Thread: One of those whats it worth thread's!!

Rides

One of those whats it worth thread's!!

Just curious as to what the knowledgeable people of sxoc would fairly value this at!

I have the project thread here- https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....her-project-13

But to sum up.

-Full underbody refurb
    -All welding dome properly to the best of my skills (ie cut out and new metal welded in)
    -All cavities dynax'd (waxed)
    -Complete polybush kit
    -New old stock Apex coilovers.
    -New discs, pads and refurbished calipers.
    -New ball joints and wheel bearings, drop links all round.
    -Auto-manual converted.
    -Full unmolested interior. (Drivers seat worn)
    -All trims internal and external present and good condition.
    -CA18Det fully stripped, measured, machined, balanced and rebuilt using oem gaskets, Hastings rings and acl bearings.

Basically the whole underside including everything bolted to it has been either replaced, or refurbished.

BAD BITS.

-Several age related marks/scratches body work dings. Bonnet being the worst area for scratches.
    -Alloys good condition but would benefit a refurb.
    -Gearbox slightly noisy in reverse only.

I do have a price in mind but want others opinions!

(Ignore the sills being grey I have the paint to match them to the body)

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Rides
    £10k minimum IMO
    All the other stuff you’ve sorted.

Rides
    This time last year I would say £12k-£13k, current market £10k is a push and would be closer to £6k-£8k. There seems to have been a recent slow down on second cars/toys of which 200s are these days with the cost of running, owning and now not being able to enter many towns without receiving daily charges for low emission zones.
    Regardless its worth whatever you want to price it at and sell for, you have done a cracking job on this one, I remember the advert and contacting the previous owner to be told I was 20mins too late and you were only up the road from it. Have watched the thread to see how the rebuild went, still gutted I missed it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFIA View Post
    This time last year I would say £12k-£13k, current market £10k is a push and would be closer to £6k-£8k. There seems to have been a recent slow down on second cars/toys of which 200s are these days with the cost of running, owning and now not being able to enter many towns without receiving daily charges for low emission zones.
    Regardless its worth whatever you want to price it at and sell for, you have done a cracking job on this one, I remember the advert and contacting the previous owner to be told I was 20mins too late and you were only up the road from it. Have watched the thread to see how the rebuild went, still gutted I missed it.
    6-8k how has the market declined since last year, have you seen any of the current s13's for sale on ebay, marketplace etc?

Not looking to make a ton of profit but not making a loss lol

Rides
    Yea, I look every day, these cars are a virus, once you've had 1 you will always want another, there is just something about them that I strugle to find with any other car, having owned over 30 in the last 20 years and currently with 2 S15’s and 4 S14s all sat rotting away around my house Im itching for a decent S13 but know my price cap and the value I place on them.

The market decline is mainly due to economies world wide collapsing, inflation rates still rising, cost of living rising, introductions of more emission zones, and social media dreamers, for example even though the Yen has recently collapsed it is still cheaper to import an S-Chassis from Canada and America than Japan when factoring in shipping costs duty and tax which is just nuts. It may stabilise and rise by next year but with the S15 being available to finally import to America it will spike and bounce back briefly and then settle again when the niche becomes the norm. Right now advertised cars are ridiculous prices and either not selling or selling below advertised prices. There are so many better options of car available for the current advertised prices.
    I say if you want to sell set your price at what you want for it and be solid, don’t budge at some point someone will buy it straight away or after sitting a while, but don’t make a loss.

Im tempted to place 1 of my S14s on ebay at 99p start no reserve just to see what they actually sell for. Maybe Im just too old and remember the good old days of buying an S14 for sub £1k and smashing it around the track then buying another one for sub £1k and repeating and now I can’t justify current prices in my head.

If I were you I would hold on to it and enjoy it know what you want for it and if anyone ever offers you that amount or above be preppared to sell it when that time comes.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFIA View Post
    I agree with this opinion. The market is in decline followed by inflation. I picked up a bare shell rebuilt s13 project last month for £2500.

Rides
    My initial thought was you'd get £10K. I don't think people are as bothered about auto to manual conversions being a problem anymore. It's mint and absolutely everything important has been done. That said you'll have to wait for a sensible person to buy it and there's not many of those left unfortunately. People shouldn't worry about the gearbox noise either, you can still get some of the bearings for them.