Thread: New to the forums..

Rides

New to the forums..

Hello all, new to the forums and looking at getting my first sx. Has to be a s14a as my old man used to have one but sold it before i was old enough to have it. bastard!. I said to myself one day i will get one and here i am 21, just about scraping for insurance but going to take the plunge. Just wondering if there are any major things to look out for while buying. I am seeing a lot of sx's around 100k mileage wise is this when things start to get costly? gearbox, clutch, etc. etc. Whats mods are more likely to make the engine go pop?

looking for a standard manual s14a touring preferably blue or black with low mileage. if you have one for sale drop me a pm.

cheers,

Hope to see you at a meet soon...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by $i SX View Post
    Hello all, new to the forums and looking at getting my first sx. Has to be a s14a as my old man used to have one but sold it before i was old enough to have it. bastard!. I said to myself one day i will get one and here i am 21, just about scraping for insurance but going to take the plunge. Just wondering if there are any major things to look out for while buying. I am seeing a lot of sx's around 100k mileage wise is this when things start to get costly? gearbox, clutch, etc. etc. Whats mods are more likely to make the engine go pop?

looking for a standard manual s14a touring preferably blue or black with low mileage. if you have one for sale drop me a pm.

cheers,

Hope to see you at a meet soon...
    Welcome

And theres a few low milage 14a's ones in the in the for sale section at the moment

Rides
    Hello and welcome.

As long as it's been looked after, 100k miles is nothing to be afraid of. Things like suspension will get tired before the engine or gearbox give any grief*

* = disclaimer in case the engine blows up the day after you buy it

Rides
    welcome

Rides
    hello pal.. you'll love it on here... whatever u want or want to know to know youll get it!

the people of the sxoc are awesome

enjoy the site, and the car

Rides
    yeah, will do, wen i get one. just cant seem to get just what i'm looking for. spending hours atm looking for the right 1. i'm just a bit scared of high mileages i think because my old primera started to become very costly at around 97k.

All the low mileage manual sx's seem to have loads of engine mods.

Rides
    high engine isnt a problem pal... there are some cars running up to 400 hp with standrad engines with different HG....

ull find one.... just be patient, it took me ages to get one.... put a wanted thread in the wanted section, ull get people send u the details of all the cars..

i did that and found mine like it

Banned
    Rides
    Hi!

Rides
    higher mileage tends to mean the car has been used and looked after rather than sitting around most of its life.

things to watch for are turbo gaskets, boost leaks from standard intercoolers and soppy suspension, all of which can be good bargaining tools and are easily sortable with cost effective upgrades. if the clutch has a high biting point it could be on the way out also... but again good bargain tool and a chance to upgrade as the standard one doesnt like much over 250bhp

Rides
    Are these boost leaks/turbo gaskets easily noticable while looking around/test driving a car? What do you look out for. funny sound,etc.?

Rides
    Hi and welcome , i bought mine on 87k and its now at 112k. Been running sweet as you could like and i drive it everyday. My suspension is getting a little tired now but thats all, engine is unmodified and still strong.

Rides
    Welcome mate

My motor has 97k miles on and i am well pleased no engine faults to date

Rides