Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Groupbuy

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DaV View Post
    Hmm, which company did you send the stuff with? Its probably sat at their depot, I hope If thats the case I'll pick it up from there after work
    Hi Dave

Here are the details I have:-

Parcel number: PBWZ8094423001

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event
    18-12-2008 17:26 Bristol North Depot Returned to depot
    18-12-2008 09:27 Bristol North Depot Attempted delivery - item refused
    18-12-2008 01:21 Bristol North Depot Out for delivery
    17-12-2008 23:03 Bristol North Depot Arrived at delivery depot
    17-12-2008 07:53 National Hub Sorted in hub
    16-12-2008 17:56 Welwyn Garden City Depot On route to hub
    16-12-2008 16:32 Welwyn Garden City Depot Collected from customer

HTH Dan

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbos14a View Post
    Dan
    I am quite concerned with regard to the fitment of the dual exhaust that M@1975 is having fouling issues with. I have not attempted to fit it yet so cannot comment as to whether mine also fouls but I am assuming all the dual exhausts were manufactured to be the same.

Unfortunately I cannot afford to test whether or not I will have the same issues as I cannot afford to pay a garage 4 hours labour.
    I'm going to fit a Dual exhaust on a S14a on Saturday so will understand more of whats wrong then if you can hold on till then and I will let you know if there are any issues I'll get them rectified and will be send out a new modified exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by elgringo View Post
    Hi Dan, i haven't recieved anything here either just wondering if it went with the same courier as DaV?
    Yours will be leaving in the new year seeing as there are fitting issues with a few items I didn't see the point in sending them out until I have made the necessary changes

Apologies for any inconvenience though

Dan

Rides
    Cheers Dan, no problem thanks for letting me know!

Rides
    Thank you for the info Dan

Rides
    will you be fitting a single exhaust dan just to make sure its not my fitting thats causing it to touch the sub frame?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiiiya View Post
    Hi Dan,

Have my S14a radiator been sent already ? Thanks for the update
    Hi Dave,

Same question as above. Has my S14a radiator been sent to France already ? If yes could you please send me the tracking number as I did not receive it yet ?

Thanks

Rides
    Picked up the stuff from the depot a couple of hours ago, looks good Dan cheers

Rides
    Mmm sweeties

Rides
    Hi from the good ol' US of A Merry Christmas for tomorrow

Glad your getting the bits sorted out Dan Goes to show why we would spend the money with a UK business rather than the cheaper prices from China. You have the power to sort it out Thankyou for all your hard work

Rides
    Right now I am trying to install the Radiator and the fitment is... Awkward. The upper pipe that goes to the radiator is in the way of the original IC piping and the radiator is too high, I think it touches with the hood, and that's even without the rubber bushings that the original has. I will try to get it sorted, but I think the only way you can fit this radiator is with a FMIC kit I'm guessing.

I know it's not your fault, i'm only telling it here to save some people to go through the hassle I'm going

Edit: To put the radiator with the original IC you have to remove the lower part bushings of the radiator, make some new brakets for the AC fan as the holes are 5 or 6 cms off center, make new radiator upper supports and cut and rotate the upper hose to not to touch the IC piping. Simple, but it takes time. I will post pictures once is finished if you guys like
    Last edited by Turu; 27-12-2008 at 15:14. Reason: New info

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    will you be fitting a single exhaust dan just to make sure its not my fitting thats causing it to touch the sub frame?
    Mine touched the subframe too mate. I havent fitted it because its gonna bang like hell and eventually crack I reckon

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Turu View Post
    I will post pictures once is finished if you guys like
    Yes please

Rides
    Dan, you get anywhere with fitting and modding the dual exhaust? After having ours on for a while it's now too low for us to use the car really. Now it's "settled" it's too low for us to go anywherre but to the shops and back.

Rides
    Hi Dan,

I don't suppose there's any chance of sending my decat silencer this week is there?

I also need to know what the outstanding balance is as I've already paid the deposit.

Graham

Rides
    Dan any comments on the issues people are having with the rads i hav,nt fitted mine yet but looks like it dnt fit.

Rides
    Overall fitting of the radiator. It looks like it touches the hood but it doesn't (At least in an S14):

This is how the IC piping gets in the way of the radiator hose, you have to cut and rotate the hose to make it fit:

And these are the brackets I made to put the radiator, they are not real good, but the only tool I used for this was a rubber hammer and my hands, I will make them better next time...

This ones are the upper radiator brackets:

And this other ones are some brackets you have to make because the bolts of the fan and the cover are way too low to make them fit:

Actually, I didn't put the cover of the fan as I found it physically impossible.

The time that it took me was about 8 hours. Half of them were thinking how the hell wil it fit, so, now that you guys know that it actually fits and what you have to do, a person that is somehow experienced in this could make it in approx. 3 hours or less.

Hope this info helps a bit

Rides
    Hi All

Dan is currently indisposed (has injured his eye and cannot see ). It's repairing itself, but very slowly, so just letting you know that you may not get a response until (hopefully) Mon 5th Jan '09 at the latest. I hope this does not cause you many problems, but please rest assured that he will get onto all of these questions as soon as he can

M@1975 - the dual exhuast is now fitted to my 14a- it went on fine. Just to check, did you mount the bracket where it bolts on to the chassis (about half way along the exhaust)? If thats not bolted up, then it will hang too low.
    Hope this helps.

Thank you

Amy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mags200 View Post
    dan get u get my email? need details to pay the money, can do it tomorrow if you want.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mags200 View Post
    Hi Mags200

You have PM

Cheers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    M@1975 - the dual exhuast is now fitted to my 14a- it went on fine. Just to check, did you mount the bracket where it bolts on to the chassis (about half way along the exhaust)? If thats not bolted up, then it will hang too low.
    My garage fitted the exhaust and yes it was fixed to the chassis, as you can see from the pics I posted before and the ones below the exhaust hangers are all way too long and the exhaust sits 2-3 inches lower than the run of the original