Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What tyres for 10.5j & 9.5j

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil180sx View Post
    The rear wheels are on and they do look incredible its been flared thanks to pablo13! unfortunately it was already lipped in japan an they did a BAD job of it using loads of filler an cuts in the lip every half inch or so, it didn't flare smoothly as a result i'll book it into a bodyshop when i get some cash

I will post pics when its finished
    oh dear, cutting it is such a bodge, I can imagine what it looks like now

Rides
    Pics pics pics! Shame about the arches

Rides
    I can imagine what it looks like now
    It wouldn't look so bad if the rest of the wasn't so beautifull, i kinda like the rat used drift car look but the hole car has to have the same theme to look kool!!!!

Pablo got the shape to the best it would allow him with the arch tool before the cuts spread (split) to much. Needs work with a taping hammer an then smoothing with about 10kg of filler

Pics pics pics! Shame about the arches
    Don't think there's much point as you would

Rides
    opps that what happens when you cut them, if it had been properly rolled in the first place there wouldn't have been a problem - unlucky.

Rides
    heres some pics of the 17x 10 +25 with 255/40/17 tyres, they stick out around an inch

what should i do to try get this sorted, i have the lips rolled already,will a flare sort it and will i get different size tyres?

ive ordered rear spats and side skirts
    Last edited by mr mugen; 30-07-2008 at 23:21.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mr mugen View Post
    heres some pics of the 17x 10 +25 with 255/40/17 tyres, they stick out around an inch

what should i do to try get this sorted, i have the lips rolled already,will a flare sort it and will i get different size tyres?

ive ordered rear spats and side skirts
    Do they rub ATM?

Stand the car on the subframe at the rear, undo the bolt and knock the shock off the bottom of the hub. Pop a jack under the wheel, apply hand brake and jack wheel up in to arch carefully to avoid crushing arch and catching the shock. The rim swings in a lot as it goes up.

Looks like a small flare is in order

Rides
    If the tread sticks out, then your need it flared or more strech, mines an 10.5in using 245 an you got 10in 12mm less so 235 40 should give a nice strech???

Nice wheels

Rides
    yes you need to cover the tread

I think the arch work is the answer, stretching a 235 over a 10 will be difficult

doesn't look like it needs much at all

Rides
    Phil did my arches and I'm running a 275 with 10J with lower offset than +25 and I've got loads of room to spare!!

Rides
    should i stick with the 255/40's? i can do a straight swap for 245/40's if it helps any bit

it should only need a small flare so?

hopefully the paint wont crack and the rear spats and sideskirts should take care of the part of the arch that isnt flared

any pics of the 10.5's with the flared arches?

Rides
    If you can find a place that will swap yours for 245 40s i would say do it

I'll post a pic later when i get home from work, but as i said earlyer in this thread my arches were cut an filled in japan as a result they have split an look rough! the cars stance / wheels etc makes it look sexual eventho

Rides
    Lol I knew you couldnt resist Juat stand well back when you take the shot
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Sry guys i was busy yest my car wouldn't start hope its the battery, anywho i'll take a pic tonight from my neighbors garden lol

Rides
    been trying to get my car going again sorted now The battery is relocated to the boot an the wires run down the drivers side to the engine bay, one of the wires that make connection in the engine bay was very loose

here's the pic of my arch, the rain makes it look about 50% better lol

Rides
    well at least the line through the upper 1/4 looks spot on by the reflections, so thats something to be happy about, the knackered arch put no stress on the bodywork above it I hate doing S13 flares, so risky, look so good but a big chance of denting the 1/4

I thinks Pauls done the best with what he had to work with there once they cut it you'll always need to weld it up and filler it

Rides
    looks well, im waiting on the 245/40's then i can go about getting them flared, interested to se the pics of when the bodywork is finished

is there any problems on the front?

Rides
    I've got 255/35 on my 18x10.5s. They're a bit stretched. Almost too much for my taste. Will do pics tomorrow.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDunn View Post
    I've got 255/35 on my 18x10.5s. They're a bit stretched. Almost too much for my taste. Will do pics tomorrow.

did the paint crack much when you flared the arches?it would be ideal if i could get the same job as that

i got kouki rear spats but i think ill need a rear bumper to cover the tyres

could you get a pic of the car at the rear?

Rides
    My car was resprayed after. Phil did the arches, spent a long old time on them (perfectionist). Can't really remember if they cracked much? Phil?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mr mugen View Post
    did the paint crack much when you flared the arches?it would be ideal if i could get the same job as that

i got kouki rear spats but i think ill need a rear bumper to cover the tyres

could you get a pic of the car at the rear?
    Whether or not the flare is a success depends a lot on the quality of the car, original paint, no rust, no repairs etc are good, anything else and it will be almost impossible to get a smooth crack free finish - except if the paint is good.

See above for what happens when the car isn't "ideal"

There's more on my website about risks of flaring etc

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDunn View Post
    My car was resprayed after. Phil did the arches, spent a long old time on them (perfectionist). Can't really remember if they cracked much? Phil?
    Hmm, I remember a few "issues"