Thread: Nur Spec vid?

Rides

Nur Spec vid?

Hey,

Does anybody have a decent quality vid of an sr20 running through a nur spec r? I'm looking to buy a second hand one but i'm not sure what they sound like (I heard one on a standard ca18 years ago).

Any vid clips of one would be awesome

Rides

Rides
    Got this one.......not great as its a phone vid but is a stage 2 s14a with one on(decatted etc)

Rides
    You guys rock

That does make me want one

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_black View Post
    You guys rock

That does make me want one
    Yep

Rides
    Do you guys think that a nur which is 4yr old and has been at some point on a beeR will be alright? Say £300? Bad deal?

Rides
    I'd check if the rear box has any rattle at all, as its known the baffles can come loose making it rattle on idle.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_black View Post
    Do you guys think that a nur which is 4yr old and has been at some point on a beeR will be alright? Say £300? Bad deal?
    My Nur Spec (CA) recently developed a crack at one of the hangers, which I welded and made a support bracket for. Was meaning to post some pics up but was too busy.

However 300 is still allot for a 2nd hand zorst. You can get them quite cheap these days from Japland.

Rides
    mine

Rides
    You could have a custom back box made for that, and get it too sound like you wanted.

Rides
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I currently have an apexi which seems quiet on idle but really opens up when you give it the beans. Still I miss the droning mental noise my RX7 exhaust used to chuck out so I would like to go for something louder.

I was going to cut up the silencer on the apexi but my friend has kind of convinced me it will lose it's awesome 'tone' and will just be a mass of spluttery volume (his car had the same thing done to it on his apexi).

The nur spec looks like it's the next thing for me, I am quite put off this second hand exhaust though. I think I might give it a month for some more funds and buy either a low mileage one if one comes up, or i'll buy one from new.

I'll be selling the apexi afterwards so if anybody wants a really nice sounding exhaust - but a little too quiet for a noise addict- drop me a pm I'll take some video clips as well.

Rides
    Don't worry, 2nd hand isn't that bad, maybe mine cracked cause my hanger was to tight or by something else as I never heard other people saying it.

The sound is awesome. Loud, but awesome. However I think perception has to do with it. Some people call my exhaust unbelivebly untolerated pain gruesomly loud..I just call it loudér..I did allot of long trips with it and never had a problem with the sound. At least you don't hear the tire-noise :P .

Only problem is, that on track there is a sound limit which the Nur likely exceeds so that a bit of a bummer...

Rides
    Yeah the clips make them sound real good

Who would recommend retailers to buy them from? I see apex does them for £470 ish.

Rides
    an old one of mine staying under boost (ish )
    my 200sx driving about