Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Radical CS

Rides
    Its probably a good thing you didn't bring this down with you mate. The track owner would prob have black flagged you before it got off the trailer lol.

Rides

Given that my road car got 3 black flags I may have got, say about 2-3laps in the rad?

Dunc.
    Last edited by dunc; 10-07-2012 at 10:45.

Rides
    Got the new wheel fitted this evening, just a quick vid of it firing up then running through some of the gauge functions - oil pressure (polarity seems to be reversed or something, needs investigated), water temp, oil temp, fuel (not connected) and battery voltage.

Dunc.

Rides
    A sketchy vid from me at Knockhill on Thurs, the quality started off OK-ish (not as good as snazzy HD stuff) then by the time it'd been through WMM and YT it's really pretty poor lol!

Sun blocks out straight and no sound

Scorsese's quaking in his boots eh?

Car's running brilliantly but unfortunately there's an issue with oil pressure which is proving difficult to diagnose. Unless it's solved soon I fear my hopes of getting some racing in this year are out the window

Dunc.

Rides
    Some pics from Knockhill on the 9th Aug:-

Car also appears in this vid a fair few times, you've got to skip approx 60seconds between passes

Next up is Knockhill on the 30th Aug (no way the weather will be as good as last time!) and hopefully I'll get the issues ironed out and if so get a race or 4 in this year after all

Also received a new toy today:-

Means flat shifts up the box and clutchless down the box

Dunc.

Rides
    Also a bit of the car (and also an sx) in this vid at 20 odd secs and 8:10ish and on.

Engine looks spot on and seems to be pulling well also, as long as I get this idle problem sorted out I'll be pretty chuffed

Dunc.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dunc View Post
    Also received a new toy today:-

Means flat shifts up the box and clutchless down the box

Dunc.
    how shall i put this?....

oh yes, Dunc youre a Class 1 tart

Rides
    LOL I'm taking that as a compliment by the way

Dunc.

Rides
    I've been quiet but there's been good stuff going on, the engine's been out and back to the builders (oil pressure problem). Stripped down, oil pressure problem fixed, engine inspected and reported as absolutely A1 condition.

I got the engine back in over xmas, getting good at getting the engine in and out now, we've got it down to a two man lift in and out now. So it fired up first turn and I've got it running on ZZR carbs now (four Keihin CVKD40's) so here's the new air box that's needed to fit them.

New airbox:-

And here's what it looks like on the engine, as you can see most of the parts are back on the car and although I've got a lot of tidying up to do (wiring/pipe routing etc) it's in decent shape and for the first time since castle combe in 2011 I'm heappy with how the engine's running

Also bought a Carbtune and gave the carbs a bit of a balance for a vast improvement which is nice

It's been well worth braving the snow in the last good few weekends and I recon (although the 'to do' list is still pretty big) the car could be ready in a couple of weeks if really required but realistically I'll not be taking it out for a good few months.

Dunc.

Rides
    Nothing too exciting to report, been working away on it but the BM and sx have been demanding attention as well

Found this interesting though and it does suggest that I seriously need to take a look at how I'm spending my free time!

Need to get a throttle cable made up (needs to be a DIY one) so have ordered one from Venhill.

Dunc.

Rides
    Some pics and vids from a trackday at Anglesey, it was the first drive in the car in a year and the first drive with a correctly functioning engine in two years!

Was good fun though, loads replaced on the car and it seems well - at Kames at the end of the month next then it's back to racing

Pics:-

Vids:-

Dunc.
    Last edited by dunc; 21-08-2013 at 20:05.

Rides
    Just adding another couple of pics I just got sent by Cornwall

Checked the car over and it's all set for Kames on Sat

Dunc.

Rides
    liking the vids and pics 8)

any idea what sort of speeds you are doing into Rocket? its a long straight and you must be close to the limiter in top? the corner speeds are effortless too, with the aero it looks so planted which is cool.

incar camera needs lifting a tad higher though, difficult to place on the track, just see the sea most of the time lol

good work fella

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CNHSS1 View Post
    incar camera needs lifting a tad higher though, difficult to place on the track, just see the sea most of the time lol
    Yeah first time I'd used it, wanted to have a in the cockpit with the driver type feel to the view but can't see enough of the road - I've got it mounted higher now for the next vid

I don't know the speed I'm afraid, think Scotty (blue s14a) said he was doing 120 indicated when I passed him there so maybe 120 to 130? It'll not be any more than that I don't think, it feels a bit sluggish pulling away with the higher gearing (that's the highest ratio I've ever run).

Dunc.

Rides
    I was just topping an indicated 120 too I think at the Kink and you were deffo going faster when you passed me Dunc

Rides
    OK so indicated 120 is about 105 to 110 so a bit quicker than that, 120? If i'd remembered how to use my logger I would know (the data may well be in there however!)

Saying that if I can read the revs on the raw footage I'd be able to work it out as well.

Hoping for some better footage at kames on sat, it's a small sprint track that I've never been to before

Dunc.
    Last edited by dunc; 29-08-2013 at 17:25.

Rides
    First time I'd ever been to Kames or any sprint type track and it's very different from what I'm used to! Think I'll need tyres that warm up a bit quicker or a setup change for this sort of thing in future as I had no front end grip, regardless of this I had a cracking day and here's the footage I got. Think there's a couple of 28s laps but mainly 29s or there abouts would like to come back another time with softer tyres and see what it's capable of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P84Q...A5aq86-Q6__pUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIp8g...A5aq86-Q6__pUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p55OM...A5aq86-Q6__pUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJXDJ...A5aq86-Q6__pUA

Also took a look at at the raw footage from anglesey and at best I hit 9.5k rpm in 6th. So that's using a 17 tooth cog at the gearbox output shaft, 46 tooth on the diff and 570 profile tyres.

Ratios are :-

1st 2.800 (42/15) / 2nd 2.055 (37/18) / 3rd 1.590 (35/22) / 4th 1.333 (32/24) / 5th 1.153 (30/26) / 6th 1.035 (29/28)

Primary reduction ratio = 1.637

Think this makes the top end 122mph at anglesey, most of the time I think it was 118 to 120mph. Not bad for a little 1.1L N/A but hardly a dragster

Cheers,

Dunc.
    Last edited by dunc; 02-09-2013 at 19:49.

Rides
    Decided to do a major upgrade to the car in the aero department, started by adding an extra element to the rear wing:-

Got to drive down south to pick up the other stuff - they are big bits!

Dunc.
    Last edited by dunc; 14-09-2013 at 16:13.