Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: most powerful S14/s14a's in the UK?

Rides
    Fantastic - I need to stop working on my car myself and drop it off at a decent tuner with a massive turbo and the instructions to call me when its 500bhp.

TBH, the less lag option would probably be best on a 200, esp with the power already in the 500's! Is it a .64 housing at the moment?

Evo's have that extra traction when it all comes on boost I guess.....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Squares View Post
    Fantastic - I need to stop working on my car myself and drop it off at a decent tuner with a massive turbo and the instructions to call me when its 500bhp.

TBH, the less lag option would probably be best on a 200, esp with the power already in the 500's! Is it a .64 housing at the moment?

Evo's have that extra traction when it all comes on boost I guess.....
    yep if i could map a car then id have a crack..but i cant sooooo APT for the win, its been bloody hard tho with all these bull-shite bhp figs floating around we didn't really know what to expect and as everyone says you cant really go by USA power figs,
    yea its the .64 housing at the moment i think its gonna be more than enough to be fair

Rides
    I am sure it will be fine.

Into the 500's is plently I am sure, I am just changing my turbo and I am expecting 380-415bhp ish, which I am sure is more than enough, so another 100+ on top of that to make sure should be ok lol.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing the graphs and hearing your impressions when you get the car back, should be serious.

PS How did you/APT find the quality of the kit? Was it as good as it looked?

Rides
    I am sure it will be fine.

Into the 500's is plently I am sure, I am just changing my turbo and I am expecting 380-415bhp ish, which I am sure is more than enough, so another 100+ on top of that to make sure should be ok lol.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing the graphs and hearing your impressions when you get the car back, should be serious.

PS How did you/APT find the quality of the kit? Was it as good as it looked?

they were just a few pipework issues, as you dont get all the hot-pipe work as you do with a greddy kit, but it was only pipe work stuff really other than that its looked better in the flesh

Rides
    Lovely stuff, I will keep that in mind for the future.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R360-200SX View Post
    Is there anywhere that i could see you spec list ken? pretty please? lol
    Banzai a month or so ago...

So, back to the original question, how many SR engined big power cars are there? I have counted about 4 or 5 so far.

Not forgetting Bren's intended 700bhp beasty!

Also, I'd be interested to know how many are used as a daily drive and not just track cars/garaged all the time.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Banzai a month or so ago...

So, back to the original question, how many SR engined big power cars are there? I have counted about 4 or 5 so far.

Not forgetting Bren's intended 700bhp beasty!

Also, I'd be interested to know how many are used as a daily drive and not just track cars/garaged all the time.
    I would be interested too, but only cars that actually have the power now, not in a few months this or a new turbo that.

Off the top of my head (please change/add too as you see fit):

1) Ken - 501bhp
    2) BenTaylor200 - 480bhp+(?)
    3) Enigma -600bhp+!?!
    4) Bling 500bhp and rising...

anymore?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Bladerider is looking at about 450ish on a T28 derivative

Polo has to be well over 400 now as well Id guess and the next engine will be more
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    1) Ken - 501bhp
    3) Enigma -600bhp+!?!
    5) Nismo Pete 430bhp

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Bladerider is looking at about 450ish on a T28 derivative

Polo has to be well over 400 now as well Id guess and the next engine will be more
    Noted.

Is Bladey running that HKS Step3 top end at 9000000000rpm?

Rides
    Nope but he's actually making 503hp at the fly

Not bad for a roller T28

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    Nope but he's actually making 503hp at the fly

Not bad for a roller T28
    Amazing, I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know more.....

Rides
    1) Ken - 501bhp
    3) Enigma -600bhp+!?!
    5) Nismo Pete 430bhp
    6) Bladerider 503bhp

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Amazing, I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know more.....
    The whole world would like to know more but HKS arent telling

BigG - is he not running that head any more then?? Last time I saw him (which admittedly was a good few months back) it was definitely there (Step2 IIRC). He told me what it cost as well
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    james spec all the way from head to the turbo is abit special and secret to be honest. But on dyno day he made 503 flya nd 418 wheels so not bad, powers going up soon to

Says alot for the spec'ing and build skills at GBH really

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    james spec all the way from head to the turbo is abit special and secret to be honest. But on dyno day he made 503 flya nd 418 wheels so not bad, powers going up soon to

Says alot for the spec'ing and build skills at GBH really
    Its good power and well done to James/GBH , but then I could say that mine made 416 at the wheels at SCA in 2003 on a similar turbo, so things haven't really moved on much in the last 5 years...

But then, different dyno on a different day and all that....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTaylor200 View Post
    Its good power and well done to James/GBH , but then I could say that mine made 416 at the wheels at SCA in 2003 on a similar turbo, so things haven't really moved on much in the last 5 years...

LOL, best way to get 50bhp on your car is to pay £50 for an SCA dyno run

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTaylor200 View Post

Im more interested in the GBH Time Attack S14/5 tbh. Thats got a bigger spec than Bladeys car.

Brett Castles HKS/Abbey Motorsport S14a must be rocking it up by now. I dunno what sort of power it is tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    I thought Matt_S invented SXOC
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Matt_S is the SXOC. They're the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Some say that he remembers when the whole planet was just a field & that his body is held together with cable ties and duct tape, all we know is, he's Matt_S

Rides
    I think a lot of things have changed to be honest actually. the tuning world has come on leaps and bounds in terms of quality and availability of parts, mapping and reliablility across the board, theres been a lot of blown engines along the way but this is in the end how we as learn and progress.

Cars have always had the ability to make big numbers, I mean internal combustion is hardly rocket science and flow efficiency and characteristics isn't out of the range of peoples intellect, the thing I've seen is bigger figures being made down low in both torque and hp unlike the old cossies where you waited right till almost the point of engine limits just to spool that emense turbo for big figures again this comes down progression in mapping technology and control amonst others (also turbo's but that's a different subject), look at the difference between the power FC ignition/fuel map and its points of adjustment against the clarity and fine point adjustment, if somewhat OTT, of the new HKS standalone or the simply the rev correction! They are awesome bits of kit

I think its been said before that reaching 500 isn't that hard and in truth its not, however, getting there and getting there to stay are two very different things.
    For instance there was a Civic Type R put on a dyno in Japan and wired with some of the biggest Nitrous jets known to man then just run up. It apparently made 1200hp before the engine let go and blew itself to pieces, reiterating again that engines can take excess power but won't last

I think as I said reliability alongside mapping by far though are the biggest learnt abilities within the tuning world these days, anyone can strap a turbo on for power but making sure that power stays is something else.

Well done on the 416 though tis v.good

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
    Im more interested in the GBH Time Attack S14/5 tbh. Thats got a bigger spec than Bladeys car.
    Oh yes it has

All painted up now too, transmission came back a while ago so that and the engine are in. is looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Again bit top secret so not going to tell you whats inside

Needless to say it's going to be a monster!