Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: rb26 s13

Rides

Rb26 s13 bad sx

well i sold my old s13 and bought an r32 gts4 skyline with full gtr running gear. i know but it was only 4k with lots of bits on it. well i missed my s13 so much and hated the 4xtoilet on the skyline ive decided to brake the skyline onto another s13. (r32 gts4 rolling shell going cheap)

i bought the new s13 off sxoc got a good price and a good car. ill get some pics up soon.

i then got lucky and my mate blew his r33 gtst up and had no money to sort it. i bought the whole car with a phucked piston for £550. after braking the car for bits ive made my money back and got my gearbox and crossmember of free.

im not going to fit the silly turbo on the s13. (but it is up for sale with the 50mm wastegate) ive bought a garrett gt35r rollerbearing turbo and 50mm hks wastegate. ive sold the apexi power fc and ordered an apexi djetro. the rb26 has 800cc sard injectors, tubular manifold, alloy rad, big 4" fmic, sard fuel pressure regulator and a few more bits.

i found a company in the usa called syko performance . they do all the brackets and mounts to fit the rb26 and rb25 into the s13. $460 delivered. they say the mounts fit the engine lower into the engine bay so the bonnet doesnt have to be cut about. i asked if it would be different as my car is rhd but they assured me they fit. i also ordered the 2 dvds on how to fit the rb25 into the s13 and how to wire it in. (if anyone wants to borrow them once ive watched them your more than welcome).

im just about to rip the engine out the s13 today so ill keep posted on my progress
    Last edited by gander; 27-10-2008 at 11:35.

Rides
    cool,looks like a good project mate,good luck, is that red s13 in your avitar yours? remember it for sale 6 months ago.....I nearly bought it!!

Rides

was my car mate i built it from standard and i sold it a few months ago. cheap cheap. miss it so much now my new one is red again . will have the same kit as my old one but 50mm wide arches and 9 1/2 x 18 enkei nto3's

Rides
    dontbother with the monuts you were going to get, they are pointless
    You still need to use the skyline xmember etc, if you do a search on ebay.com, a company on there does the kit so its a straight bolt in job

In the projects section, 2 guys doing rb20 swaps have used them

Rides
    im still using the skyline xmember but the mounts they do are. gearbox mounts, rollbar drop mounts and lower engine mounts. straight bolt in. ive already ordered them.

i couldnt find the ones people said were on flebay

Rides
    i used the ones from ebay and it made it so much easier doing the rb converstion

good luck

Rides
    ahhh, it was just to save the hassle of changing racks and bending power steering lines to fit the skyline crossmember

Rides
    thats the reason i went for the mount kit, saved me from having to feck about with things

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by potts85 View Post
    i used the ones from ebay and it made it so much easier doing the rb converstion

good luck
    were they the same as the ones ive ordered?

what was the hardest part of your conversion?

Rides
    nah not the same as yours, the hardest part was massaging the tunnel for the gearbox and that was it really

with the kit i got the sump clears the rollbar which was a bonus

Rides
    yeah the sump was the worry for me. i know ive got to get it modified. the rb25 one fits but is not advised with the rb26. tm going to get the rb26 sump welded up and modified i think.

as for the tunnel. i thought a big hammer would do the trick

Rides
    yeah big hammer

make you you dont do what i did i thought i did it enough but i didnt so now need to some how knock it abit more

Rides
    ah not good. the other option is to fit a gratrac tunnel. pain in the arse with the carpet though.

big hammer it is then. ill keep trying the box for lots of clerance before i do the final install. chers

Rides
    my s13 i bought a few weeks ago.

engine before it came out.

engine out of the car now. pain in the arse as i forgot to take the gear knob off so had to cut the gater off. also found out the reason for the engine not starting. intercooler was blown open.

Rides
    skyline half ripped apart as well

engine out

Rides
    the turbo on the skyline is imense! what is it? what sort of numbers was that engine laying down?

also.....WHY arent you using it!?...be creative

Rides
    turbo is a t72 drag turbo. only done about 300 miles. it was all bolt on bits and the power fc wasnt set up. mental fast though. i didnt drive it much but when the turbo cut in (4500 rpm) it took off. ive never driven a car like it.

the reason im not using it is its much too big for drifting and thats what im after. fast street car i can drift in.

dont you fancy buying it to bolt on yours? cheap cheap

Rides
    looking good

Rides
    very nice but whats wrong with the skyline, seems such a waste to rip one to pieces just for an engine, surely you could have just sold it snd bought an engine for half the price for the s13,

fit the CA to the skyline lol.

those mounts look very nice, i have the fitting kit from american ebay and its really good, and i managed to get the engine and box in together from the top on my own, with the car up on wheels

Rides
    nothing was wrong with the skyline. i had just put a years mot on it. just i know ive got everyting to do the conversion if ive got a compleat car to brake.

works good to at the moment so i dont mind some money at something i like ha ha.

that sounds like a lot of jiggery pokery. im going to bolt it all to the subframe and pull it up.