Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1073

Thread: Training goals

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TrIcK^ View Post
    Good results, did my second hiit yesterday and managed to finish it, probably around 80% intensity. Is it advisable to not do it daily?
    Ive heard 3 times a week but I do it mon, tue, wed, sun and I have sat of thurs, Friday swimming

Rides
    Martin get in Dave's lol saying that its full of spice boys now anyway... get a tan and you'll blend in lol

My training went a bit crap (as in strength as i came off creatine) but coming back now but still i'm a bit unsure what to do now so any advice is welcomed, this is the problem im having.. and had for a long while, When im stronger im heavier.. so retaining some water (20, stone 4) but my 1RPM at this weight are, 210kg squat (ass to grass), 155kg bench press, and 290kg deadlift, but i don't like my love handles. So il do a bit of cardio and cut a few carbs and stop the creatine and youll see the water retention come off but my strength drops by probably around 6-8% and its so anoying lol. I feel like ive hit a genetic limit and even if i carried on training my arse off il never be what i want without starting ... extra substances... Im 21 now and been training since 15 (properly) and dont see myself gaining a whole lot more strength as its taken me 3 years to put 35-40kg on my deadlift.

Anyway has anyone got any ideas as im running out of them lol and it seems to all be leading to one solution..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymbob View Post
    Martin get in Dave's lol saying that its full of spice boys now anyway... get a tan and you'll blend in lol

My training went a bit crap (as in strength as i came off creatine) but coming back now but still i'm a bit unsure what to do now so any advice is welcomed, this is the problem im having.. and had for a long while, When im stronger im heavier.. so retaining some water (20, stone 4) but my 1RPM at this weight are, 210kg squat (ass to grass), 155kg bench press, and 290kg deadlift, but i don't like my love handles. So il do a bit of cardio and cut a few carbs and stop the creatine and youll see the water retention come off but my strength drops by probably around 6-8% and its so anoying lol. I feel like ive hit a genetic limit and even if i carried on training my arse off il never be what i want without starting ... extra substances... Im 21 now and been training since 15 (properly) and dont see myself gaining a whole lot more strength as its taken me 3 years to put 35-40kg on my deadlift.

Anyway has anyone got any ideas as im running out of them lol and it seems to all be leading to one solution..
    Cheeky Cnut

My training partner is on steroids and he's become a right fat get! And he is running around 15 miles a day !!

Although his steroids are just for a skin infection he has
    And he'd kick your arse James lol
    Last edited by itrhondaboy; 11-04-2012 at 21:36.

Rides
    lol i didn't know you took a handbag with you on your run lmao

Rides
    lol i didn't know you took a handbag with you on your run lmao
    Lol pwned
    Thats where you keep your dbol
    Last edited by itrhondaboy; 12-04-2012 at 15:54.

Rides
    15 miles a day!? He's huge! How much are you feeding that guy!?!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    15 miles a day!? He's huge! How much are you feeding that guy!?!
    Yep he pisses 15 miles a day
    One bowl of 1/2 kg of raw beef
    It's the steroids that have plumped him up! He is naturally a massive husky but hes now quite fat aswell, he's retaining lots of water as he's not out of shape
    Last edited by itrhondaboy; 12-04-2012 at 16:54.

Rides
    How's everyone doing?

I'm on that last push before summer; worried the calorie deficit and amount of cardio I'm currently working with will lose me some strength, but we'll see. The fat tissue seems to be receding, which is great. Will post a before/after when I get there.

A typical day looks like this:

08:30 - Apple, Cappuccino (Skimmed Milk)
    10:15 - 3x Eggs (Scrambled)
    11:15 - Green Tea
    12:30 - Protein, Creatine, BCAA, L-Glutamine, Water
    13:15 - Gym: Cardio
    15:00 - Fried Steak & Greens
    16:15 - Green Tea
    18:30 - 3x Grilled Chicken Thighs, Sweet Potato, Guacamole
    20:30 - Gym: Shoulders & Back
    21:30 - Protein, Creatine, BCAA, L-Glutamine, Water, Flaxseed Oil
    23:00 - Bed

One thing blatently missing from my diet is green veg. Need to sort that out.

