Thread: Jap Auto Parts

Rides

Jap Auto Parts

My on going saga.

I ordered and paid for a replacement engine for my 1987 Mitsubishi L200 pickup truck from Jap Auto Parts. I was told over the phone it was a '45,000 mile engine' and would come with a 3 month warranty. I paid the sum of £822.50 using my credit card on 2nd Jaunuary 2008. I was told it would take a couple of days to arrive, but it took over a month. My mechanic fitted the engine and told me he had great difficulty turning the engine over for the first time. I took delivery of the truck with the replacement engine fitted on 1st March 2008. On the first drive it appeared to be burning a little oil, there was blue smoke coming from the exhaust. About two weeks later the truck was burning excessive oil and broke down, I had to call a recovery truck to get me home. Since mid March my truck has not moved from outside my house, it is still insured, MOT'd and taxed. I have called Jap Auto Parts almost every week, sometimes three times a week to try and get a replacement. For the first couple of months I was told they had another engine and would send it out. The engine never turned up, so I called back and was told the same thing. Until recently I was told weekly an engine was on the way, but they were lies. More recently they picked up my original engine and told me they would 'recondition' it and send it back to me. This round of lies has been going on for nearly two months and still there is no sign of a replacement. Every time I call them I have asked for a receipt for the original transaction, but again they tell me they will send it, but never do.

The whole ordeal has cost me a great deal, I have paid £822.50 for the engine, £709.70 to have the engine fitted and other bits replaced while the engine was out, 5 months tax, MOT and insurance and all this time I have not had the use of my transport (which is also used for business purposes).

I have contracted my credit card company and I am still waiting to hear back from them. They asked for all the paper work, but all I have is the credit card statement and my mechanics invoice for the fitting. I don't even have my half of the credit card purchase.

Thats what I sent to trading standards, Ians credit card company are VERY slow to do anything.

Its almost a Joke when you call them up, the guy we have been dealing with has now gone off 'sick' and his boss speaks such poor English I have no idea what he is saying.

Its getting to the point where I am going to pay them a visit.

At this rate the truck won't be ready for JAE, which is the only show Ian actually wants to attend this year! He had/has plans for it, we were going to fit twin webbers to compliment the SS exhaust and lower it a little.

The truck on the way to JAE

Next to my 200 @ JAE

Rides
    You should have paid them a visit a long time ago!

Rides
    You see these sort of adverts on ebay all the time, every advert has the same wording except for the engine model. All engines are steam cleaned for 'customer satisfaction' and all are under 35k miles 9 out 10 the engine will probably run OK and last until the buyer sells, scraps or crashes the car but you were the 1 in 10 where it wasnt the case is/was there any history to prove the mileage ?

I know it does you know good but I wouldnt buy an engine without seeing it run first, unless I was a) intending on dismantling it anyway OR b) there was very good reason for not seeing it run and I trusted the seller (even this is no a guarantee).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DREAD13 View Post
    You should have paid them a visit a long time ago!
    Its a bloody long way! But soon we'll have to

Rides
    I now also have a problem with the same company, they are now called "partsworld2008" on ebay, so be aware.......
    This is my story, copied from scoobynet, were here was a guy that had the exact same as i.

I payed for a gearbox,shiftlinkade, prop and reardiff., and only got the gearbox,and i do also get the same stories with loaded to a wrong lorry, and is now lost be the freight company,
    I lent my ebay account to a friend, so i want nothing to do with it.

This is the stores i have heard, and my patients is now run out.
    Abou how much do you guys think i scould get my bank to withdraw, for the missing parts, is 600-700£ not the amount that the parts will cost, if i have to buy them somewere else?

they are now called "partsworld2008", and there is also another name, as i got 3 different emails, and there is a ebay account on one more

This is there address: Jap Auto Parts‎
    306/316 Cherrywood Rd, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4UU, United Kingdom‎ - 0121 772 3078‎

/Skassa

Rides
    If you need any help drop me an email

paullen@ntlworld.com

We took them to court and won (easily)! They are complete idiots. A local 200sx owner has also had problems with them. Make sure you report them to trading standards!

Rides
    Glad you won your case! It seems like its far to hard to shut down places like that. On another note though, your truck is the greatest thing ever!!

Rides
    Just thought I would bring this to the top as I have had two emails from fellow SXOC members who have been shafted by these guys.

So please please please people stay clear of these idiots!

Rides
    I remember reading this the first time round. Glad you managed to get it sorted eventually

It unfortunate that more people have since been caught out. Maybe we need a sticky of companies taht are definately worth avoiding

Rides
    I am Polish and I am a member of polish similar Nissan club called Turbokillers( www.turbokillers.com ). By the way,I read all topic about JapAutoParts which all of You were writing about and I have to say that I am next unlucky person, who gave to those idiots my car (Nissan 200sx s13). I am very nervous and disappointed because of this, I lost 950?, I saw them on e-bay and I also thought that it would be really good service but I was wrong! My car is totally not repaired,it is just working,but I have no idea for how long ;( I was calling to them few times,but they were saying that they had no idea on which car I was talking about. Now my car is in a bad condition and I am left without money.I trusted those people and they did my car so bad. There is no day when I am not checking my car and finding new things which they did not repaired.
    I would also like to have my money back,or to make that 'workshop' closed and finish this problem for good.They offer on ebay that they replace all engines and put new ones,but I have got a same old engine,on receipt they wrote 'engine supply and fitting' but it is different from they offer,I wanted new engine,the problem is that I did not buy the auction, I just called to them and they came in to take a car.The car might be ready after 5 days but it took them almost a month,they did not even taking up the phones from me, so I visited them twice.First time I just lost the time and came to them to take the car but I expected it without engine,after long conversation they said to came back in a week,and then it was 'ready'.What is more, I am almost shure that they exchange my turbocharger which was ok and I wanted them to put it back to my car, but they put the other one completely broken which smokes oil. After theirs 'repair' I dont have the same Boost as before which was ok (before-1b, now 0,5b).
    I think that it would be better to put a claim to court in a same time as other people.
    I wrote same mail to Paullen and I wanted to say big thankses to Him for answering me...
    Anyway I am from Cheltenham and I would like to put a claim to the court, but I dont know to which one ( County Court in Birmingham or Cheltenham ).
    I am very glad that I found this club and people who are open to help.

Nero.