Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: Weve all had it...

  1. #41
    Guest Silvia Surfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Shields
    Posts
    187
    Rides
    0
    I was at the RSCS show a few weeks back and the usual dumb people, (all over the age of 20 I might add) said nice, is it a skyline?
    Then, some little 6/7 year old kid comes over with his mate of about the same age and says 'hey nice Silvia!!!!!!!!!!!'
    He put everyone to shame he did!

  2. #42
    Guest Jem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Stamford, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    15,052
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDunn View Post
    When I had a Soarer, I was asked if that was a Skyline. I mean, how?
    I've had that too Had one person think it was an Alfa, another that thought it was a Corvette but most don't have a clue what it is. Then you say it's a Toyota Soarer and they say, 'Oh my mate's got a Lexus Soarer', you correct them and tell them it's a Toyota and they look all

  3. #43
    Guest schumi84's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Ewell, Surrey
    Posts
    3,075
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    Is he ?????
    Or could be Michael from The Apprentice

  4. #44
    I Love mike Brewer )o( Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,859
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    Is he ?????
    not sure, we are debating it at the mo LOL

  5. #45
    Guest Paul14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Welling
    Posts
    1,324
    Rides
    0
    I've had the skyline thing a couple of times, was sitting in a drive through once, as i got up to chuck the rubbish in the bin a builder gets out of his van at the same time

    Builder:- Is that a skyline?

    Me:- Nah its a 200sx

    Builder:- Oh right, I thought it was a skyline being a T reg


  6. #46
    Banned Vova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Maastricht, Netherlands
    Posts
    3,115
    Rides
    0
    Never got the Skyline thing, however I did manage to convice some girls it was a classic Ferrari by popping the lights, like the Testarossa from Magnum P.I. ...however some numnuts think its a Mazda 323

  7. #47
    Guest give_me_the_wor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    122
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    I've never had the Skyline thing...

    Although when I got it.. my mum said 'oh, it looks exactly like your old car..' (a Mk2 MR2 ... )
    haha lol yeah thats exactly what my mum said when i brought the new car home (my previous car was a mk2 mr2 as well)

  8. #48
    Guest Dave270r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sudbury
    Posts
    5,491
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vova View Post
    Never got the Skyline thing, however I did manage to convice some girls it was a classic Ferrari by popping the lights, like the Testarossa from Magnum P.I. ...however some numnuts think its a Mazda 323
    That's because you have an S13

  9. #49
    Guest Fordy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    3,035
    Rides
    0
    i had one girl looking straight at the nissan badge on the bonnet asking what car it was? . . i replied its a 200sx . . she replied no what make is it

  10. #50
    Guest diamondsink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,885
    Rides
    0
    A friend went to the recovery yard to see his old 200 smashed.

    The stupid kid working there said, Oh my god i thought is was my car when i came in and that somebody had nicked it.

    Friend- so you got a 200 then?

    Stupid kid- yeah a skyline.

    Friend- but this is a 200

    Stupid kid- yeah i know mine is exactly the same i thought it was mine.

    Friend so have you got a 200 or a skyline.

    Stupid kid- yeah a 200 skyline!

    What the **** he says he owns skyline but cant tell the difference between it and a 200sx.
    He still bought the leather seats including he rears for 200 and a set of wheels so he must have something wether it be a skyline or a 200. Could stop pissing my self when my friend told me about it.

  11. #51
    Guest
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    3,920
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vova View Post
    Never got the Skyline thing, however I did manage to convice some girls it was a classic Ferrari by popping the lights, like the Testarossa from Magnum P.I. ...however some numnuts think its a Mazda 323
    Is there some remake or something? Magnum had a 308GTS

    I had some people think mine was a Ferrari too Also had some kids take pictures of it while waiting in a Mc Donalds que

    I miss it

  12. #52
    Guest Egon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Old dartford towne...
    Posts
    8,649
    Rides
    0




  13. #53
    Guest japmadlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Armagh, N.Ireland
    Posts
    1,546
    Rides
    0
    usually get the skyline comment or else the what is it. best was just after I got the S15. fella asked what it was. I replied ' its a sylvia ' to which he replied oh a toyota

  14. #54
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    wirral
    Posts
    1,761
    Rides
    0
    I got asked if mine was a skyline when filling up with petrol once. To my reply "no" he then said "well do a burnout anyway when you leave"

  15. #55
    Guest DJBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    1,206
    Rides
    0
    There isnt many 200 round where I live so Im always getting the 'skyline' comment. Had some kid tell me his dad had the same car the other day....I know his dad and he's got a r33 gts...little bit different!!

    I now seem to get the 'i saw you the other day'.......even though it wasnt, you'd think the wobbly front bumper and BGW would give it away if it was!!

    Best thing though...my 3 year old daughter knows what my car is!!Training her well!

  16. #56
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London, near Heathrow
    Posts
    844
    Rides
    0
    somebody called my car a nissan primera!!!! What the hell?.....How in gods earth does an s15 look like a primera?!?!

  17. #57
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Yorks
    Posts
    1,998
    Rides
    0
    I just get asked if mine's a MR2 alot...

  18. #58
    Guest Bahnstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    4,393
    Rides
    0
    The guy in my local chip shop commented on my nice "skyliner" the other day.

  19. #59
    Guest Dangerjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    996
    Rides
    0
    Hehe, I get the skyline thing alot.

    The paper boy and his younger mate were at my door the other day and I overheard the younger one say "wow, cool racing car", to which his mate replied, "no get it right, its a drift car".

    Its mainly the playstation generation that know what it is......

  20. #60
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    1,314
    Rides
    0
    I totaly agree with the "what is it?" and confused looks when you tell them.

    Alot of folk have said its a 180 cos they think S13s are 180s cos its a 1.8t and 200s are s14s cos theyve the 2lt enging.

    The worst is my mate who keeps saying theres a 200 like yours parked over there to which i turn round and see a ford probe. Thats not even a bit amusing

    And last time it was in the garage for new tyres they guy came out and asked me what kind of mazda it was, cos my nissan badge fell off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •