Thread: S14a + 1 happy new owner = this thread

Rides

Smile S14a + 1 happy new owner = this thread

Hi all ! new member and new owner all the way from sunny Cyprus.

Its a black JDM s14a non-turbo and Ive only had it for less than a week but i think its safe to say she's the one! i thought i got a lemon when i first washed it and found that every single body panel needs a fresh coat of paint but it sounds and drives as well as it did when new (i guess).all the power is there, delivery is smooth and the variable cam timing thingy works as it should. i guess my only worry is that the synchros have gone as i cant seem to get it into 4th without geting a crunch without rev-matching. any ideas why? whatever the problem is, im in the process of figuring out what fluids to use for my car and the hot weather out here and then after a FULL service the cars going up on the rollers to see if all 160 odd ponies are still there. and then a full respray!

Thanks for reading, i know its long and im such a noob for doing it.

George

Rides
    hi mate welcome from sunny cyprus. i have a friend in cyprus called james macklin? long shot if you know him?

anyways are you going to do a conversion to SR20DET? the N/A's are still good but tubby are FTW

dont know much about gearboxes im sure someone else will fill you in. sounds like syncro mesh is gone.

Rides

Rides

welcome

awrite geo, welcome 2 the

Rides
    Welcome to the SXOC! What part of Cyprus are you in? & get some pics up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    thanks for the welcome. im from the capital nicosia and no i dont think i know james. as for a det conversion...hmmm... maybe.. or all motor.. its too soon to say. pics on the way, as soon as olympus decides to recall the sp-350 and give me a replacement. had to take it to jessops twice to get it fixed when i lived in the uk and now the lens is stuck in the extended position and the thing wont even switch on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawk View Post
    hi mate welcome from sunny cyprus. i have a friend in cyprus called james macklin? long shot if you know him?

anyways are you going to do a conversion to SR20DET? the N/A's are still good but tubby are FTW

dont know much about gearboxes im sure someone else will fill you in. sounds like syncro mesh is gone.
    just realised i might know him. is james an ex s15 owner?