ideas please, i was going to start to buy new pump, new regulator until i know the problem but i prefer asking before.

kind regards

Rides
    Perhaps a slight boost leak resulting in overfueling on higher rpm. I'd get the AFR checked

Rides
    I presume you have an uprated fuel pump in there already (if not you're a raving loony) and that'll be fine for stage 3a. Which injectors did you go for? Even 555s should have plenty of injector duty cycle left without needing to raise the fuel pressure.

Note that if you do raise the fuel pressure, you'll need to have it custom mapped. What are you using to control fuelling?

If I read your post correctly you fitted some kind of exhaust restrictor to stop boost creep - do you have the 2871 with 0.64 AR housing by any chance? What is the restrictor?

What boost are you running and what spark plugs are you using? If the gaps in the plugs are too big you can get weak sparks at high revs so try closing them up to 0.7mm.

Rides
    Ok, then i have to check boost leaks

BBB, i have a 255lph fuel pump, but its not a walbro, its a cheap one so maybe i have to change it for a walbro, the injectors are nismo 555 as the stage 3a says

I fitted an apexi ecv exhaust sound controller, its rated at the minimal restriction, and yes i have that turbo, gt2871r 64ar 52 trim

I have raise the fuel pressure because i had lean problems, but later i found that if i close the pipe to the head cover it dissapear, so it was a leak after the afm (xtrange anyways...) i havent uninstall it because here is really hot and its good to have it little overfueling, but i need to check if its that what is causing the power loose, anyways its a ebay cheap fuel pressure regulator, so maybe its normal that i loose power

Im using ngk 8, didnt check if they are 0,7mm, will do as soon as possible

Im only boosting 1,25 because i havent regulate the knock sensor, it dont seem to work well where i have lokate it.

Another thing is that the methanol-water injection makes me loose power too when i conect it, probably because the injector is too big?

thanks for the help, im trying really hard to get the car run fine but it seems to be impossible...

Rides
    Che canario!! que pasa con esa máquina. In English :

My car experienced weird hesitation on boost, only on boost, from 0,7 bar and up. I tested coilovers, ign.chip, boost leaks, etc, etc.

Then I realised I had purchased wrong spark plugs!!! I was running NGK9EIX but there were 2 kind of these plugs. One had gap set at 1,1mm and the other one's gap was set at 0.9mm. Our Nissan needs 0.9mm ones, so be sure your have purchases NGK8EIX-9 not -11.

Before this issue my car also got another hesitation problem on boost. It turned out to be a cracked spark plug, but it has got a crack in the outter isolation part (la porcelana exterior). It was hard to be discovered by bare eye.

Also I would purchase wideband A/F gauge and EGR gauge. You can get cheaps one like AEM gauge for A/F and electronic EGR gauge sold in Ebay+K type probe.
    You'll be able to detect whether your car is running rich on high revs due a boost leak.
    My car runs rich on mid open throttle but ir runs fine 11.8 on full throttle

Good luck tito.

Rides
    K pasa tio!!

BBB says that is 0,7mm, and you say 0,9mm, what is the correct? they are ngk 8 not 9, i think its enough, or not?

dont know what size are the plugs, will check tomorrow.

I have an AEM gauge, its running under 12 but have to check well, havent run well and check it, too much noise for the street with this exhaust,haha

thanks for the help!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by canary-s14a View Post
    BBB says that is 0,7mm