Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rallye's S14a

Rides

Rallye's S14a

Hi guys and girls thought id start a project thread as i have a few ideas for the car, Ive been after a 200sx for a while now and finaly managed to pick up this near standard example off here a couple of months back........ im chuffed with the car!!! Puts a massive smile on my face every time im in it

As for modifications when i got it it had an Apex type 2 front mount and a HKS SS cat back

Any way couple of pic's....

I decided to get a Jap plate for the front as i think it looks alot cleaner...

Since then ive fitted a Stack Boost gauge to keep an eye on that side of things and a HKS SSQV (was unsure about this with some rumors ive heard but its sounds great not an in you face DV but gives a satisfying flutter on lift off)

As for plans, the car is an imaculate low mileage example and i plan on trying to keep it that way with subtle modifications, ive purchased a kouki spoiler for it and im after a full kouki bobdy kit, though i may look at an origin/origin replica style kit but nothing over the top. First up will be a set of coilovers and to underseal the car completely (any advice is much appretiated!!) Then a nice set of wheels, again unsure on what but we shall see what funds allow

Rides
    Clean tidy example....keep it that way

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Very very clean

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant Teste View Post
    Very very clean
    Cheers Guys!

Rides
    Tidy looking car, keep it that way Don't mod it like all these other fools

Rides
    Right then, started looking at coilovers and the Apex Gen 2's seem to come up alot and seem a fair price, any advice/info i should know about coilovers?? ive heard that to go lower than 30mm or so that i will need new alignement arms etc cant seem to find any solid info on this?? Am i ok to just fit the coilovers? will i be better off buying other bits to fit alongside??

Rides
    If you don't mind eating tyres twice as fast then alignment isn't a massive or urgent issue.....I ran my silvia so it was raping the tarmac.....still drove great but obviously would have benefitted from alignment etc.....I was just being cheap and my 17" rubber was £40 a corner so it never bothered me.

I don't know if they have sorted the issues now but loads of them used to have a phantom knock even after a few thousand miles. If you just want it lowered a bit I would look for a shock and spring setup.....especially with todays roads, i'm not sure I will own a car with coilovers again! I ruined my second silvia taking off expoensive shocks and springs and putting coilovers on.

Rides
    Well bit annoyed as im only boosting around 2psi so seem to have a boost leak some where starts to boost up to around 4/5psi then drops back to 2ish. Had a quick look no obvious leaks so more testing required!

On the plus side insurance has been paid for the next year!

Coilovers next month, in the meantime i will be trying to sort this boost issue

Rides
    Not a massive update considering the 4 day weekend but meh, mangaged to get the wiper arms off, rubbed down and painted as they were pretty rough before hand, Looking like new now though so happy with that!! Coilovers soon!!!

Rides
    very very clean car! 0_0 dont know the last time i've seen such a tidy genuine example!
    look forward to the project! it defo the right base car anyways!
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Well ordered some Apex Gen 2 6/5 coilovers on wednesday lunch time, they arrived the very next morning! Cant fault them for despatch time or quality, top stuff!!

The car is booked in with demon tweeks tomorrow morning to have them fitted and get the alingment done at the same time, hope fully get some pictures up tomorrow cant wait

Rides
    Nice car mate , welcome to the W reg crew .

Rides
    Sooooo i dropped the car off this morning at demon tweeks to get the coilovers fitted and the alignment done, picked it up this afternoon and is spot on, the car feels so much tighter on the road but the ride hasnt really been compramised, Apex have done a top job on these coilovers, 100x better than some of the stuff you see out there, even the guys in the fitting center said that they are quality units! Only problem, if you can call it one is that the standard rear traction rods are maxed out so im running a tad excess camber on the rear but will probs get hold of some next month, problem solved!

Any Way........

The exhaust is a tad low mind!

Rides
    XXR 527's or XXR 530's......or Ultralite Nuburgs?? HHhhhmmmmm????

Rides
    Nurburgs have weak off sets mate .go with xxr rims nice

Rides
    So bit of an update! Bought a Silvia emblem to replace the nissan one, looks 100x better imo, (i do have a jdm fettish)

Also finaly fitted the kouki spoiler (i bought that before i bought the car haha)

Beefs up the back of the car nicely, I love the look of aero kouki s14's so it seems this is slowly morphing that way. The paint match is spot on to, which surprised even the shop i got the paint from! It took some time to find the right shade as nissan seem to do no end of this red under the same code!!

Rides
    Whats peoples opinions on the aerokit D1 kit / vertex origin copy that they do?? Anyone had experience with Aero kit regarding how well parts fit etc???

Rides
    This is the Kit im hoping for............

Im not a fan of the mega hovercraft style kits but i think this is subtle enough to look factory if done right

Rides
    looking very clean dude...liking the badge!

Loving that silvia badge aswell...tempted to get one, the thing is my car isnt red! did they do a sapphire blue badge?

you really need some wheels dude...ill try a few photoshops with the wheels you mentioned above...hope you dont mind

Keep up the good work!

(ps: that is the kit i LOVE...i may buy it one day)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by YannG View Post
    looking very clean dude...liking the badge!

Loving that silvia badge aswell...tempted to get one, the thing is my car isnt red! did they do a sapphire blue badge?

you really need some wheels dude...ill try a few photoshops with the wheels you mentioned above...hope you dont mind

Keep up the good work!

(ps: that is the kit i LOVE...i may buy it one day)

Haha no feel free to do some chops! post them up on here

As for badges as far as i Know they do Red, Green and Yellow Silvia emblem's (there may be more) and from what ive seen blue silvias had Green ones, Red had Red and White one's have Yellow, but may be loads of other combo's!!