Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's going on with Casey Stoner??

Rides

So what's going on with Casey Stoner??

Binned it from a comfortable lead for the second race in a row

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...es/7590637.stm

Fair play to Vale for matching Agostini's record of 68 wins

Rides
    He's fallen for the old Rossi mind games like Gibernau and Biaggi.

Rides
    His bike has more talent than he does?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Bugger have i missed another race
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Isn't that ducati running traction control and just about every legal gadget?, defo rider error, he seemed so comfortable at the start of the season, nice to see rossi continue his reign though.

I never get tired of watching the crowd at a home win. nuts!.

Rides
    They did mention on Eurosport that it was discovered last week that a wrist injury he suffered 5 years ago has left a bone fragment floating around and causing problems when his wrist is in a certain position. Personally I suspect this isn't the full story but may be a partial explanation. I'm a Rossi fan though, so to Rossi for another win

Rides
    IMO, it was pretty much a carbon copy of Leguna. Stoner knew he had to make a break for it from the get go as he knew Rossi has never been a great starter. The thing is, Rossi's starts have dramatically improved in recent times and he has only just realised that the only way he stands a chance of winning is he stays with Stoner from the start.

But when Stoner realises he isn't able to keep the early gap he's made, he just tries too hard and down it comes.

Anyway, what about Pedro going to Bridgestones?!! IMO, he doesn't need to...

Rides
    Rossi's got in his head. He roughed him up at Laguna Seca and proved that he, Rossi, is the better rider, given roughly equivalent machines. After Laguna, there was a 4 week break, and Stoner had to deal with that loss for the whole time, without being able to 'get back on the horse' to clear his mind.

He's binned it ever since

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    IMO, it was pretty much a carbon copy of Leguna.
    Carbon copy of Brno, surely? Stoner losing it a few laps in as he was slowly reeled in?

Rides
    Ok, maybe not a carbon copy but what I mean is Stoner cracked under pressure. Sorry yeah I meant Brno.
    Last edited by Mr G; 31-08-2008 at 22:27.

Rides
    I think Stoner is an excellent rider, but he cant handle the pressure & cracked. Rossi, whilst also being amazing on the bike, also knows how to out- psyche his opponents, letting them make the mistakes while he calmly follows them and then gains the advantage.

Rides
    Its just dawned on him that he sucks c0ck like Monica Lewinsky !!!

I cant stand the whinging little turd and would quite gladly dowse him in petrol and flick a match !!

Thank the Lord for The Doctor and the way he carries out his duties !!! Hardcore labotomy for Mr C Stoner coming right up !!!

Rides
    one thing that has surprised me, why is the ducati still the fastest bike out on the track?, usually a bike like that has one season in front then the rest of the factory bikes have caught up and beyond, but i see nothing special from yamaha (apart from rossi), honda etc.

Rides
    Great race and good to see Rossi winning. Stoner is a big, winging girl but I don't believe his mistakes are to do with Rossi. I think Stoner has just been a little unlucky and probably just lost concentration for a second and binned it twice in a row. I mean come on the guy absolutely dominated the 2007 season and didn't make a single mistake, just looks like he's finally getting some bad luck.
    Did you see Pedrosa's twitchy bike! Think he's made the right choice switching tyres he wrestled with that thing for the whole race.

Rides
    Both crashes are just down to him pushing too hard simple as that. You can't go at that sort of pace from the word go and expect to be able to do it all race. He said afterwards the front didn't feel right from the word go but he thought it had settled down then it dumped him on his ass!!!

You have to be able to ride on the edge without stepping over and he hasn't really mastered this yet. He was the same at Honda crashed out of about half the races by losing the front end.

The Ducati is more powerfull than the other bikes. It's main advantage is the desmodromic valve gear it uses which allows it to rev high than the other bikes but is very low friction which means they save fuel.

Not sure Pedrosa switching to Bridgestone is justified thou as Lorenzo got second on Michelins.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey3legs View Post
    I never get tired of watching the crowd at a home win. nuts!.

Just got back from Misano today and the atmosphere really was fantastic. Strangely (at least I thought) the crowd were supporting Stoner, I guess becase he's on a Ducati. There were still big cheers when he came off though.

The fans are absolutely passionate though. We got to the circuit at 8.00 thinking we'd be there before the crowds, and you could barely find a patch of grass to sit. Had to push in a little bit.

I think we were the only one's cheering for Bradley in the 125's!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    when Stoner realises he isn't able to keep the early gap he's made, he just tries too hard and down it comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    Rossi's got in his head. He roughed him up at Laguna Seca and proved that he, Rossi, is the better rider, given roughly equivalent machines. After Laguna, there was a 4 week break, and Stoner had to deal with that loss for the whole time, without being able to 'get back on the horse' to clear his mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerider View Post
    Thank the Lord for The Doctor and the way he carries out his duties !!! Hardcore labotomy for Mr C Stoner coming right up !!!
    Quoted due to extreme correctness.

Robbie: I'm not jealous at all, you

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Gotta agree - Rossi can do things on a bike that Casey can only dream of, and he knows it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Gotta agree - Rossi can do things others can only dream of.
    Yep,

He could make your zed look non-gay !!

J.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerider View Post
    Yep,

He could make your zed look non-gay !!

J.
    And theres me thinking Id have to keep this pic for some point in the future eh??

Remember kids - wear sunscreen or you might end up looking like this:

What you cant see is the children out of shot crying their eyes out, and their mothers hurrying them away and trying to cover their eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Can you wind the red level up in that picture anymore or will your pc go pop ??

I have to look like that so that you mere mortals not blessed with my internationally renowned skillset have a chance at living full and productive lives, rather than sitting on the sidelines wishing you were me !!