Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: George & Annalie's S13

Rides
    I was waiting for a micrometer to turn up in the post so I could check the big ends. I was hoping they would be within tolerance with a minimum size of 44.954 or I've just wasted my time polishing them. Thankfully they are all just a whisker over that and they seem to be almost exactly the same size across all 4.

In other news, I don't think the SKF sleeve idea will work. I tried the oil pump on and the sleeve would be too short to to reach the end of the seal if I put it on all the way. I'll try the Belzona on it and keep my fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I started emptying out all the old boxes of junk that have accumulated over the years. Why did I keep all this stuff!? I even found a couple of doors! I think a trip to the dump is in order.

Rides
    some stuff seems to go for reasonable money on the facebook groups. interior trim bits, that kind of thing. if the driver side door is in decent nick and you ever make it to the mainland, let me know

shame about the SKF seal, they're not the only lot that do that type though, micro-sleeve list one for the CA18 rear seal but from memory, the nissan front oil seals are in common between loads of engines, VG, RB, CA etc.

now you've got your micrometer, you can measure it up
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
    if the driver side door is in decent nick and you ever make it to the mainland, let me know
    As far as I can tell there's no damage on it. It's missing the door card but everything else is there. PM me your address and I'll see what DHL want for getting it to you. We can see if it's worth the postage or not... I would be happy to free up some space.

Rides
    as alan says S13 parts are fetching good money these days.

i actually need an s13 drivers door too, how much is it to ship a pallet? LOL..

Rides
    Does anybody know where I can get some Nissan 83.5mm piston rings for the CA18DET? I've been searching around online but can't find any...

Rides
    try speaking to a company called conceptua tuning. they seem to be able to get stuff like that and are decent on price.

Rides
    Seconded for Conceptua, bet they can help.

Is 83.5 the standard ring? If that's the case, Amayama look like they can get a standard ring set, depending on the year.

https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-c...ical/120/12033
    Last edited by piman2k; 10-01-2022 at 09:35.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Seconded for Conceptua, bet they can help.

Is 83.5 the standard ring? If that's the case, Amayama look like they can get a standard ring set, depending on the year.

https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-c...ical/120/12033
    Thanks guys. It's 0.5mm oversize pistons but they are Nissan items. I'll try conceptua but they are listed as discontinued from Nissan.

Rides
    Conceptua seem to know their stuff. I spoke to a guy called Chris and he seems to think there will be no problem sourcing new 83.5mm rings. Thanks for your help guys