Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which big name store always underwhelms you?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bennett View Post
    IKEA

Never really found what I want furniture-wise, and you'd wish Steve McQueen was there to help you escape the place, rather than walk a marathon to the exit.
    Don't get me started about that $**t hole, the only shop where I nearly ended up in a punch up (trying to get out!)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post

IKEA - Big Grumble
    According to "er" the huge ugly monstrosity of a building they have just built in Coventry, is designed so you have to walk around the ENTIRE shop before you can even get out. Now that boils my piss.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Maplin.

Used to be an electronics shop, now is full of radio controlled cars, and pimp-my-PC rubbish. If you want anythign else you have to wait a week while they order it in because they never keep anything in stock.
    so have to agree, used to be able to build some cool shit, now theres only rs and they only deal with trade now! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TrIcK^ View Post
    According to "er" the huge ugly monstrosity of a building they have just built in Coventry, is designed so you have to walk around the ENTIRE shop before you can even get out. Now that boils my piss.
    Most of them are like that

I don't (and won't) shop at Ikea any more, mostly for reasons already mentioned in this thread

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Top man, worst shop ever
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    ive been in the coventry one ,what a nightmare its got a lift that can hold 40people.dont want to be in that when it gets stuck.then you have to start on the 6th floor and work your way down it took over half an hour just to get down stairs.swore id never go back

Rides
    Adrian Flux.

I don't go out shopping for anything other than beer, fags, petrol and drugs.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alany View Post
    Wierd, I make bread at home and it last 2 days before all its good for is toast
    same here, but with a quick dribble from the cold tap and 10 secs in the microwave on full and its as good as new

shopping in in the big stores boils my piss so i avoid it as much as possible and try to get most things from a small independant type place, mainly for the friendly atmosphere/banter and they often sort you out with a bit of discount to boot

Rides
    I thought woolworths was quite good... I got my xbox 360 elite in there for the same price as it was on ebuyer minus delivery

The starbucks that I used to frequent is still okay, and I think that costa is too bitter. I make my own at home and its only when I bugger it up, that it tastes bitter. Properly brewed espresso should NOT be bitter!

Damping down bread and microwaving it is just wrong

Pets at home, now we fortunatly don't have to go there that often, but when we do have to pop in, there is usually stock all over the place, it's over priced and there is never anyone around at the tills to pay. They are all always over playing with the fcuking rabbits

I make motions to exit the store without paying, works every time

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
    Properly brewed espresso should NOT be bitter!

Bitter espresso is a result of either the beans being roasted too dark or the shot being pulled too hot (if the shot is pulled too cold it tastes sour)

Both of these are a probability in a large coffee shop.

(1) The espresso machine is run at high pressure to maintain heat whilst pulling shot after shot, however if the shop is quiet the machine will go over its optimum temperature of 94-96 deg and the next customer to order a coffee will get an espresso extraced way too hot. The barista should really do a cooling flush before extracting the shot.

(2) The majority of drinks pulled in *$'s and the like are milk based drinks, however instead of the way a capuccino should be made working on 1/3rds principle; in a "Grande" latte they are mixing some 2oz espresso with 16oz of milk .... there is no way in hell you can taste coffee in that ... SO, to cut through the milk the profile of the coffee roast is that of burning the living sh1t out of the bean until it cremates it ... if you dont have a milk drink, or get a smaller milk drink the coffee tastes bitter.

Here endeth the coffee snobbery of Me !!!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TrIcK^ View Post
    I really, really like that building, I think it's a great design.

Also with any trip to Ikea you have to time it right. I've been there 3 or 4 times, once I was pretty much the only person there, it was about 6pm. I'd also say it's better than the Wendsbury one where you do have to go round the entire store. At the Coventry one it's really easy to get to the warehouse without going through the main furniture floor, either use the stairs, or walk through the front entrance, the warehouse is in front of you

Oh yes, slaggin off shops.. All big name stores underwhelm me. I prefer to research and go in and out as quick as possible.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Ebay totally boils my piss.

Full of 15th hand knocked off Chinese shite that breaks even before you unbox it. Or stuff that been blatantly nicked, coupled with the tendency for stuff on ebay to be overpriced leads me to believe its shit.

I agree totally. The new feedback system has totally p1ssed me off, they are only really interested in Ebay shop sellers now. Now you cannot leave negative feedback as a seller if some sh1t bag messes you around. The new search experience is absolute total and utter sh1te. They have an opt out of the new search experience button that does not seem to work anymore A terrible website that I hardly use anymore. A huge company that does not give a sh1t about the average honest pleb who wants to sell some of their unwanted items anymore.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown source View Post
    so have to agree, used to be able to build some cool shit, now theres only rs and they only deal with trade now! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    yeah rip off prices too! I use Farnell for most things now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallers View Post
    Oh yes, slaggin off shops.. All big name stores underwhelm me. I prefer to research and go in and out as quick as possible.
    Yeah this stuffs professional, within 10 minutes in and out, the less people i have to deal with the better.
    I always go to tescos late or when some stupid soap is on, as you can guarantee the majority of the mongs are sat in their chav homes.
    Then you can breeze through the store.
    Last edited by Bayside Blue; 02-09-2008 at 12:13.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt View Post
    most of them because im a courier..the amount of mongs who work in loading bays..oh dear
    From a loading bay perspective most couriers are mongs as they never book a delivery slot and normally just expect to jump the queue. Might explain why most loading bay staff seem like mongs, they're being awkward just because they can!