Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Full Audi Service "Truly Crap"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stew View Post
    But your rash generalisation implied that anyone using a main dealer for servicing can expect to get the car back ragged! I'm sorry but thats just not true.

At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference he likes the car so chose to spend his money on it and expects good service from a main deal as I expect anyone buying a new car would. I think he is well within his rights to complain about the situation.

I think it's pretty sad that you can't see past the narrow minded point of view you have adopted on this thread but your opinion is your opinion regardless of whether we think it's right or wrong.
    I have a right to EXPECT my road tax to go on the roads like...

Don't for one minute believe it does though, more's the pity...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    I can change my oil and have done, but why do it when you can pay someone else to. Gives me time to do stuff that doesn't get me dirty or give me annoying waste to get rid of.
    Jesus Chris it takes like 15 mins mate!!!!

And you know what you're putting in etc...

Rides
    BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC?! Normally I wouldnt give it 2 shits but Chris-shut up and go somewhere else with your pointless deviations.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout View Post
    BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC?! Normally I wouldnt give it 2 shits but Chris-shut up and go somewhere else with your pointless deviations.
    Still on topic fella

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris 180SX View Post
    I have a right to EXPECT my road tax to go on the roads
    It probably does How much do you think it cost to widen the M25 to 5 lanes / re surface the M1 & the A2. Just because you buy your road tax at your local DVLA office doesnt mean your £200 is getting spent soley on your road

Rides
    On second thoughts it's hardly a topic worth discussing really, as most people on here wouldn't be anywhere near an Audi dealer with such a car...

Rides
    If it did go on his road he'd probably complain about it being closed all the time for the re-surfacing.

Rides
    Exactly, it's only worth is in that other similar people will think "Oh it's alright cause it's got FSH!"
    Right - so we're agreed then? It's worth it, because it matters to other people who are likely to buy the car?

So who cares about 16 miles of exuberance? Would be a crap car if it couldn't take 16 miles of ragging for sure...

Rides
    It probably does How much do you think it cost to widen the M25 to 5 lanes / re surface the M1 & the A2. Just because you buy your road tax at your local DVLA office doesnt mean your £200 is getting spent soley on your road
    Biggest load of bollocks I've EVER heard!!!!!!!!!

what about the tax I pay on petrol? Where does that go? Oh right... Planting new trees to offset my nasty nissan killing them??? Course it does lad...

Rides
    Someone's diggin' a hole

Disgusting behaviour really - you pay a premium to have premium service. Caught red handed smashing his car about and won't own up, terrific

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    If it did go on his road he'd probably complain about it being closed all the time for the re-surfacing.
    Not in the first instance, but when they decide they need a cable pipe etc a month later I am pissed, yeah...

Rides
    Biggest load of bollocks I've EVER heard!!!!!!!!!
    ha ha ha, jesus mate do yourself a favour and calm down. Clearly your just going to argue everything that we post so just let it go. You can be safe in the knowledge that you think your right and we ALL think your wrong but don't worry about it. Im out

Rides
    ha ha ha, jesus mate do yourself a favour and calm down. Clearly your just going to argue everything that we post so just let it go. You can be safe in the knowledge that you think your right and we ALL think your wrong but don't worry about it. Im out
    You're just posting crap mate TBH, tax doesn't go on roads round here; perhaps it's different for you?

Rides
    You're just posting crap mate TBH, tax doesn't go on roads round here; perhaps it's different for you?
    So if tax isn't spent on roads, what does get spent on roads? For example, what relaid the sections of M4 and M48 recently? Pixie dust?

Rides
    So if you bought a nice, new Ferrari and you brought it in on your 10K mile service, you wouldn't mind if I did a rolling burnout out the parking lot after we closed, and go banging it through the gears?

Let me guess, you'd be "doing your own service" on your Ferrari too? Cause that'd make you a TRUE enthusiast right? Regardless of the fact that no Ferrari owner would be caught dead doing their own maintenance on a fresh Ferrari due to the horrendous resale, if you could even sell it?

Only a mindless toolshed would agree to either. Fact is, German car owners want records, and they want to see certified work done or they will walk on the deal. Porsche, Audi, BMW ... doesn't matter. My M3 has a binder full of oil changes, upgrade paperwork / installs, and maintenance. If it didn't have it, I wouldn't have bought it.

Rides
    If this is really expected practice, I'm going to become a Doctor so I can test drive the patients!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly_Boy View Post
    If this is really expected practice, I'm going to become a Doctor so I can test drive the patients!
    Mainly old people who go to the doctors

I'm sure this kind of behaviour goes on all the time Its just this guy has an expensive tracker and has caught them red handed.. I worked in a garage and cars were taken out on a "test drive" to bed in brakes or other equally great excuses.. Not an Audi garage or any other main dealer, but you get the point..

It doesnt matter what car it is, it shouldnt happen.. I'd be if my car was taken out on a ragging!!

Rides
    Chris - stop trolling the thread - Just because you don't like the looks of a car that it sounds like you've never driven, doesn't mean it's 'shit'

Post 400bhp, a V8, and enough space to put, well, anything, in, and a car that is capable of embarrassing a lot of what else is on the road is pretty good for some

Not everyone wants to get into the mechanics of driving, some just enjoy the driving. I quite like playing various games on a PS3, but i don't give a fcuk how it works or care for the intricacies of games programming. I'm fond of yoghurt, but i've got no desire to grow a cow, fondle it's udders, and watch the product of that go off. I'd rather pay for Muller's finest with little regards for how it was made.

Like it or not, with most cars, let alone premium brand ones, full dealer service history maintains as much of the value as possible - that's not opinion, that's a fact.

I'm always paranoid about leaving my cars at garages - evn just for MOT's (although a Nur spec and sitting at the MOT garage means you can pretty much hear everything hwen they take it out for a test drive )
    Never had a bad experience though.

When i left my car at a bodyshop (who treated it with nothing but utmost respect, despite me thinking the worst!) i left it with the fuel light on, the rev limiter set to 3.5k, and the power FC commander in full and obvious view, in graph mode. I may have implied that it was a data logger and recorded everything the car did

Rides
    LOL.

Audi RS4 is a nice car. Theres something cool about a 4 door saloon that has rediculous performance for what it is, what is it 420 brake? 0-60 in 4.6 secs. Same as the RS6 with 570bhp and the new RS8 thats coming out (going to get the engine from the R8)

The new RS8 is the only one thats getting ugly. There are new pictures on carwalls.com but it's down at the moment.
    Can't find it on google due to all the twats who thing the R8 is an RS8 and named their pictures wrong.
    Last edited by Bayside Blue; 07-09-2008 at 07:41.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Blue View Post
    LOL.

Audi RS4 is a nice car. Theres something cool about a 4 door saloon that has rediculous performance for what it is, what is it 420 brake? 0-60 in 4.6 secs. Same as the RS6 with 570bhp and the new RS8 thats coming out (going to get the engine from the R8)

The new RS8 is the only one thats getting ugly. There are new pictures on carwalls.com but it's down at the moment.
    Can't find it on google due to all the twats who thing the R8 is an RS8 and named their pictures wrong.
    415 IIRC - amd bollocks to the saloon - the Avant is where it's at - a fast Audi has to be a 4wd coupe or an Avant, it's the law

I like the looks of all of them