Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full Audi Service "Truly Crap"

Rides

Full Audi Service "Truly Crap"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-included.html

This is why i will never take a car to a dealers. Good trusted indy's or yourself FTW!

Rides
    Un-fookin-believeable,

But he had a bigger shock when reading the log from the £1,000 Tracker Response monitoring system.

'The garage are denying they did anything untoward, but clearly that is not the case,' added Mr Reece, a father of two from Rochester in Kent.
    caught red-handed by a grand's worth of tracker and they're still trying to deny anything was wrong, FFS!!, it even recorded the speed and where it was done.

I'd be suing them for a brand spanking new car, they can live with the one they thrashed.

Rides
    Shocking.

I had some shoddy work done on my old vectra. I try and do everything myself now.

Rides
    "Crap service" for a crap car for some geek who can't be arsed changing his own oil.. Big surprise..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris 180SX View Post
    "Crap service" for a crap car for some geek who can't be arsed changing his own oil.. Big surprise..
    Wow, that must be a record for the number of dismissive sweeping generalisations in a single post.

Whilst I don't personally like the RS4, I would never call it "crap". If this was a story about someone who had taken a GTR to a Nissan dealer to find it had been treated this way, would you be having the same reaction?

Besides that, regardless of whether anyone likes the car or their personal opinions on it, no-one deserves to take their car to a presumably trustworthy organisation and find it treated so badly.

Maybe there's just a little bit of sour grapes over someone who obviously has sufficient money to buy an expensive car?

Rides
    Or maybe the full service history was the point?

And an RS4, crap...?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Wow, that must be a record for the number of dismissive sweeping generalisations in a single post.

Whilst I don't personally like the RS4, I would never call it "crap". If this was a story about someone who had taken a GTR to a Nissan dealer to find it had been treated this way, would you be having the same reaction?

Besides that, regardless of whether anyone likes the car or their personal opinions on it, no-one deserves to take their car to a presumably trustworthy organisation and find it treated so badly.

Maybe there's just a little bit of sour grapes over someone who obviously has sufficient money to buy an expensive car?
    Not at all, I don't like the car. It's ugly. Which rules it out for myself, regardless of price. I do not want to get into what I earn and what I can afford to buy, but that is not because I cannot afford a much more expensive car than the SX. I think the new GTR is "OK" especially as it look and performs better than most similarly priced Audi "sports" models. And anyone going to a dealer, whichever Marque can unfortunately expect this treatment...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    Or maybe the full service history was the point?

And an RS4, crap...?
    Yes, it's very ugly, or did you not notice? And FSH? What does that really mean? We all know here...

Rides
    Just to remind people, this is said crapper...

Rides
    Calling the guy "some geek" for not being able to change his oil is rediculous, alot of people enjoy driving but have no clue when it comes to parts or servicing. To call him a "geek" due to lack of knowledge is just stupid.

As far as saying the service he received is to be expected well thats just as rediculous. If this isn't an isolated incident why dont you hear more stories like it? Ok the guy has concrete evidence due to the tracker but I for one know 20 or 30 cars that are or where serviced by main dealers and they always did a good job.
    Last edited by stew; 06-09-2008 at 23:22.

Rides
    Yes, it's very ugly, or did you not notice? And FSH? What does that really mean? We all know here...
    It's ugly ... so ... it's crap?

Full service history means quite a lot to some people - the evidence to back up someone's assertion that the car has been looked after. Would you rather have a full service history from an entity independent from the person you're buying the car from, or someone you have never met before saying "yeah, sure, I changed the oil myself every 6000 miles, yeah" without ever looking you in the eye.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    It's ugly ... so ... it's crap?

Full service history means quite a lot to some people - the evidence to back up someone's assertion that the car has been looked after. Would you rather have a full service history from an entity independent from the person you're buying the car from, or someone you have never met before saying "yeah, sure, I changed the oil myself every 6000 miles, yeah" without ever looking you in the eye.
    I wouldn't enjoy driving an ugly car personally

And I would buy on assessed condition not stamps anyday

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stew View Post
    Calling the guy "some geek" for not being able to change his oil is rediculous, alot of people enjoy driving but have no clue when it comes to parts or servicing. To call him a "geek" due to lack of knowledge is just stupid.

As far as saying the service he received is to be expected well thats just as rediculous. If this isn't an isolated incident why dont you hear more stories like it? Ok the guy has concrete evidence due to the tracker but I for one know 20 or 30 cars that are or where serviced by main dealers and they always did a good job.
    Yeah, sometimes they will, sometimes they won't...

And that guy is a geek for spending so much money and choosing such a bland POS car... Could have had a car and money left over for good times

Rides
    I wouldn't enjoy driving an ugly car personally
    So regardless of how well balanced / responsive it is and how good the power delivery is you wouldn't enjoy the most enjoyable driving experience you ever had just because the plastic on the outside was "ugly"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stew View Post
    So regardless of how well balanced / responsive it is and how good the power delivery is you wouldn't enjoy the most enjoyable driving experience you ever had just because the plastic on the outside was "ugly"
    Correct

Rides
    I'll ignore the narrowminded person on this thread. How does the garage defend their own documentation of 4 miles, when the odometer will clearly show an extra 16 instead? Being that is has had a FSH, thats pretty stupid of the Audi dealer...There is a market for a speed/rev limiting device when you leave your car with a garage. Suprised the chap didn;t find out about the excursions sooner with a £1k tracker, most text you or can alert you...should have set it to be on permanently and any movements outside the garage area alerting the owner.

Rides
    Yes, it's very ugly, or did you not notice?
    No, it's not. Bland, maybe, but not especially ugly.

And FSH? What does that really mean? We all know here...
    There's a huge difference between a £50k RS4 and a £3k Jap coupe, and they'll be treated very differently. An FSH actually means a lot when it's on a nearly-new premium car - to other car buyers. It's probably worth a significant sum on the value of a nearly-new RS4, and given that they will all have an fAsh, would be a pain to sell the car without.

Would anyone sensible drop £30-40k on a second-hand Porsche, or M3, or RS4, without a full service history? Would you f*ck as like.

Rides
    Yeah, sometimes they will, sometimes they won't...
    But your rash generalisation implied that anyone using a main dealer for servicing can expect to get the car back ragged! I'm sorry but thats just not true.

At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference he likes the car so chose to spend his money on it and expects good service from a main deal as I expect anyone buying a new car would. I think he is well within his rights to complain about the situation.

I think it's pretty sad that you can't see past the narrow minded point of view you have adopted on this thread but your opinion is your opinion regardless of whether we think it's right or wrong.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    An FSH actually means a lot when it's on a nearly-new premium car - to other car buyers. It's probably worth a significant sum on the value of a nearly-new RS4, and given that they will all have an fAsh, would be a pain to sell the car without.

Would anyone sensible drop £30-40k on a second-hand Porsche, or M3, or RS4, without a full service history? Would you f*ck as like.
    Exactly, it's only worth is in that other similar people will think "Oh it's alright cause it's got FSH!" So who cares about 16 miles of exuberance? Would be a crap car if it couldn't take 16 miles of ragging for sure...

Rides
    I can change my oil and have done, but why do it when you can pay someone else to. Gives me time to do stuff that doesn't get me dirty or give me annoying waste to get rid of.