Rides
    Had a cutting month so far this month, went from circa 12 stone 10/12 to 12 stone 6 and i want to drop another couple of pounds by the end.
    My body fat had not dropped much by the start of the month so wanted to see if i could get to 13/14% hence the cutting.

Rides
    Nice; how are you going about it? Diet, cardio, or both?

I don't weigh myself, so unsure what I've lost so far, but the tape measure and mirror indicate the fats coming off. Looking forward to coming off the creatine to see whats underneath the water retention.

Rides
    Just both really, upped my gym visits to 4 per week and did a little more intense cardio.
    Cut back on a few wee things during the day and its come off me nice.

Rides
    gonna look for some help here here as theres way too much stuff on the net.

Basically at about 17 gave up all sports and used to be quite skinny but fairly fit. At 20 no exercise and the beer caught up so im about 5 foot 9/10 at 11 3/4 stone for the last three years or so and just want to loose it. Not heavy heavy but got the old beer belly and double chin at this age aint good.

Over the last month or so cut out all the beer and fizzy drinks, chocolate, taytos, sweets etc. Aswell as this have an ancient exercise bike at home so jump on that about 3 times a week for 30/40 mins alternating beetween fast and slow. Would do an hour walk with the dogs too about 3/4 times a week.

Any way after the month have lost absolutely nothing at all. Think my diet habit isnt helping at all, between college and part time work im always out late etc. Im far from a gluton with food theres times at dinner time id feel hungry and only realise ive had thoast at 8 in the morning and nothing else and tend to eat late at night.

Not too keen on a gym but will if i have to. Could anyone put me in the right direction of typical diets and possibly stuff i could do at home with a bike, dumbells etc to try and shift the unwanted extra bits.

Rides
    Quail ok diet but whats your body weight?

I've sacked off the powerlifting fed up of getting injuries or being anoyed if i can't lift something reached my genetic amount for my age i just can't do anymore and i don't want to take steroids.. fair enough i could probably get pretty dam far but the amount i'd spend on them and food would counter the 5 mins of fame and money you make as you'd probably spend that much on gear anyway and risk you heart, so im leaning up was 20 stone 4 already lost 5 lbs in a week lol.

Diet now is.

9am, porridge oats, apple,50gs protein shake with creatine, 2 eggs

11am, salmon fillet x2 and small potato

1pm, chicken breast,rice and brocolli

3pm protein shake

4pm gym

(back from gym protein shake and creatine)

6pm 2 x chicken breast,onions,garlic,spring onion,peppers,mushrooms, (small amount of pasta)

8pm petit filou's, protein shake,

9pm 1 chicken breast in pitta bread, orange and banana

11pm protein shake and bed

Training wise i've gone back to 70% 8 reps+ bar deadlift where i just do 250kg 5 reps (last 2 working sets)

Just trying to keep as much strength as possible, and ideally looking to be around 18 and a half stone.

Currently at the gym 7 days a week for 84 days.

mon: back and abs
    tue: cardio
    wed: chest and bis
    thur: legs
    fri:shoulders and traps
    sat: triceps, cardio and abs
    sun: cardio

Also trying take my dog out for around a hour every day more calories ftw

Rides

I've sacked off the powerlifting fed up of getting injuries or being anoyed if i can't lift something reached my genetic amount for my age i just can't do anymore and i don't want to take steroids.. fair enough i could probably get pretty dam far but the amount i'd spend on them and food would counter the 5 mins of fame and money you make as you'd probably spend that much on gear anyway and risk you heart, so im leaning up was 20 stone 4 already lost 5 lbs in a week lol.

Diet now is.

