Thread: moving drivers seat back and down.

Rides

moving drivers seat back and down.

hi. Here is a strange one. I have bought a s14a and im 6' 7" tall. My knees are wrapped around both sides of the wheel and heads touching the roof. If i bought a bucket seat do u think there is a way to chop and weld and move it back a few inch. I think some bucket seat frames have holes for height adjustment so i could drill more lower he needed. I love the car so want to keep it. Im going to get a smaller wheel. That might help.

Rides
    the super low bride subframe i have for my bride recliner means i'm basically sat in the back seat. The bottom of the rail is literally sat on the floor of the car when all the way back, its that low (its not as thick as the stock rail either, so gives you an idea of how low it is), i can't even get a floor mat underneath it, it just slides it up and rolls it into a ball behind the drivers seat as its resting on the floor anyway, no room for even a gnat's cock in there
    It also goes back much further, so that'd probably be something to look for. I'm only 6'1 but i fit comfortably in there, even if i am a little way from the steering wheel (might get a larger deeper wheel as i prefer being further back but dont like being at full stretch for the steering wheel).

Rides
    i'm 6ft 5in and i just fit in, or squeeze in, its ok for short journeys but not for the longer ones, i assume you also have a problem with the handbrake lever.

i wouldn't mind moving the seat backa dn down as well but i would rather do it with the standard seats

does anyone know if this is possible or legal

Rides
    it would be interesting to know if the standard seat frame could be cut and moved back. If it can fancy helping each other. i have a mig.

Rides
    and i live in northern ireland

otherwise i'd have been up for it

actually coming to think of it, i can't move mine down cause i have the cd player under my seat but i'd definitly want to move it further back

Rides
    um....bride super low rail...it does exactly what you boys are asking....

or did i miss something?? :P

Rides
    Probably the fact that those rails are about £100 and if there is a way to modify the exisiting ones back and down then it will be a fair bit cheaper for them

Rides
    £100?

mine was £4.50 ^;

Rides
    do you not need a bride seat to go with them, i wouldn't have though they wouldn't have fitted the standard seats

yuo were also saying about have issues reaching the steering wheel (ha ha short ass), what about fitting a quick release spacer type of thing, like this one

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/pr...ng-spacer.html
    Last edited by johnnyhillen; 24-09-2008 at 19:23.

Rides
    Get a different sterring wheel - mine gave me all the legroom I wanted Obviously that doesn;t help the head problem. why not put a shape in the roof similar to cars that have helmet humps?

Rides
    i'm ok for head room, i still have a few inches, although it might be tight with a helmet

but my knees are halfway up the steering wheel

Rides
    Im buggered with head and leg room, not only am i 6' 7" tall im 22 stone too....

Using handbrake and elec windows is a problem, good job its an auto as i just stick it in park .

I might get a smaller wheel and look into cutting and welding seat to move it a tad.

Rides
    i'm the same weight so i know what you mean

Rides
    Pretty sure you can use those rails for other seats, just amazed he got them for that price. Usually everytime a Bride item comes up the £ signs start making that constant cha-ching sound!