Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    flamer kits are ahhhhhhhhhhhh crap, i was gonna get one of dem
    But you are a homogayer so it would blend in

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    But you are a homogayer so it would blend in
    yeah i wanted one with pink flames, and then it would distract from the lack of chin

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    yeah i wanted one with pink flames, and then it would distract from the lack of chin
    Afterburner and streamlining!

You need a CORSA! c/w lexus light's, no wait those infuriating protruding pod type abortions of light units, and...a set of shiny wheeltrim's blingy plastic phone holder an £80 bob saver special amp and sub...then the seat-cover's

In fact no, if it ever get's to that stage shoot yourself

Rides
    MarcRNN this is not aimed at you, its at the countless posts on every forum about styling of a car, every person has a different opnion of how a car should look, some share the same opnion. Everyone is an individual (waiting for Life of brian "im not")

i can understand that some people want insperation on which way to take a design, there is countless threads on which wing, do i buy Advans etc and its all personal preference, if you like under car neons then fit them, most people will mock "chav mods" but if the work has been done to a high standard then that cant be faulted and most will say (on here) it looks chav (to them) but the workmanship is high, and you can take sollice that your work has been respect,

personally i dont see the point of mods that dont add to the performance of the car in some way, Nissan designed the SX for a reason, its a comprimise between looks, performance and practicality, for the Mass market for the late 80's early 90's, and there are many ways it can be improved on. but my idea of improvements could be another persons ideas of "destroying" the car.

what needs to be asked is do you want ot be associated with a certain image, i hate the tag of "boy racer" because i want a modified car, just because i want to drive a 200SX thats been modified to my tastes doesnt mean that im going ot run over your dog and drive at 200mph all the time, and i dont, i want ot make improvements on nissans designs. but i can understand whay im being called it, as there is and element of tw@'s who modify there cars and drive like TW@'s who give eveyone with a modified car a bad name. i know its not true but you try and tell the "uneducated" masses.

i think that any modification that is illegal for every day road use is stupid, unless the car is a 100% track car never to set rubber on the queens highways. IMO whats the point, if you get caught by the police you get fined/points with the hike in insurance the points will give + the fine will probably cos more than the mod, IMO silly

i get called a chav etc as i am going ot fit my loud setreo in my car, its rated at 142db at a show i went ot years ago, but its not the volume im after, its the quality, and when you buy quality stuff the volume comes with it, but they and explain that ot people, they just assume i drive with it at 110% volume listening to D&B all the time driving at 100MPH, but i dont

if you can live with the image and want to do it then do it. people have their own opnions and dont slate them for it, you asked for an opnion and got one you wasnt after, man up and accept that its not to everyones tastes

Rides
    macrrn-put up a pic of your car so then at least people can basis their judgements on YOUR actual car

Maddog-which is the epic fail pieman thread??? Im at work and could do with a laugh linky please.

Rides
    Dont worry Ive just seen it in the projects section and I think under car neons would compliment the halfords bumpers/skirts and lexus rear lights I also wouldnt advise putting pics of your car on driftworks as they wont like it...and will take the piss out of you.I know you gonna call me a prick mate but I really dont think you car looks at all "drift" it looks awful but that,alas, is my opinion and Im genuinely sorry if Ive upset you as that wasnt my intention,each to their own and all that,I know its not what anyone wants to hear and please feel free to say negatives about my car if you want however being different is what makes us who we are, and if thats how you want your car to look and it makes you happy then you have acheived what you set out to do

Rides
    The cars not even done yet!

The kits not really to my taste but once its all done and sprayed should look pretty good imo

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    The cars not even done yet!

The kits not really to my taste but once its all done and sprayed should look pretty good imo
    It doesnt have to be painted to see how it looks

Trader: Plus Four Engineering Plus4E's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcRRN View Post
    i didnt relise that some of the people on here could be as bitchy and pricks like some of the folk over at the driftworks forum
    I don't think anyone's being bitchy. You asked for an opinion about something on a forum of car owners to whom under car lighting doesn't appeal. For me, as I've said, I simply don't get what it's for or what it does. But that's just me. You asked an opinion, and you've got one. It largely doesn't line up with your expectations, but then why ask in the first place if you're going to get upset if you don't like the response.

I don't really get drifting either. It's highly skillful, but then so is synchronised swimming, and I don't get that either. Being able to control the rear of a RWD car is useful, as is swimming, but to me there's more about car control than balancing the backend. You did say that you wanted your car to look like a drift car, but the response from drifters would, I guess, be the same regarding your lights.

