Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which big name store always underwhelms you?

Rides

Which big name store always underwhelms you?

Ok excuse for a rant.
    JJB - they are total sh*te. Never stock anything useful, what there is is cheap tack.
    My gf wants some small dumbells. Their cheap range goes from 1kg to 4kg.
    They dont do a cheap 5kg, which is what she needs.
    Only option is to buy the fancy 5kg dumbell in a plastic case. Only 1 left. Case broken to buggery, probably wont make it to the car.
    Offered a pathetic 10% disc. Wont do store to store goods movements on the plastic case.
    I hate them so much.

Which stores p*ss you off (other than Halfrauds)?

Rides
    Pissy Wurld

nuff said...

Rides
    TESCOS !!! .......... ARRRRGHHHHHH !!!!!!

Fapping fruit and veg that lasts a few days, before going limp or mouldy and if you do eat it in time it tastes of nothing !

Meat that cannot be fried becuase its so full of injected salt water you can only boil it ... when it is cooked it tastes of NOTHING !!!!! ....... it doesnt even have a smell .... a proper bit of meat has a smell ... it smells of meat

Fruit and meat .... they should actually smell of something ... the lack of smell is an indication of the lack of taste.

Bread products .... dont even go there, the plastic wrapped stuff is dry and stale .... the fresh backed has a shelf life of a couple of days at best !!!

I HATE TESCOS !!!!!!!!!!!! ....... gnnnnnrrrr STOP WRAPPING EVERYTHING IN PLASTIC !

ahhhh ..... I have calmed down a lot since moving house and live near to a butcher and get a veg box delivered from a local farm !

FOOD WITH TASTE .... go fcuking figure .... STOP ORDERING YOUR PARSLEY OR BEANS FROM ISRAEL YOU MUPPETS ... you can get it from the UK and becuase its local, it ist part frozen during transport and has flavour ! ... GRRRNNNARRRGH

MUSHROOMS ARE MEANT TO HAVE FLAVOUR !!!!!! ...... BEANS ARE ALLOWED TO BE CURLEY ...... PEPPERS DONT NEED PLASTIC WRAPPING

CNUTS !!!!!! FAPPING BIG CNUTS !!!!!!!!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvreen View Post
    Buy one of each and, hey presto, 5kg . Don't they teach maths in schools any more?

Rides
    Ok excuse for a rant.
    JJB - they are total sh*te. Never stock anything useful, what there is is cheap tack.
    Only option is to buy the fancy 5kg dumbell in a plastic case. Only 1 left. Case broken to buggery, probably wont make it to the car.
    Offered a pathetic 10% disc. Wont do store to store goods movements on the plastic case.
    I hate them so much.

Which stores p*ss you off (other than Halfrauds)?
    Err, it's JJB - it's a chav sportswear emporium, where you expecting actual sporting goods rather than chav uniform?
    Try going to an actual sports shop And I don't mean Sports Soccer.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Err, it's JJB - it's a chav sportswear emporium, where you expecting actual sporting goods rather than chav uniform?
    Try going to an actual sports shop And I don't mean Sports Soccer.
    Dont see you listing any, Si?
    Most sports shops dont want the hassle of stocking dumbells.

Rides
    I don't go to sports shops, as that would mean indulging in sports Seriously - a proper sports shop like your good old fashioned sports emporium, rather than one that is basically a clothing outfit would be the best bet.

If a shop underwhelms me, i tend not to shop there again unless i have no option whatsoever, simple as
    Last edited by Si; 01-09-2008 at 15:05.

Rides
    Frankie and Benny's - always bad.

Rides
    All shops underwelm so I tend only to shop in John Lewis (or at least get the advice I need in store then buy the same item, cheaper, on t'nternet)

What really, really winds me up is when shops, especially clothes shops have 'Sales'. The instant they stick those red and white SALE! signs up - all order goes out the window and they turn the shop into a f*cking jumble sale.
    Gets on my nerves something cronic.

The few times i've been into a shop thats in the process of a sale. I have requested I speak to the manager and start the conversation something like:
    "Thanks for turning the shop into a heap. Can you now go and find me a pair of jeans, 32 waist 34 leg..." Basically I try to turn the manager into my personal shopping assistant - and i'm fussy as hell!

Rides
    One word: Tesco !

Rides
    Never underwhelmed by JJB but thats only because I would expect to be stabbed the second I walk through the door so they dont have to do a lot to impress me

Rides
    Our JJb is good for golf stuff all of the assistants in that section all have low handicaps and seem to know their stuff, I bought a Taylor maded hybrid wood from there Saturday and saved £40

Rides
    Argos

full of twats wo just aimlessly flickong through the book, you type your code in to those blue over complicated calculaors, great 2 left, go and pay for it, wait for an ages for a knuckle dragging moron to find what you want, and when it turns up the box is beaten to heel, as for the other one, and its in the returns bay.

rarly got what i want in stock,

and if i buying something big, i want to know how big the box is to see if it will fit in the car or if i have ot get the delivery, they wont tell toy till it turns up, and when you say that its too big can it be delivered they make your life hell.

Rides
    Screwfix.

Turn up. Turn to the index page and find the page number I need. Page is missing. Go to another catalogue, find what I want. Try to fill out form, all the sh*tty little pencils are too blunt to write in the little boxes.

Queue for ten minutes, hand cashier form - watch her try to decipher my scribbles on the form. Read the number out to her. Pay for item.

Wait for 20 minutes for item to appear. Get told at least one thing I ordered is out of stock. Queue for ten more minutes to get refund.

Go to B&Q.

Rides
    Tesco arn't too bad. They are good for canned / packet goods (but that's not saying much I know)

I agree they wrap everything in plastic and the fruit does not last long. bought 4 Finest Avacado's the other day, that very night they were black inside. (having said that some local Greengrocers are not much better). Probably as Johnny says a Farm shop box would be a better bet. And using a proper Butchers for the meat. I have found ASDA steak is quite good (the nice Rib Eye one's). Had real good flavour.

Rides
    most of them because im a courier..the amount of mongs who work in loading bays..oh dear

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Bread products .... dont even go there, the plastic wrapped stuff is dry and stale .... the fresh backed has a shelf life of a couple of days at best !!!

Are you really complaining that fresh bread that doesnt have preservatives etc goes stale in a couple of days ??

Rides
    Fresh bread in France is usually hard by the end of the day. Sign of quality methinks.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alany View Post
    Are you really complaining that fresh bread that doesnt have preservatives etc goes stale in a couple of days ??
    yes ..... I make bread at home, no preservatives and it stays soft and pleasent for a whole week.

run out of yeast or need an emergency loaf and cant be arsed to wait 4 hours so go to tescos and their fresh bread, light and fluffy in the morning, by the afternoon its about as good a use for bread crumbs only

Rides
    Fresh bread in France is usually hard by the end of the day. Sign of quality methinks.
    Actuaaly this is a weird issue for me .... a proper french baguette, should be light and airy in the morning and solid and inedible by midday .... Tescos Baguettes are doughy and bready in the morning and rubbery by midday

Again .... it isnt difficult to make french bread, but there representation of it is soooo far off