Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just fitted t28

Rides

just fitted t28

hi all, i just i fitted a t28h turbo today and it feels like its under boosting, i know there bigger and thay have loads of lag,it is boosting but not that much...its a standard engine just with the normal begginers mod...air filter,stainless exhaust do i need to get this chiped,z32 maf,444cc and a welbrow..oh and a front mount? should this put me right? also there was no vac pipe for the external actuator to connect to like the t25 has on the side of the turbo so i put it to my boost pipe just after the turbo and before the intercooler. is this right? please put me in the right direction...many thanks.

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides

Rides
    Boost take-off sounds right What actuator did you use, a T28 one? If so, it's only boosting 0.4 bar or so IIRC, put on the T25 actuator or a bren-device (boost adjuster) to raise it to 0.7 bar or more.

Change:

Fuel pump - > Walbro
    Plugs -> NGK BCPR7ES

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vova View Post
    Boost take-off sounds right What actuator did you use, a T28 one? If so, it's only boosting 0.4 bar or so IIRC, put on the T25 actuator or a bren-device (boost adjuster) to raise it to 0.7 bar or more.

Change:

Fuel pump - > Walbro
    Plugs -> NGK BCPR7ES
    cheers mate, thats all i needed to know.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13sxturbo View Post
    cheers mate, thats all i needed to know.
    sorry mate...i used the t28 actuator. could i not adjust that in any way?

Banned
    Rides
    nope you will need an adjustable, bleed valve or boost controller

Rides
    put some washers between the actuator and the bolts that hold it on,i.e. to space it away from the exhaust housing, should run about 1 bar with three washers but you need to check it with a boost gauge and you definatly need a chip! just run it 'as is' for now...

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
    put some washers between the actuator and the bolts that hold it on,i.e. to space it away from the exhaust housing, should run about 1 bar with three washers but you need to check it with a boost gauge and you definatly need a chip! just run it 'as is' for now...
    cool never new u could do that does it hold well

Rides
    I used that method to up my mates boost, it works fine however I don't think you can push it past 0.8 bar if I remember rightly, probably due to the actuator spring. IMO it's better than using a Dawes device (yes Dawes! not Bren...) at those boost levels.

Rides
    dude... are u saying u havent got a chip for it? because ull need one of them for fueling.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    dude... are u saying u havent got a chip for it? because ull need one of them for fueling.
    ^^^^ agree 100%

personally i wouldnt touch the boost without at least a fuel pump, front mount and chip

Rides
    thats what i thought....this is why i asked! cheers all for your help.

Rides
    with out the chip and stuff you will det like f**k up the revs. even if you get a chip it will still det due to the crap standard intercooler. get a stage 2 chip, walbro fuel pump and a front mount asap. i have norris design chip, t28, front mount, exhaust, filter, walbro and make 277.2bhp@ 7200rpm at 14.7psi

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by redsx94! View Post
    with out the chip and stuff you will det like f**k up the revs. even if you get a chip it will still det due to the crap standard intercooler. get a stage 2 chip, walbro fuel pump and a front mount asap. i have norris design chip, t28, front mount, exhaust, filter, walbro and make 277.2bhp@ 7200rpm at 14.7psi
    Than why is my car at Stage 2, at 1 bar not detting? I disagree, a WMIC cools air sufficiënt enough to avoid det, it is however restricting aboven 0.7bar.

Rides
    extreme overfueling and low power maybe

Rides
    Low power? Don't think so asccording to RR and quarter mile times. Overfueling? Don't think so, plugs are nice and cooffecreamwhite...no need to take this further, accept you were wrong, it happens to the best.

Rides
    vova. apologies for being abrupt. but.

the standard wmic is shit.

oh and by the way, i recently replaced a friends intercooler on his punto 1.4 turbo. guess what, it's bigger than the standard s13 one and in full airflow. the s13 wmic always seems like an afterthought rather than a designed feature.
    Last edited by alanjuggler; 13-01-2008 at 20:10.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    What is it I need to learn? That the WMIC should be replaced by an FMIC? If that is what you mean, I'm done.

I'm not saying the WMIC is good..(or shit) but its good enough to prevent det, even up to 1 bar as I proved myself in practice, so its not necessary to replace it as above was pointed out. It is optimal...but not necessary.

Rides
    ... how have you tested for det?
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vova View Post
    Than why is my car at Stage 2, at 1 bar not detting? I disagree, a WMIC cools air sufficiënt enough to avoid det, it is however restricting aboven 0.7bar.
    I agree and disagree, the standard WMIC will do some of the cooling needed and you can setup the engine to avoid det, however, you're going to lose power due to higher charge temperatures, the turbo will be working harder to achieve set pressure at the plenum, and you will get higher EGTs as a result, meaning engine melting is a step closer