If I suggested doing a saxo FWD conversion on an S14, I'd probably get shot down in flames, but if that's what I wanted to do, I'd do it. If you want to put neons under your car, then go for it. You asked for advice, and you got your response. What you do with that response is entirely up to you, and more power to you for either sticking to your guns or heeding advice.

At the end of the day, what your doing is far more interesting that train spotting or stamp collecting.
    Where ever you go, never take an idiot with you. You can be sure you'll find one when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    The lower front bar was also showing the typical signs of any metal attached to an s13

Trader: Plus Four Engineering Plus4E's Avatar
    Rides
    Oh, and I've looked at your project thread - looking good
    Where ever you go, never take an idiot with you. You can be sure you'll find one when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    The lower front bar was also showing the typical signs of any metal attached to an s13

Rides
    cheers jesus, kingj those lexus lights are not going to see the car. and i know its not the common big square body kit that everyone goes for, dont get me wrong they do look good but they are like scoobies bloody everywhere and look the god dam same, where as i have never seen this kit before and thats why i got it.
    Last edited by MarcRRN; 31-10-2008 at 09:13.

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj View Post

Maddog-which is the epic fail pieman thread??? Im at work and could do with a laugh linky please.
    Cant find the fcuker now, i found it by accident while searching for projector lights s14

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    Cant find the fcuker now, i found it by accident while searching for projector lights s14
    Ha ha,thats random

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcRRN View Post
    cheers jesus, kingj those lexus lights are not going to see the car. and i know its not the common big square body kit that everyone goes for, dont get me wrong they do look good but they are like scoobies bloody everywhere and look the god dam same, where as i have never seen this kit before and thats why i got it.
    Although I personally dont like it,I do understand where you are coming from with the being different thing I dont want rota's cos they are just soooo common and a cheap copy to me(hence ive gone for something a bit classier and rarer imo),but at the same time really like the uras type 4 kit/version select type 3/origin aggresive/hippo sleek which are all pretty much the same so Im gonna mix and match some kits and have custom metal rear arches etc to make my car stand out and personalise it to me.As long as I like it then Im happy,and Im glad you feel the same.And well done for ditching the lexus lights they are the spawn of satan

Rides
    Anyone dressing there car up with neons and fukin flamers kits has a severe loss of taste and maturity..

If that make me a prick then hell yeah.....

Rides
    without jumping on the band wagon with shooting you down i wouldnt do it and it will look awfull good workmanship or not! if you want to look different do something thats not been done b4 not something thats 10 years old from 'fast and furious' but thats just 2p worth

edit: also pmsl at the tags!
    Last edited by -Marc-; 31-10-2008 at 23:09.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    MarcRNN this is not aimed at you, its at the countless posts on every forum about styling of a car, every person has a different opnion of how a car should look, some share the same opnion. Everyone is an individual (waiting for Life of brian "im not")

i can understand that some people want insperation on which way to take a design, there is countless threads on which wing, do i buy Advans etc and its all personal preference, if you like under car neons then fit them, most people will mock "chav mods" but if the work has been done to a high standard then that cant be faulted and most will say (on here) it looks chav (to them) but the workmanship is high, and you can take sollice that your work has been respect,

personally i dont see the point of mods that dont add to the performance of the car in some way, Nissan designed the SX for a reason, its a comprimise between looks, performance and practicality, for the Mass market for the late 80's early 90's, and there are many ways it can be improved on. but my idea of improvements could be another persons ideas of "destroying" the car.

what needs to be asked is do you want ot be associated with a certain image, i hate the tag of "boy racer" because i want a modified car, just because i want to drive a 200SX thats been modified to my tastes doesnt mean that im going ot run over your dog and drive at 200mph all the time, and i dont, i want ot make improvements on nissans designs. but i can understand whay im being called it, as there is and element of tw@'s who modify there cars and drive like TW@'s who give eveyone with a modified car a bad name. i know its not true but you try and tell the "uneducated" masses.

i think that any modification that is illegal for every day road use is stupid, unless the car is a 100% track car never to set rubber on the queens highways. IMO whats the point, if you get caught by the police you get fined/points with the hike in insurance the points will give + the fine will probably cos more than the mod, IMO silly

i get called a chav etc as i am going ot fit my loud setreo in my car, its rated at 142db at a show i went ot years ago, but its not the volume im after, its the quality, and when you buy quality stuff the volume comes with it, but they and explain that ot people, they just assume i drive with it at 110% volume listening to D&B all the time driving at 100MPH, but i dont

if you can live with the image and want to do it then do it. people have their own opnions and dont slate them for it, you asked for an opnion and got one you wasnt after, man up and accept that its not to everyones tastes

I'm not!