Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Pimp My Soarer

Rides
    Had a play with some super subtle vinyl graphics last night, it's all free so it's all good. I'm undecided, might wait to see it on a sunny day.

Rides
    Blimey, not one comment on a marmite subject like vinyl graphics? I am suprised.

Rides
    I hate Grpahics! lol then again thats pretty subtle

but still i reckon business pimp is the way to go. not pimp pimp with graphics

business pimps sell weapons.
    pimp pimps sell hos

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    They look ok but as you say can't really tell until it's sunny How good is your paintwork tho Have to get my car detailed
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Lose the stickers dude if I were you. You've taken a lovely car and done a rare thing, managed to pull of an excellent look with a relatively cheap brand of wheel. And that's awesome.

But subtle or not, those stickers really let it down. I think you should take them off, and then look at the VIP look.
    '99 S14A Garage Find (off the road since 2007) - WIP

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Tbh you prob need to get a full car shot with the grapphics so people can really tell what they look like
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    VIP look.
    Business Pimp Here to sell you machine guns

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Lose the stickers dude if I were you. You've taken a lovely car and done a rare thing, managed to pull of an excellent look with a relatively cheap brand of wheel. And that's awesome.

But subtle or not, those stickers really let it down. I think you should take them off, and then look at the VIP look.
    Fcuking hell I hate myself for this.

I agree with Pielad.

Those stickers aren't for pimps.

Rides
    I like the idea of graphics on the soarer but I don't think the design on those works at all.

sorry.

Rides
    Thanks for all the comments, no need to apologise for not liking the graphics, thats what you lot are here for, feedback. If I didn't want opinions on my mods I wouldn't post the pics up, but then I would have a car that probably only I would think looked good!

I'm still undecided on the graphics and I understand that they don't neccessarily suit VIP pimp, still not sure exactly where the car is going style wise, perhaps when it is lower and wider stanced with the side skirts etc on the graphics might suit more, or maybe not. Like I said I can pull them off any time and it's cost me nowt so it's all good.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandan View Post
    Thanks for all the comments, no need to apologise for not liking the graphics, thats what you lot are here for, feedback. If I didn't want opinions on my mods I wouldn't post the pics up, but then I would have a car that probably only I would think looked good!

I'm still undecided on the graphics and I understand that they don't neccessarily suit VIP pimp, still not sure exactly where the car is going style wise, perhaps when it is lower and wider stanced with the side skirts etc on the graphics might suit more, or maybe not. Like I said I can pull them off any time and it's cost me nowt so it's all good.
    That's what its all about, trying different things.

If I could get some graphics on mine for free then I would to see if I like them.

whats the next plan for the pimp mobile then?

Rides
    arch rolling, height controller and spacers. watch this space.

Rides
    I don't like the interior - the carbon is OK i guess but the rest is too light in colour - like those light grey -blueish plastics on the dash and doors ... this car needs the inside to be very black - everything needs to be darkey dark - from the carpet to the headliner. And dark windows and then bring some machine guns inside (black ones ofcourse, maybe the gun of Rambo wiil be well suited to the car)
    Oh and loose the graphicsq seriouslly.

Rides
    Having seen the graphics in the flesh i have to say they do look rather cool!! but as your going for the pimp look dan, i agree that the should probably come off, i still think you need to get those windows tinted, thats the pimp look!!!.
    Oh a note to everyone, the reason Dan is doing a bargain hunt DIY job is not because he is poor, oh no, im afraid all this pimp talk has gone to his head, he has spent all his money on a new wardrobe, his latest favourites appear to be these 2 tiger print style and a lovely orange number. Dan needs help. with your help, we can get him through this phase......

Rides
    Only just seen this thread.

One question, have you ever seen real carbon fibre?? The wood looked sooooo much better IMHO, and wood interiors are more "pimp" than "carbon".

"pimp" = plastic wood, garish leather, chrome wheels and hydraulic suspension

"fast n furious street racer" = frosted graphics, carbon look interior plastics and fake split rims

I do quite like the overall look of the car, but its not "pimp"

Rides
    Aha! but the graphics aren't frosted, they are matt black!

If you had sat in the car you wouldn't agree about the wood, although as your idea of pimp is garish fake wood, then maybe you would, er, wood.
    Ahem. What I mean is if pimp is garish fake wood then it's not what i'm going for, even if the fake carbon doesn't look like real carbon, it is still a nicer looking material than the wood.

And fake split rims? Whats the deal with this, I like the wheels 'cos they look nice, so they have a look of split rim to them even though they aren't, what's the issue? If i really wanted splits i would have saved up and bought them, but i just wanted some spangly wheels so there you go.

Oyama, there is talk of a darker re-trim in the distant future, my dad currently contracts for Bentley and genuinely thinks he could get some of the guys there to re-cover my seats in Bentley leather!! bonkers.

Moomin, I wish you wouldn't post pictures of my wardrobe up, and like I said last night, no you can't borrow either of them. :P

Rides
    rats!

Rides
    forget the car just buy one of those suits and a pimp cup!

Rides
    And fake split rims? Whats the deal with this, I like the wheels 'cos they look nice, so they have a look of split rim to them even though they aren't, what's the issue?
    I fully sympathise mate. Loads and loads of people on here rave about the Ultralite Nurburgring and AFAIK it's a split rim replica. It doesn't come apart.

If it looks nice, that's it. That's all that should matter on VIP style.
    '99 S14A Garage Find (off the road since 2007) - WIP

Rides

Oyama, there is talk of a darker re-trim in the distant future, my dad currently contracts for Bentley and genuinely thinks he could get some of the guys there to re-cover my seats in Bentley leather!! bonkers.
    Well if were talking bently quallity then yor interior shouldn't ever look any less bad boy pimp-er than this one