9am, porridge oats, apple,50gs protein shake with creatine, 2 eggs

11am, salmon fillet x2 and small potato

1pm, chicken breast,rice and brocolli

3pm protein shake

4pm gym

(back from gym protein shake and creatine)

6pm 2 x chicken breast,onions,garlic,spring onion,peppers,mushrooms, (small amount of pasta)

8pm petit filou's, protein shake,

9pm 1 chicken breast in pitta bread, orange and banana

11pm protein shake and bed

Training wise i've gone back to 70% 8 reps+ bar deadlift where i just do 250kg 5 reps (last 2 working sets)

Just trying to keep as much strength as possible, and ideally looking to be around 18 and a half stone.

Currently at the gym 7 days a week for 84 days.

mon: back and abs
    tue: cardio
    wed: chest and bis
    thur: legs
    fri:shoulders and traps
    sat: triceps, cardio and abs
    sun: cardio

Also trying take my dog out for around a hour every day more calories ftw
    Jesus j how do hell do you get anytime to drive your new car!

Rides
    lol thats what i try to stick to anyway... and thats why it hasnt been anywhere yet lol

Rides
    Just out of interest, what do the guys that are seriously dedicated do it for? To get the ladies, impress the lads, feel like the incredible hulk? basically what drives you?

Rides
    Tiny compared to you; around 12st6 I reckon. For some reason I look a lot heavier than I am, I guess because I'm not particularly tall. Don't have any up to date progress pics, but THIS is what I looked like last summer when I was sitting at 11st11 (blue vest).

Edit - Just weighed and measured myself:

Height: 5'8"
    Waist: 32"
    Chest: 42"
    Weight: 12st6

Determined to remove 2 or 3% bodyfat whilst trying to stay above the 12st line. I'll probably piss out 4-5lbs when I come off the creatine mid-June.

This was my day yesterday. Opinions?

08:30 - Apple, Cappuccino
    10:45 - Green Tea, Vitamin C, Flaxseed Oil
    11:30 - Bacon & Vegetable Cous Cous
    12:30 - Gym: Deadlifts
    14:00 - Steak & Greens in Soy Sauce
    14:45 - Green Tea
    16:10 - Protein, Creatine, BCAA, L-Glutamine, Water
    18:30 - Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry, Rice
    18:30 - Protein, Creatine, BCAA, L-Glutamine, Water

Having a cheat meal tonight (KFC Feast), so having to eat super clean today. Not looking forward to the oncoming sodium hangover!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesx13 View Post
    Just out of interest, what do the guys that are seriously dedicated do it for? To get the ladies, impress the lads, feel like the incredible hulk? basically what drives you?
    Mainly a confidence thing; wasn't particularly happy with my body when I was younger; striving to be truly 100% confident in my body, which I'm not as yet (on the beach!). Other reasons include: to be healthy, to keep the Mrs's attention, to minimise physical intimidation towards me, etc.

I also train my GF, so it's an activity we partake in together. Interestingly, she's the only girl in the weights room!
    Last edited by Quail; 18-05-2012 at 08:11.

Rides
    Quail you need to up the protein dude 261g's a day plus at least half from food and the rest shakes.

With regards to what drives you i properly started 6 years ago when i was 15 but already did some before this. I started to just improve my cardio and build, always been into bodybuilding so trained more for that up until around 18.. when my strength started to stop and i didnt really change size wise...

So i started doing more hybrid lifting and powerlifting/strongman for strength and size due to me actually beating the british deadlifting record for u18's just didnt do a comp... so i was after the juniors u23's.

Anyway long story short i cant really gain anymore strength, probably could a very small bit with getting heavier, but i dont want more weight as i hate the way i look atm and its all been for strength. So just leaning up and changed my training style again to suit. Want more cardiovascular fitness again. I used to be able to do 6.24 for 2000m on the rowing machine (on 10 current) and thats what i want to get back too but keep as much muscle and size with it

Rides
    And be able to eat a fat KFC again

Rides
    I've gone from 14.5 stone to 11 stone since January upto last month was 12 1/2 stone then went through some bad times didn't eat for a week at all I know it's bad but couldn't face food at all just lived off coffee now starting to bang on the lean weight starting getting quite excited about how quickly I seem to be developing compared with when I was fatter