Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I would Like to Introduce... Lloyd!

Rides
    Oh crap. So sorry to hear that mate. They really are a man's best friend.

I have an English springer. Has been diagnosed again with mast cell tumours again. Had the last lot removed, but can't see him being cut about again.

Can't imagine life with out them.

Rides
    Sorry to hear this mate. I actually remember you starting this thread all those years ago! I went through something similar albeit with a cat earlier this year so I know how tough it can be. Just fuss him like crazy and take as many pictures / vids as you can! He looks like he's had a good life so far - long may it continue.

Rides
    Well unfortunately today has been "the day".....

Thought it would be right to conclude this thread so it really does cover the whole life of my big lad.

He started last night, not bieng able to settle and shallow breathing, his belly had swelled severely this morning and he was unable to stand, vet said it was because his heart was finally unable to keep up.with demand.

We took him in and made sure he was comfortable and having lots of cuddles and strokes as he slipped away.

There is no way he would have lasted the night and was unable to sit or lie down so we thought it best to give him a happy ending while we was still able to wag his tail and know what a tickle behind the ears was. Instead of dragging him back home and waiting for the inevitable when he's totally exhausted and probably in a lot of pain.

It really is ranking right up there as probably the worst decision I have had to make, but it's nice to know he didn't suffer any more than he had to.

Here is the last picture of him, taken this morning.

Rest in peace little pup, you really were the best dog in the world.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Really sorry for your loss, I don't hang around these parts much any more but I remember you starting this thread way back when. I've just had to make the same decision with my staffy, only had her two years from rescue but she had cancer everywhere. It's heartbreaking but at least they don't suffer and they don't have to deal with the pain. Lots of pictures to remember them with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    So sorry to hear this mate, been in a similar situation myself so can appreciate how you're feeling right now
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Oh crap, not good. Sorry to hear this mate. Sounds like you made the call at the right time - if there ever is such a thing. Pics on page one put a on my face.

Rides
    Sorry for your loss.

It's a incredibly difficult decision to make but it's good that you were able to do it in that manner.

RIP big guy

Rides
    Sad news We have this looming ahead of us in the not so distant future as our lad is now 12 and it messes me up just thinking of it let alone doing it RIP Lloyd, i am sure you made many people very happy
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Feel your pain buddy.

Lost my 18 year old cat and my other cat a couple of months back.

Pets are a big part of your family.
    RIP our furry friends