Thread: blow of valve

Rides

blow of valve

do they have a blow of valve as standard, if so is it worth changing to an aftermarket type, any suggestions

Rides
    if you on about a 200sx then yes they have a recirc valve as standard. it is good for around 1 bar so if you aint put the boost up it is still ok. but you can change it for a atmos blow off valve for the noise, but like i have just had to do you can do the pigen mod and let the whole street here the chatter

Rides
    s13 with standard bov?? i didnt think they did, its a can of worms to have one or not but dont put an ebay cheapy or baileys on it, imo Forge motor sport would be the way to go, but have to admit I was going to remove mine, and fit a stainless intake pipe. do a search you will see many different opinions

Rides
    the CA18DET engined s13 did NOT have anything as standard, the SR20DET engined s13 did have a standard re-circ

Banned
    Rides
    Lma grp A dumpvalve caused that much overfuelling on mine i had to remove the head and de-carbon it, so much of a build up the valves had a layer built up on the seat's that they wouldn't close properly, giving the exact same symptoms as burnt valves

Rides
    NO and NO

DVITBFTMFW!

Rides
    lol @ arry!!!!!!!!!

Rides
    ok i dont get it - how does a DV get overfueling ?

1 - we have a DV - AFM meters air - throtle closes and the metered air escapes thru DV - ecu puts more fuel than needed? OK sounds right but what about ....

... 2 - stock car - no DV - AFM meters air in on boost - throttle closes - air goes the other way thru AFM again! AFM should put twice the fuel since the same air passes through it twice? Or dont tell me the AFM can make a difference to air comming one way or the other?

Banned
    Rides
    afm cars measure the air before it enter's the plenum, d/v releases air pressure causing overfuelling....minted flames out exhaust tho ...