Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black 280BHP S13 For Sale £1950

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rowanh View Post
    Hi, id be interested in this, whats the story with the alternator, is it possible for you to get it changed? Im in Ireland so id much prefer a running car.. Does it need anything else done?
    To be fair if I get it running the price should really go up, the price for these sort of cars running is in the 2500-3000 bracket, and the car is worth this in parts alone.

I have tried to be honest in the advert and let people know everything wrong with car in the description at the top of the page.

Rides
    Whereabouts in london are you matey?

I'm getting more and more tempted by this as time goes on, but would like to come over and make sure i can get it running, guess it needs a new alternator, few fuses checked over etc do you think that the jump leads the wrong way round could've buggered a few other bits (ecu / starter for example)
    I'm not too worried as they're cheap enough to replace

what happens when you go to turn the key? i thought a buggered alternator would only stop the battery charging, not the car starting?

Rides
    The lights illuminate on the dashboard but the engine does not turn over, the jump leads were connected for a couple of seconds and then removed, I am reliably informed that alternator is the first port of call then the ecu.

I am in Putney FYI

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Stidi View Post
    i thought a buggered alternator would only stop the battery charging, not the car starting?
    with a fully charged battery it will start with no alternator fitted at all, if nothing else is blown which is doubtfull imo.

If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't fu**ing drive one.

Rides
    The alternator is still connected, so it would affect the engine turning over!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    The alternator is still connected, so it would affect the engine turning over!
    im sorry but it wouldnt affect the engine turning! even if the altinator was completly siezed solid if you got the engine cranking it would force the belt to slip even on a siezed alternator.

Rides
    Ok then we will have to agree to differ, but that has given me another idea so thanks for that

Rides
    Hey whats the argument here , Mark is just trying to be straight up, and hes a top bloke, did loads of work for me on my Zed, never a problem and always helpful, and strictly an honest geezer. Id have no problem buying off him - ifn I had the monay hahahah

Rides
    Bump

Rides
    Bump, now considering offers or part ex?

Rides
    i crossed my leads together and the first thing to go was the main fuse for the alt in the engine bay. if it doesn't start after that it's possible the earths have burnt off somewhere

Rides
    Bump

Rides
    Interested in a part ex for a Celica GT? And £400 cash your way?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/676561.htm

Let me know

Rides
    sweet car

Rides
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for the offer, but it would be one hell of a petrol bill for delivery?

Rides
    May be breaking this soon, so last chances to get this as a whole car!

Rides
    If your interested in the Celica, Ill deliver at my cost.

Rides
    £1500 if someone wants to take it away as I am too lazy to fix it, or it will be broken in the next week!

Thanks for the offer simon but being logical another car is not a good idea atm!

Rides
    Mark,
    I've been watching this thread for a while, and 2k was just a little too much for a car that didn't run. However, at £1500...
    Do you mind if I turn up this weekend with 1500 notes, a multimeter and some fuses, and an alternator from a scrappy (or starter motor, whatever I think is needed by the weekend after asking a few questions) and try and fix it?
    (If not, someone who can tow, please save it from being turned into bits!! )
    If yes have you tried a different battery since the jump lead incident? (maybe just that battery is shot now, not enough power to turn at all?)
    Has it turned at all since you got it out the garage, maybe it turned slowly before you tried the jump leads?
    I just think, if it's just not turning, that's gotta be fixable. If the dash lights up as normal then the ECUs at least mostly all there
    Oh, and of course I'd bring WD40 and gaffa tape

Rides
    Pm'd