Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S13/S14 possible ae86 of the future?????

Rides
    So are the s bodies getting rare enough for ye yet??I am coming across a lot of people looking for them and a lot of people are looking hard to find a clean one
    I did see a s14 that had been painted with brown ronseal or some other shite advertised for around the 4k mark and wtf someone bought it

Rides
    holy thread revival batman!
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    He's right though, they're super rare over here. It's gotten incredibly difficult to own and run a daily Japanese sportscar in this country. Between the 700 EUR road tax, insurance companies who don't want to know, and rising cost of fuel, it's a lot more practical for most people to have daily and a track car instead.

I do think there are clean s-bodies out there, but I think people are squirreling them away until they qualify for cheap classic insurance (up to 1994 now!)

Rides
    ok i can say with certainty, i've called and texted a lot of ppl into the nissan scene atm, and cant find an s13 nevermind a clean one... they have been snatched up and locked away. i offered sally's owner cash tomorrow as he is going to canada for a while but he said not a hope, she'll be locked up and enjoyed when he's back. so anyone looking for an s13 now has 2 options; throw A LOT of money (we're talking the greater side of 7k) out for one, or dont get one lol. even for me to import one (a plain enough one) from UK would see the gutts of 5k vrt'd, tested and taxed with all flights etc.... which, in fairness is alot of money to be spending on a UK 200sx... S14 are easily gotten, with about 5 for sale in ireland currently, so we can safely say they have NOT reached the status of ae86, whereas im certain a good s13 HAS.

personally, i traced a 290bhp+ car for under half my budget....
    not something i could say if i was looking at nissans (its not a nissan lol)
    and as much as i want an sbody, i have to admit that currently there just isnt one out
    there that would suit my criteria... maybe next year LOL...
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    if they're not a daily you can still insure them TP with Campion insuracne. Mine is 375 for the year.You need to have a second car insured though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    if they're not a daily you can still insure them TP with Campion insuracne. Mine is 375 for the year.You need to have a second car insured though
    Does that cover fire & theft also James? I looked into it in the past and they were only doing basic third party cover.

Rides
    first ireland are pretty good for quotes were with my S15 anyway beat libery by 400 euro and axa were good aswell once your over 30 there will insure yeah.

2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R

Rides
    There was a nice s14 sold in Shannon about a month ago neelie for about 4k
    I have yet to buy a car from donedeal and I have bought a few cars over the past 15months including a kouki 180sx

Rides
    I may have accidentally bought an s14 again, they seem to be getting very thin on the ground was looking out for an s13 but didn't see anything in budget.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Does that cover fire & theft also James? I looked into it in the past and they were only doing basic third party cover.
    Unfortunately no but seeing as they were the only ones that would quote at a reasonable price i took it.Going to see if i can wangle TPFt this year

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J View Post
    There was a nice s14 sold in Shannon about a month ago neelie for about 4k
    I have yet to buy a car from donedeal and I have bought a few cars over the past 15months including a kouki 180sx
    Most good cars never make it to donedeal. They sell through word of mouth!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hi_im_fil View Post
    Most good cars never make it to donedeal. They sell through word of mouth!
    This is true, and seems to be happening more and more. No bad thing necessarily, but can be difficult to find what you're looking for if you don't know who to talk to.