Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: George & Annalie's S13

Rides
    Awesome, good work!

Rides
    I'm getting a very slight missfire at idle and again at around half throttle when you hold the revs constant. Could this be to do with poor earths? I plan to join all the earths together in a loop but I haven't done it yet.

The plugs are new and I've tried swapping the CAS for spare I had lying around but it made no difference. I also cleaned the Z32 AFM with brake and clutch cleaner before I fitted it.

Rides
    It could be a vac leak, I'm having similar - I know/think it's a vac leak round the AAC valve housing as I can hear it venting or it could be the plenum-inet gasket

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Anth413 View Post
    It could be a vac leak, I'm having similar - I know/think it's a vac leak round the AAC valve housing as I can hear it venting or it could be the plenum-inet gasket
    Shite. I hope not. Please don't let it be the inlet manifold gaskets. I did have the AAC valve off while i was fitting the injectors as it made it a bit easier, I'll have a poke around.

Rides
    Could a sticky lifter cause a slight misfire? I seem to remember one being a bit sticky the last time I rebuilt the engine and it took a couple of runs to free it up properly. It might be the same again since it's been sitting for a year and a half.

Rides
    i had this, have you checked the position of the throttle position sensor,

i also found that my SAFC caused this problem too

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    i had this, have you checked the position of the throttle position sensor,

i also found that my SAFC caused this problem too
    Not tried that yet, but unplugging the AAC valve seems to sort it for some reason. The missfire is there all the way through the rev range, it's just more obvious at idle.

edit: you can actually hear it in the video I posted up towards the end.
    Last edited by George; 26-02-2008 at 22:09.

Rides
    Quality thread mate

Rides
    A really good thread, some good project pictures there too. Love the wedding ones!

Rides
    cool project

Rides
    was it easy enough to fit the rear arches ? was thinking about doing the same to my s13 but dont really want to attempt it incase i destroy ma car lol !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus23 View Post
    was it easy enough to fit the rear arches ? was thinking about doing the same to my s13 but dont really want to attempt it incase i destroy ma car lol !
    It's not difficult to fit them, but it does seem a bit daunting when you're hacking bits out of the car. Basically, if you can weld, you can do it.

Rides
    Wowawiewa! You stripped, painted and built it in 2 weeks...after work?! : It took me a month to strip, rebuild engine, prep, paint and put sh1t back into place doing it every day from morning light till dawn!

Top stuff on DUI, keep it up!

Are those R888's?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vova View Post
    Wowawiewa! You stripped, painted and built it in 2 weeks...after work?! : It took me a month to strip, rebuild engine, prep, paint and put sh1t back into place doing it every day from morning light till dawn!

Top stuff on DUI, keep it up!

Are those R888's?
    Yo dude, yes they are.

Rides
    Hey guys what a cracking thread and development topic ...I really enjoyed reading this ..Well done

Gaz

Rides
    You made my wife all upset when she saw, you had a jap car, you stripped it all, fixed it all, had a baby and got married lol. It was mainly the baby bit though lol

Love the work you have done, and how many things on the car can you find to powder coat?

Matthew

Niki
    Just gotta pay some serious respect to you for all the work you've done on your car... i wish i only had the time and space to attempt half of what you've done!

Mucho kudos to you and your new family

Rides
    When will you have some numbers?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetal View Post
    When will you have some numbers?
    Hoping to have the bodywork finished next weekend so I can get her on the arse dyno. I won't get a rolling road figure until I hit the mainland in the summer.

Rides
    OK, mini update time. I haven't had any time to work on the car for ages as work has been hectic and eating into my evenings and weekends.

First a little picture out of our sitting room window, we have had crap sunsets this year, so this was one of the better ones.

Now on with the boring car stuff. The latest push was prompted by needing the space in the workshop for my new bead blaster (does a cracking job of cleaning up non ferrous, it just makes everything look like new!)

So the car was moved into the garage and needs to be finished now as it's a bloody nuisance and it means it's either in the way for the lift, or blocking the other end of the garage.

This is how it looked at 8:30 this morning

By 9:30 I'd got a bit of work done on the rear arch with the filler cap, and got some more metal in place. This wing is taking the longest due to the filler cap being right in the middle of it and i want to retain the standard position. This means using the original hinge and making a new flap to suit the shape of the arch.

I've altered the shape of the trailing edge from what I did at the other side as it didn't look right once the sills were in place. I just need to change the other side to match now.

That's all for now. I'm going to make an effort to try and get at least an hour done every night this week to make a difference to it.