Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Pimp My Soarer

Rides
    Right, you 'orrible lot, I have been having a good think over the weekend (no fabrication of front splitter yet, besides I need to make the skirt for the other side first!) and I have decided that if you are going to go pimp, you can't really do it half-assed, it's all or nothing really, so next items on the shopping list are: Electronic suspension height controller, 15mm spacers plus longer studs and a little bit of arch rolling by some nice person on here (any takers?).

Maybe after that I can become a special volunteer community service offsetpoliceman...

Oh, thanks for all the nice comments too, it's really pleasing to stick with something like the sideskirts even though things didn't look too encouraging at the start, and to have them come out so well.

Rides
    Wheres Hampton? South London?
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    southampton I think

you'd be best to roll them first then measure up for the studs and spacers, you may find you can get a lot more than 15mm on there - toyota arch lips are big

Rides
    think he means the south of hampton as in "southampton" mate

Rides
    Ahhh....

Well I guess that would be me then for arch rolling services. Will need a bit of extra petrol money to get there though.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Well I can always come to you Pablo..? Yes i'm in sunny Southampton, I'm happy to drvie to wherever you are, is Wanstead in London somewhere? I'm ready to get them done whenever really, like archenemy says, I can judge everything else after the arch rolling. I'm guessing this weekend is no good for you... PM me.

Rides
    Ooh, while I was deciding to go super pimp with all this arch business, I sort of set out a rough idea of all the things I want to do to the car in the future, funds allowing of course, here's what I came up with:

Next on the list is arch rolling (not flaring), spacers and an electronic height controller to take the offset down to around ET15 and the ride to height down to gravel-scraping levels, but only when I want it.

Need to get the skirts finished and fitted, and possibly a front splitter to match. (I have a cunning idea for this to make sure I don't rip it off at speed)
    After that its a manifold back custom stainless exhaust to generate a bit of burble, and perhaps look at the induction too.
    Then it's clear side repeaters and perhaps new front lights, (anyone seen the jdmhonda parts black ones on ebay? are they as gash as the rest of jdmhonda's stuff or are they a decent piece of kit?) and removing the central horizontal bar in the front bumper opening, just to smooth it out a bit.
    I'd love a small under-car diffuser for the rear too just to frame the exhausts, but not sure on the availability of that sort of thing, and I have seen a stunning rear spoiler, duck-tail style but with slightly overhanging end plates that I want to try and source.

Once all that small fry is sorted, and if money EVER allows (it's doubtful) i'll be looking at an engine conversion, me being a rotary head, it would be rude not to try and slap a 20b in there...has that been done?

Rides
    A rotary trying to push a 17 tonne car?

Rides
    Well, er, yeah.
    My car has got to be very similar in size and weight to a Cosmo, and if a stock 20b can push one of those along at a reasonable (ha!) pace, I don't see why I won't be changing my pants on a regular basis if I shoehorn one into my car...

Rides
    Love it. Its amazing how a set of wheels has completely chnaged that car.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fraser87uk View Post
    Love it. Its amazing how a set of wheels has completely chnaged that car.
    I know what you mean.

Its so true that wheels "make" a car visually. You can have the nicest car, but with the wrong wheels, it will never look good. Also, you can a average car, but sit it right on decent wheels, and it can look awesome.

Rides
    How quickly do you need the arches done Dan?
    I can do it but I'm off to thailand tomorrow (again) until the 8th sept.

Rides
    Hey Rob, how goes it?! No real rush, give me a shout when you get back and we'll sort something out, be good to catch up! I didn't know you could roll arches...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandan View Post
    Hey Rob, how goes it?! No real rush, give me a shout when you get back and we'll sort something out, be good to catch up! I didn't know you could roll arches...
    Got your sms, I'll give you a shout on my return.. haven't seen you for ages!

Rides
    Car looks nice. Not keen on the wheels at all, but you did a good job on the skirts.

The Equips would of been cheaper in the long run - just think about when you have to change those lovely 19" tyres
    Last edited by Quail; 28-08-2008 at 12:30.

Rides
    Aha, but i have a cunning plan for that too, when that time comes around (at my present mileage and driving style, around 2 years i'm hoping) I will either: a) be in a position to buy some seriously pimp wheels, a-la brand new Works or some such japanese exotica, or b) just buy another set of the same wheels and tyres package and sell the old ones, hopefully making back enough to make the whole process cheaper than buying a set of 19" tyres.

Rides
    2 Years before you change tyres?!?!?!?!?!?

Do you drive like an 90 yr old woman then aye?

Rides
    It's got a 4 litre v8, petrol is 112.9p a litre and I use it to get to work every day. So yes, I drive it like a 90 year old woman, but who cares how fast you are going when it looks this good?

Rides
    Ahhh didnt realise it wa your daily.

Surely your gonna have some RWD fun-ness in it tho??

Rides
    Probably yes, but I wont be making a habit of it unless my financial situation becomes considerably more stable some time soon. It is a good point though, this car could equally be a stunning luxury cruiser or be a wicked drifter if enough money was thrown at it, it's hard not to try to do it all.
    The dream plan really is to make this a (sort of) sensible daily car and have a bonkers rx7 for proper driving, but i'm realistic and the chances of ever achieving that are a bit slim.