Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scummy bastards...

Rides

Scummy bastards...

I don't know if I ever posted this story, but its one of the reasons I don't like bringing my 200 to Portsmouth.

Anyway, I was driving around looking for tescos with my GF, and suddenly a white van drives up my arse, literally pushing me. I thought, wtf, and sped off. Anyway, he decides to follow me.

So I dip into a residential estate to try and shake him. He chases me around the residential area, sticking to my arse. I dont indicate, I corner at speed, I pull some pretty unorthodox manoeuvres, but I just can't shake him.

I'm getting a bit scared at this point. It was clear he wanted to block me in somewhere. I'm trying to find a space I can dip in to where he can't block me in, but nothing good is around. Anyway, I quickly pull over and slam on the brakes. He accidentally drives on, slams on his brakes, and starts turning around. I manage to turn around quicker and shoot off. He didn't find me again!

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is, someone on Skyline Owners had a very similar experience in Portsmouth involving a white van. Heres the quote:

Quote Originally Posted by r34_ben
    [Attempted Car Jack in Porstsmouth]
    As it says i thought i should let you know two guys, one in a white van and the other in a vauxhall silver astra tried to jump me today down Eastern Road

As i came off the M27 to Portsmouth this white van was already in front of me....followed him down the dual carriageway of Eastern Road and drove past him (slowly minding my own business) when about half way down the road he pulled up along the inside of me and started giving "gestures" at me calling me all sorts....totally took me by surprise....then started trying to cut me up and when the dual carriage way went from two lanes to one he was behind my car and flashed/indicated to "pull over"......the guy in the van was a nerdy looking bloke and thought f**k it i can have him!

So i pull over holding the traffic up and the van drives past me stops ahead of me - i get out - he drives on for a bit so i thought i just called his bluff and he was all talk....

As i get back in the car he pulls over again and just as im driving upto him this silver vauxhaul astra pulls in behind him and this large guy gets out and then the nerdy bloke....so i was like f**k that im off.....

They then follow me all the way to the industrial estate where MacDonalds, KFC, Fratton footbal grounds etc...i didn't initially see them follow me but as parked up in the big empty B&Q car park facing the exit...i was waiting to see if they had but couldn't see them anywhere....as i left there they were waiting for me...so i decided to drive like a prick and booted it out of Portsmouth and managed to lose them...

Strange thing is that i didn't even do anything to agitate the guy in the van at all....and where the f**k did this guy in the astra come from????

Seems like it was planned to a certain extent which is why the nerdy guy wouldn't get out the van...waiting for his partner in crime and from the way the guy in the white van was driving the van seemed empty - which leaves me to think they either prey on people with nice cars and beat the living shit out the driver in the back of the van......or attempt to nick my car....either way i was driving by the law minding my own business - if i was driving like a looney - i can kind of understand that but doesn't explain where this astra came from.......

Keeping my guard up now - would hate to think this could have happened with my kids/wife in the car......stupidly i didn't get their plates...
    Wonder if it was the same guys? It was in exactly the same area of Portsmouth, just off the M27.

We all love our cars, but they can get a hell of a lot of the wrong kind of attention. Anyone experienced similar?

Rides
    Car Hijacking isn't something uncommon with 200sx's, skylines and the like.
    Thats why I carry an oversized halfords power bar in my car. Had to launch it at someone once who threw a stone at my 200, chased him for ages and threw it at him as he hopped a wall. Little sh*ts!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian200sx View Post
    Thats why I carry an oversized halfords power bar in my car.
    Why ???

are you planning on throwing the bar, in the hope that they are distracted by free food ??? .... or do you beleive that these bars actually make you stronger ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian200sx View Post
    Car Hijacking isn't something uncommon with 200sx's, skylines and the like.
    Thats why I carry an oversized halfords power bar in my car. Had to launch it at someone once who threw a stone at my 200, chased him for ages and threw it at him as he hopped a wall. Little sh*ts!
    I also carry one of these bars never seen any use yet, hopefully will never have to

Rides
    Glad to hear that you and your car is safe...there are some dodgy dodgy people out there...have you reported it to the police? Least if you do they will have something on record...and did you notice the plate?

Rides
    Ha Ha, Johnny, that one made me smile.

Scary thought all that hijacking though, heard of a story on the Scooby forum of some guy being followed like that in Birmingham, except he got cornered and the guys came over and said words to the effect of "Give us the car or we'll beat you up"

He gave up the car, but it was never seen again, even though he reported it almost as soon as the guys had gone.
    Looks like he, and quite likely the Portsmouth lot are 'jacking the cars, then rushing them to iso containers at the docks, then selling them overseas, its big business.

Rides
    what knobs!!! got a steel torch that sits lovely next to the boot/petrol opener,let them follow me,i'll definatley show them the light

Rides
    Drive to the nearest police station, right in to their car park and lean on the horn

scary stuff, glad it was OK in the end

Don't drive in to some housing estate you don't know

Rides
    Haha yea, that was probably a bad idea. The problem is, Portsmouth is like one big housing estate. Not many proper roads. I didnt really realise he was trying to block me until I was halfway through the estate. I was just pulling in to get him off my back. If it was Milton Keynes it wouldn't of been a problem

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Scary stuff. I too have a large, heavy breaker bar down the side of my drivers seat, just in case.

In case my wheelnuts are jammed on tight. Honest!

Suprised a van could keep up with you though.

Rides
    Yea, there was nowhere to safely make any speed

Rides
    apparently if you carry extreme concenrate of bleach and water in a spray bottle in your door pocket you can spray them in the eyes and get away with it ( thanks to the kentish town police for the advice)...lol

theiving peasants!! deserve to have the hands cut off and there ears violated by Dirk Diggler..haha

but on a serious note it's appauling what the world is coming too. I can personly can see this crime rate going up by great quantity, with the current economic crisis

Rides
    Fit a spark plug in the fuel tank connected to a mobile. Switch it on if they take your car.. Then instead of ringing the police ring the mobile and BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Seriously tho a can of lynx and a maglite in your car at all times works wonders. I dont care how big they are one spray in the eyes and a crack across the jaw will take any scumbag down and out...
    Last edited by ZXSpectrum; 20-10-2008 at 15:36.

Rides
    hahaha

Rides
    Small dry powder fire extinguisher next to my seat in the car If I can't hit the fecker I can always sufficate them

I've had a bloke walk in the road to try and stop me while his mates wait by the side of the road. He moved when I dropped a gear and put my foot down Another friend stopped in town and some twat walked up and opened the door only to get clobbered, he claimed he was only going to ask the time. Why open the door then

All this in sleepy Suffolk

Rides
    Not good guys, i dont like hearing this kind of stuff. Glad your ok Quail.

Rides
    Jesus these stories have woken me up

Glad to hear all is well though Quail, cant believe all the gear you guys carry though - Think I need a choice weapon now. I might just go for some James Bond stylee smoke/oil/gas/gun/flame cannons

Rides
    Extendible wheel brace ftw

Rides
    Dam, thats is pretty scary Alex!

Too bad you weren't close to any DC ot Motorways

Rides
    i had similar happen a while ago, in my calibra though