Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Pimp My Soarer

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by RTLKyuubi View Post
    spotted a lexus vip car the other day and they look amazing, alot of road presence but not shouting out at you saying "look at me!"
    :P

have a sexy pic
    Otehr than the slightly tenuous link to the brand, how the fcuk is that relevant to this thread? (other than the 'look at me' part...)

I'm waiting till they are finished until i pass judgement - the FEED items are awesome, and really suit the lines of the FD they are made for, but i'm not so sure about similar items on the bulbous shape of the Soarer.

What are you covering them with? pleeeease don't say carbon effect vinyl...
    Last edited by Si; 12-08-2008 at 11:53.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTaylor200 View Post
    Will reserve judgement on the 'shelves' untill finished...
    I agree, will probably look daft until you have wheels on her aswell. I'll save my comments till then. Good luck with them though, looks like an intresting idea.

Rides
    Surely passengers are just going to step on those skirts and rip them off?

I've not really seen anything like them before, so am going to have to wait until i've seen the finished article before deciding what I think.

At the moment they remind me of the running boards you get down the side of Discoverys and Cherokees.

Rides
    They look good so far... would be interested to see the finished product.

There's a dc2 plant pot build mugen style intake on itr-dc2.com

DIY FTW

Rides
    Not trying to spam your thread, but these are the FEED originals:

Love the look as they follow the lines of the front splitter, but i'm not sure there's anything to continue the lines on the Soarer?

Rides
    Yeah there is a little imagination involved at the moment to see what it may look like, don't worry I won't be doing what every 17 year old male in the country does with their first car (i.e put one ludicrous body mod on a stock motor) the finished sills won't go on until wheels and lowering has been sorted, but it is the only mod I can afford to do right now (i.e free) so they might sit in my garage for 3 months until I fit them but at least they are done. And the advantage of them costing me nothing is that I will have no misgivings about slinging them in a skip if they don't look any good. For that I will be relying on your opinions as well as mine, so when they are done feel free to give negative comments, i'm sure you don't need telling though.

Johnny, I don't rate your 'put down someone trying new things' attitude to be honest, but I can understand they are hard to picture until finished.

Si- "carbon fibre effect vinyl" there I said it. Do you have a better alternative? plain black?

Rides
    I'm thinking plain black could look good - satin for an OEM style subtlety maybe? I guess from your past posts they will be vinyl covered? Speedline imports are doing some similar for the FD, but in black, and they look pretty good. I'm just wary that the carbon effect really could look a bit tacky.

Rides
    Yakko, the skirts only protrude to exactly vertical from the bottom of the door, so the passenger (or me) would have to wedge their foot inbetween the skirt and the sill in order to rip them off so they should be safe, more chance of kicking a deep drifty type skirt really.

Once I have shaped it and wrapped it, I may do a sneaky photochop on some bigger wheels and lowered to get a slightly better impression.

Rides
    As a slight aside, Speedline are also doing some rear spats to try to bring the lines round - to give you a few ideas:

I must admit to not being too keen

Having sat in a car with them, i can confirm that, as Dan says, it's very difficult to catch them on the way out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandan View Post
    Johnny, I don't rate your 'put down someone trying new things' attitude to be honest, but I can understand they are hard to picture until finished.
    Thats ok, Si has answered my question with that picture, and I see what you are trying to do now.

I think it will look daft unless you also do as you say, and make one for the front splitter so it follows the line of the splitter like an over grown undertray that sticks out.

Rides
    thansk for the pics Si, I was looking for that blue car pic. FEED's are a lot sharper front and back, they stop very suddenly, I might have to adjust for that. I quite like those rear spats actually, didnt think that could work but maybe just maybe... might look odd from the rear though?

You might be righto n the colour, but I can change that as many times as I like, so it's all good.

Johnny, yeah that would be the plan to follow onto the front, luckily the skirt i have made lines up nicely with the bottom of the front splitter so it's looking promising...

Rides
    As you quite rightfully say though - it's free (well, a few hours of your time) so give em a bash

I'd looka t a similar front splitter to match up the lines though, if you can get it to a similar level?
    As a warning though - you'd be surprised the forced that are put on it! secure it well!

Rides
    oh, it might be hard to see in my really dark pictures, but do you think I should remove the front mudguards and re-shape the front of the skirt?

Rides
    With that pic of the FD, I understand the look you're going for. Looks awesome.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the finished results.

(As for covering, my vote goes for satin black).

Rides
    When the skirts are completely finished and matched to a similar style kit i dont see why they wont look

Rides
    Hi everyone, good news, I have upped my pimp status considerably, by getting myself into a little bit of debt and splurging on some new wheels! Hurrah!

19x8.5 et35 and 19x9.5 et35, 235/35 and 265/30
    They are Cruize 190 (Whooooooo?) but they look pretty tasty to me, and the best bit is they are a bolt on replacement, bolt on 19's! Pimp.

(The pictures all seem a little dark on my computer but I think it may be my monitor so hopefully most of you can see them ok.)

A couple of shots for the offset police:

Can I go now officer?

Now that's a better footprint:

Old and new, weirdly, almost exactly the same rolling radius:

Well Pleased.

In other news, side skirt covered, stuck on temporarily, photo's taken, opinions required.

Sorry, those pic really are dark, not sure what my bro (camera man) is playing at, I will not be able to lighten them till lunchtime i'm afraid.
    So what's the consensus?

Rides
    Side skirts look really good

Sorry, but I'm depressed and astounded that you shunned the Equips for what appear to be eBay faux split rims It's like kicking a puppy
    And unfortuantely there's no offset stamp of approval going on here
    Last edited by Si; 22-08-2008 at 07:28.

Rides
    The wheels have made a world of difference to that skirt ... looks like it has always been there !

Rides
    Wheels look quite nice, but I reckon 15/20mm spacers all round would make them look a lot more agressive

Rides
    Very nice, wheels and skirts look good. Although I think the wheels are a bit stealth-pimp.