Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: George & Annalie's S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
    Is pretty cool isn't it Matt I was thinking of a similar colour myself... but now you've just blown that out of the water George lol
    Nothing to stop you buying the paint, just be quick, 2k cellulose is being phased out.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Nothing to stop you buying the paint, just be quick, 2k cellulose is being phased out.

that looks the same colour as mine but mines imperal blue

on dul days looked lik this

but in sun lik this

i loved my sx DAM YOU LEARNER DRIVERS

Rides
    Crap photos, and I need to adjust the headlamp covers for the right panel gap, but it's all in one piece. I'll take some photos that do it justice at the weekend.

Not far to go now!

Rides
    mate that is awsome, and i love it even more because you have used the standard bumpers and made an almost factory look about the car. really really well done

just a quick one, the celulose paint thing. youi say that they are phasing it out, (cos of the water based paint rubbish that we have to use now).
    but will there not still be basic colours available in cellulose, like tinters (red,blue,green,black,white etc etc)
    surely they cant phase everything out, ive heard about the water based thing for a while now and was just looking for some more info on it.

i think all that they will acheave by going water based is less work for painters as its now too expensive, and more people changing there car colours to one that is still available cos its cheaper,

Rides
    Good work. Rear reminds me of a FC RX7 for some reason. Need more pics (when you get time ).

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Beautiful job there! Looks almost like Nissan made it that way. S13 on steroids (or too many pies )

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    mate that is awsome, and i love it even more because you have used the standard bumpers and made an almost factory look about the car. really really well done

just a quick one, the celulose paint thing. youi say that they are phasing it out, (cos of the water based paint rubbish that we have to use now).
    but will there not still be basic colours available in cellulose, like tinters (red,blue,green,black,white etc etc)
    surely they cant phase everything out, ive heard about the water based thing for a while now and was just looking for some more info on it.

i think all that they will acheave by going water based is less work for painters as its now too expensive, and more people changing there car colours to one that is still available cos its cheaper,
    The primer and lacquer are still cellulose, but it's just the base coats that are going water based. You can still buy everything, but it's just getting harder to source.

The only reason I retained the standard bumpers was because I ran out of time on this, otherwise I would have made my own. I still think it looks OK, but it could have been much better with a bit more work.

The pictures don't do it justice at all, I'll get it out in the sunshine at the first opportunity!

Rides
    looks awsome mate ! are you going to make up your own bumpers at some point or just stick with the standard ones ?

Rides
    will it not become eventually impossible to get any base colours ??

that blue you have used really is an old fave of mine, a mate years ago painted his XE nova in the same and it was stunning

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus23 View Post
    looks awsome mate ! are you going to make up your own bumpers at some point or just stick with the standard ones ?
    I'm just going to stick with the standard ones for now. I only did this to get some more wheel clearance, so the looks are secondary.

will it not become eventually impossible to get any base colours ??
    Maybe, but the new regulations haven't come in yet in Northern Ireland and there's a few companies that seem to be finding a way round the rules for the time being. I don't know how they're doing it though.

Rides
    What are the roads like up there in Shetland Isles? Will it get used only in the Shetlands or will it see other parts of the UK, or Norway etc at some point?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
    What are the roads like up there in Shetland Isles? Will it get used only in the Shetlands or will it see other parts of the UK, or Norway etc at some point?
    The roads up here are good

I want to get down to Knockhill for a few track days at first, then maybe a trip to the Nurburgring some summer, but I just want to get out and use the bloody thing now!

Rides
    looks spot on!

when you turn the front wheels do they not hit on the front bumper/wing?
    Last edited by CH1EF; 07-10-2008 at 18:36.

Rides
    let us know when ur taking it to knockhill mate would like to see this on the track !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CH1EF View Post
    looks spot on!

when you turn the front wheels do they not hit on the front bumper/wing?
    Nope, I thought of that one fortunately

Quote Originally Posted by marcus23 View Post
    let us know when ur taking it to knockhill mate would like to see this on the track !
    I'm going to post in the Scotland section when we go down and try and meet up with a few people from the forum

Rides
    Looks awesome mate I agree with previous post it looks almost factory, but widebody at the same time well done fella youve got some skill there

Rides
    looking really good

eagerly awaiting daylight pics
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    i cant wait to see track action pics of this one too,

jsut realised that we havent had any feedback on the origional project in this car,
    the evo twin scroll turbo, that was the main reason i was wathing this car, and now its just an all round brilliant car too .

Rides
    i cant wait to see track action pics of this one too,

jsut realised that we havent had any feedback on the origional project in this car,
    the evo twin scroll turbo, that was the main reason i was wathing this car, and now its just an all round brilliant car too .
    I've only driven it onto a trailer, then into the garage. By the time I'd finished the engine and everything I'd already hacked the arches off.

This is it though, a few more nuts and bolts tonight and then we're off!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    This is it though, a few more nuts and bolts tonight and then we're off!
    lol... uh huh