Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Rant!!

Rides

Football Rant!!

Im in a shitty mood to be honest, I think its a joke that we have to pay to watch our country playing in world cup qualifiers! Im with Ian Wright on this one, BBC are mugs!

No disrespect intended here at all (and I live in Wales) but why were they showing the Wales game but not the England?! That just seems idiotic to me as Id imagine there would be a larger audience to watch England play than Wales?

I was tempted to buy Saltana this morning to watch it but quickly became enraged and thought screw them! Well im feeling quiet smug now after reading the match report, a crap first half and 2nd half didnt sound too special.

Anyone else have any opinions on this is English football going down the pan?

Rides
    I'm wioth you on that one Dazz

I pay £57 a month on sky and used to get prem plus but I will not pay for setanta and it seems more and more is on their lately, I always watch england when not on setanta but wouldn't pay to watch them!!

Rides
    Thats a point aswell!!! We have sky which we pay for ontop of a TV license and they wont bloody show it either, from what i can see not even the highlights?

Or maybe there wasnt any

Rides
    Its so those bunch of pansies in the premiership can have their 100k a week wages

Rides
    I subscribed to setanta a while back to watch a Calzaghe fight, never cancelled it.
    used to have prem plus, setanta is ok. Annoying that it's free with Virgin, but pay for it on Sky, but i guess after they poached Sky's monopoly of the footie it's unlikely Sky will do them any favours.

Rides
    I think its crazy that BBC let it go though, just want British footy needs its supporters they push us away even further. I wonder if the FA have any decision on who shows what games or if its down to the highest bidder

Banned
    Rides
    Well it's the same with Tesco and Somerfield stores here in Scotland they sell English St George's cross flag's but not St Andrews one's WTF is that all about? Why would Scot's buy more English flags than their own?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogsx View Post
    Well it's the same with Tesco and Somerfield stores here in Scotland they sell English St George's cross flag's but not St Andrews one's WTF is that all about? Why would Scot's buy more English flags than their own?
    I dont want to get into a Welsh/English, Scottish/English argument as its not that what annoys me. Either way though its pretty poor what you said, we seem to get alot more Polish flags around here

Rides
    I think it is just wrong that national football is on a pay tv channel. I think it needs some tv watchdog to get involved.

Rides
    All home games are on terestrial TV by law i think.

Certain things have to be, FA cup final, wimbledon etc

Edit, a 2-0 win is a disgrace!

Rides
    least when it was on the Beeb ya still got the highlights...now nothing....

fortunately for Sopcast....

Rides
    Its the FA's fault, they didn't make sure there was a clause in the setanta deal to make them sell even a highlight package , Muppets

Its a good job the internet is here though

Rides
    Second goal was a nice one, its nice to see Lescot and the likes getting a chance. But why on earth isnt J.Cole starting, he is by far our most dangerous player thats would be the reason for a flat first half!

East Central Scotland Rep tinnysteve's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogsx View Post
    I think its pretty cool just popping out to get one
    steve

Rides
    Aren't the TV rights for these matches really really expensive.

Frankly I'd rather my TV licence money be spent on something actually worth watching, not that the BBC seem to be very good at that anyway (except for the news and Top Gear. Oh and Dr. Who.)

The Welsh matches are probably a lot cheaper :P

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    Aren't the TV rights for these matches really really expensive.

Frankly I'd rather my TV licence money be spent on something actually worth watching, not that the BBC seem to be very good at that anyway (except for the news and Top Gear. Oh and Dr. Who.)

The Welsh matches are probably a lot cheaper :P
    Well apparently according to the papers this morning its around £5million per England game Reason for no channels showing highlights is Setanta want £1million per game to show highlights

Rides
    Jesus christ. I thought it was something like 5 million for the rights to the season, not per game.

How many episodes of Top Gear could you make for the price of one sodding football match?

If you don't want to pay for Setanta, can't you just watch it for free at the pub anyway?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly_Boy View Post
    Edit, a 2-0 win is a disgrace!
    Try being Scottish I bumped into the entire Scotland squad at Glasgow airport last night, was within punching distance of Fletcher and Hartley and my god I was tempted Useless cnuts

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by simonas View Post
    I pay £57 a month on sky
    £684 (+ licence fee) a year? For telly?

Are you completely mad?

Rides
    Thank god i dont watch football. Never liked it and imho its over rated and a cop out on all the people willing to spunk hard earned cash over 90mins of kicking a ball around. Money and greed will always press the buttons of the little man who lives for the club and game.