Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New DB-Power brake kits!

Flamethrower
    Rides

New DB-Power brake kits!

Hi Guys

Just a little thread to show you DB-Powers new big brake range

All discs are now made by Brembo, we are dedicated to using the best names around in order to give you the best results and the most reliability.

Here are new and current kits available:-

Hi Guys

Below is the range of big brake kits that I offer:-

315mm:-
    This kit uses standard S14/300zx calipers and can fit S13 or S14 stud patterns. The 315mm kit can fit under standard wheels but require the wheel weights to be relocated to the out side lip on the rim (old fashioned hammered on type weights) and also require slight modification to the caliper spring clip (the clip which sits in between the pads)

The Brembo Plain 315mm Big Brake Kit is a entry level big brake kits, the kit can be used for normal/fast road and the odd track days.

The EBC 315mm Dimpled and Grooved Big Brake Kit, the kit can be used for normal/fast road and is more than capable for track days.

The EBC 315mm grooved big brake kit, the kit can be used for normal/fast road and is more than capable for track days

The Brembo 315mm Grooved big brake kit (new), the kit can be used for normal/fast road and is more than capable for track days

330mm:-
    This kit uses standard S14/300zx calipers or you can use R33 GTS-T or R32 GTR Calipers. The kit requires a minimum of a 17" wheel though.

The Brembo plain 330mm Big Brake Kit (new), the discs are made from outstanding quality iron and are made to a very high standard. This brake kit is ideal for fas road and light/medium track use.

The Brembo 330mm Grooved Big Brake Kit (new), the discs are made from outstanding quality iron and are made to a very high standard. The discs are curved slotted designed for optimal braking under various braking conditions (wet/Dry). The discs are very capable for heavy track use and road use.

345mm:-
    This kit uses standard S14/300zx calipers or you can use R33 GTS-T or R32 Calipers. The kit requires a 18" wheel, but will fit under some 17" motorsport wheels i.e. compomotives etc. You need to have at least a 380mm-400mm distance between opposite sides of the inside rim.

The Brembo 345mm Big Brake Kit. Using high quality Brembo discs, this kit is suitable for normal/fast road and light/medium track use.

The Brembo 345mm Grooved Big Brake Kit, the discs are made from outstanding quality iron and are made to a very high standard. The discs are curved slotted designed for optimal braking under various braking conditions (wet/Dry). The discs are very capable for heavy track use and fast road.

Big Brake Pads:-

With all of my brake kits I can supply larger brake pads which have been reworked to fit S14/300zx or R32 GTR/R33 GTS-T calipers. The main benefits of these larger brake pads is that as you are increasing the disc size with the big brake kits you aren't increasing the pad surface area. With these pads you can do both for much better braking performance.
    Redstuffs
    Yellowstuffs
    DS2500
    DS3000

Braided Hoses:-
    I can also source longer front stainless steel braided hoses, which are ideal for the big brake kits, as you can discard your original perished rubber hoses and as they are longer they reduce the chance of your original hoses stretching. £30 front pair
    Last edited by Dan@DB-Power; 04-01-2010 at 11:16.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Wilwoods & Huge Brembo kits (Will be updated soon )

Rides
    how much for some 315mm front discs (plain) need some more also how much is your new rear brake upgrade kit?

Rides
    anyone??

Rides
    dan is still waiting on final costing for the making of rear brake kit parts before he can say. im sure he will be on soon about the discs

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Flange View Post
    how much for some 315mm front discs (plain) need some more also how much is your new rear brake upgrade kit?
    Hi Flange

Just the discs right? if so they would be £120 drilled to your stud pattern, postage would be £12

Dan

Rides

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dan@DB-Power View Post
    Wilwoods & Huge Brembo kits (Will be updated soon )
    Hi Dan. Are you still doing the 360mm 6 pot Big Brembo Kits for the R33 GTR ?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    Hi Dan. Are you still doing the 360mm 6 pot Big Brembo Kits for the R33 GTR ?
    I can get a kit made up chap, although never tried on one a GTR, but from what I can tell they run very similar hubs to S14's, apart from having a driveshaft through the middle.

I can get a set of brackets knocked up and give it a try

Dan

Rides
    I can get a kit made up chap, although never tried on one a GTR, but from what I can tell they run very similar hubs to S14's, apart from having a driveshaft through the middle.

I can get a set of brackets knocked up and give it a try

Dan
    I would be very interested if you could. Are the Calipers cast alloy?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    I would be very interested if you could. Are the Calipers cast alloy?
    They are alloy but they are machined out of billet, not a cast

Dan

Rides
    They are alloy but they are machined out of billet, not a cast

Dan
    Any idea of weight ? Can you drop me a line with a price when you have test fitted a pair to a R33 GTR?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    about 4.5kg each

Dan

Rides
    345mm:-
    This kit uses standard S14/300zx calipers or you can use R33 GTS-T or R32 Calipers. The kit requires a 18" wheel, but will fit under some 17" motorsport wheels i.e. compomotives etc. You need to have at least a 380mm-400mm distance between opposite sides of the inside rim.

The Brembo 345mm Big Brake Kit. Using high quality Brembo discs, this kit is suitable for normal/fast road and light/medium track use.
    £250
    I wanna go for them soon but... I've got 380mm clearance (probs worth measuring again) I measured on the inside of the rim but would you know exactly where I should, 2inchs in, 3inchs?

Or if you already know, do they fit behind 17inch Advans sa3rs

Flamethrower
    Rides
    I don't think they will fit behind the advance they don't seem to be a very forgiving wheel for brakes

as for measuring, about 3mm in front of your current disc or 19mm from your wheel face.

Dan

Rides
    hey dan,
    id love a set of the 330mm discs - only trouble is even though i have 17's with decent caliper clearance - the valve is an angled metal one that comes from inside the rim to the outer edge - i think this may affect the caliper. if i send you a pic with a tape measure held up against it to show the measurement from caliper to valve, do you reckon you could tell if it'd fit?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    I'll give it a try. They are Advans 3 spokes are they?

Dan

Rides
    no mine are enkei racingline rc5. very very light things. heres the only pic i've got for now, can you i'd them? if so could you tell, if not ill get a close up.

(edit - found name)
    Last edited by DeanS15; 10-12-2008 at 21:31.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    no idea, look like a rota wheel, but don't they all

anyhow have a measure and take some piccies

Rides
    Redstuffs £95
    Yellowstuffs £102
    DS2500 £138
    DS3000 £142.50

what's the added benefit for the extra money on pads?

I do 90% around town and 10% track day equivalent

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Personally if I would you I would go for the Yellowstuffs, as they are man enough for the track and are not too bad at cold bite for around town

Also you save quite a bit of money